Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alestorm-Back Through Time

Go down 
+2
stormspell
metalhead777
6 posters
AuthorMessage
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Alestorm-Back Through Time Empty
PostSubject: Alestorm-Back Through Time   Alestorm-Back Through Time Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:38 pm

Come on,how is no one going wild over this? I've loved alestorm since they were known as battleheart and their sound just keeps advancing! cant wait to pick this up day 1. headbanger

Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Alestorm-Back Through Time   Alestorm-Back Through Time Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:35 am

I liked the first one, but the follow-up was very lukewarm. This sounds better already, will keep an ear on it, thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Alestorm-Back Through Time   Alestorm-Back Through Time Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:42 am

I thought the follow-up was amazing and a step above the first one, which in itself was amazing. It was my #2 album the year it came out so I will definatly get this one.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Alestorm-Back Through Time   Alestorm-Back Through Time Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 8:04 am

Loved the first one, the second wasn't quite as good but still enjoyable. From everything Chris has said about the album so far, it sounds like Back Through Time will be another fun addition to their discography. I'll definitely pick it up, if only for the cover of 'You Are A Pirate'.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Alestorm-Back Through Time   Alestorm-Back Through Time Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 8:52 am

Love their style! Who doesn't like a Pirate singer? I'm eating this new song up....When's it out?

Cover art is cool.
Did they release anything as Battleheart? Was it a similar style, sorry for my ignorance.....

Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: Alestorm-Back Through Time   Alestorm-Back Through Time Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 9:23 am

Coram Deo wrote:
Love their style! Who doesn't like a Pirate singer? I'm eating this new song up....When's it out?

Cover art is cool.
Did they release anything as Battleheart? Was it a similar style, sorry for my ignorance.....

I can answer everything!

Sadly even though this song was released a while ago,the album isnt coming out for around 2 months.

They released a single EP as battleheart,a bit less serious as their current work,and I believe they faked a break up as battleheart so they could leave their label to join a much larger one.

Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Alestorm-Back Through Time   Alestorm-Back Through Time Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 9:37 am

Cool! Thanks for the info. Right at the onset of the Battleheart vid, it screamed Alestorm, even before the vox. The break up story is funny....

Anyone ever seen them live? Can they pull the sound off live?

That EP has Wenches and Mead...Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Alestorm-Back Through Time   Alestorm-Back Through Time Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:44 am

I don't think they were even signed when they were Battleheart. I'm pretty sure the entire Battleheart recordings were just done at the home of Chris (singer / keyboardist) as a bit of a joke. Then Napalm approached them to do the music for real. I think they changed the name because they have label-mates in Battlelore and the names would have been confusingly similar. Alestorm is a fantastic name, anyway.

I've seen them live a couple of times, they're good fun. When they walked on stage to the 'Fresh Prince from Bel Air' theme, I was in stitches. Most of the non-guitar instruments (accordions and what not) are done on a keytar and it all sounds fine.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Alestorm-Back Through Time   Alestorm-Back Through Time Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:41 am

I have a bonus DVD with the last CD that has them live at Wacken, but I haven't watche it. I'll check it out and see. Would actually like to see them live though, sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Alestorm-Back Through Time   Alestorm-Back Through Time Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:24 pm

I have been getting into this band as of late. At first I was kinda disappointed that they weren't like Running Wild but not many bands are and in the case of Alestorm they have a very different approach even if they sport a pirate image.

In any case, I am in the process of acquiring their albums so I can't wait to add them into my collection.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: Alestorm-Back Through Time   Alestorm-Back Through Time Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 6:47 am

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
I have been getting into this band as of late. At first I was kinda disappointed that they weren't like Running Wild but not many bands are and in the case of Alestorm they have a very different approach even if they sport a pirate image.

In any case, I am in the process of acquiring their albums so I can't wait to add them into my collection.
A great buy for anyone into some good, fun spirited metal!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alestorm-Back Through Time   Alestorm-Back Through Time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alestorm-Back Through Time
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: