Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...

Go down 
+9
the sentinel
DallasBlack
corplhicks
nevermore
Addy
Thrasher73
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Empty
PostSubject: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 7:55 pm

I know we've got a few vintage cartoon buffs around here who will find this interesting.

Apparently Warner Bros. Animation is reviving the "classic" format Looney Tunes shorts with an upcoming new series called "Looney Tunes Cartoons."

A sample of one of the new toons, "Dynamite Dance," hit YouTube today and while it doesn't look exactly the same as the golden oldies, it looks like it's got the right spirit. The ultimate proof will be when we get to hear some of the voice work, of course.

Hype:
"Looney Tunes Cartoons is a series of new short form cartoons starring the iconic and beloved Looney Tunes characters. With a crew of some of the premier artists working in animation today, each “season” will produce 1,000 minutes of all-new Looney Tunes animation that will be distributed across multiple platforms — including digital, mobile and broadcast.

Looney Tunes Cartoons echoes the high production value and process of the original Looney Tunes theatrical shorts, with a cartoonist-driven approach to storytelling. Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig and other marquee Looney Tunes characters will be featured in their classic pairings in simple, gag-driven and visually vibrant stories. Each cartoon will vary from one to six minutes in length and, from the premise on through to the jokes, will be “written” and drawn by the cartoonists, allowing their own personality and style to come through in each cartoon.

Looney Tunes Cartoons is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and features veteran Looney Tunes voice cast members, including Eric Bauza, Jeff Bergman and Bob Bergen. Sam Register (Teen Titans Go!) and Peter Browngardt (Uncle Grandpa) serve as executive producers."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 9:10 pm

You're right FF, it seems to have the same "spirit" of the classics and the drawings and animation look great.  But the real determining factor will be the voices.  Obviously no one can outdo Mel Blanc but let's see if anyone can even come close.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 9:25 pm

I'm interested in this. Looks great.I wonder how the voices will be. It could make it or break it for me.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 10:06 pm

007 wrote:
I'm interested in this. Looks great.I wonder how the voices will be. It could make it or break it for me.

Same here.

But I like how this little snippet mixes classic drawings and animation with classical music like the classic Looney Tunes.  Shows promise...

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 4:03 am

Looks great from the clip! Can’t wait to see more. I’ve got my son watching old bugs bunny cartoons just like I did as a kid. Trying to pass it on to the next generation.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 10:41 am

Here's some more sneaky-peek Looney Tunes footage, this time featuring Porky and Daffy.  
Still no voices though, unless you count Porky's annoyed "GRRRRR!" in this one

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 10:47 am

tohostudios wrote:
You're right FF, it seems to have the same "spirit" of the classics and the drawings and animation look great.  But the real determining factor will be the voices.  Obviously no one can outdo Mel Blanc but let's see if anyone can even come close.

Just found this clip of Eric Bauza, the new voice of Bugs, Daffy, Tweety, and Pepe Le Pew for the new series. Not too shabby! His Daffy sounds like vintage Mel Blanc to me.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 11:07 am

Hey, that's pretty good. Gives me hope that all will be well with these toons.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 3:56 pm

Yeah that sounds great. I'm starting to get psyched for these.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 8:33 am

question is, will Yosemite Sam be in them? as he was banned from what i heard
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 9:03 am

^^^^ That is a falsehood, thankfully.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/yosemite-sam-banned/
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25766

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 11:05 am

I'm looking forward to seeing these new toons.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 1:43 pm

I watch Looney Tunes a LOT. My oldest has just started taking an interest in them after I bought a laserdisc collection from a local seller. So this is great news if they can pull it off, and that clip shows promise. They tried resurrecting Bugs and Daffy a while ago and it came off as poppy, hip nonsense (and wasn't funny to boot), so this is a welcome endeavor.

On the other hand, has anyone here caught the reboot of Mickey Mouse Disney pulled a few years ago? Literally animated just like Ren and Stimpy, I kid you not. Terribly obnoxious, sometimes crude, and not at all representative of what we've all grown up on. Even my kids see it for the crap it is lol.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 7:17 pm

That raises a good point. 

The animation can be elaborate with all the frames per second the old toons had and even the voices can be very close approximations to those cartoons we grew up with but if the writing sucks it will all be for naught.  I'd venture to say that some of the writing on those original Looney Tunes was downright genius.  Like the one where an unseen animator keeps tormenting Donald Duck and in the end it turns out to be Bugs Bunny.  Brilliant!

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 3:51 am

tohostudios wrote:
That raises a good point. 

The animation can be elaborate with all the frames per second the old toons had and even the voices can be very close approximations to those cartoons we grew up with but if the writing sucks it will all be for naught.  I'd venture to say that some of the writing on those original Looney Tunes was downright genius.  Like the one where an unseen animator keeps tormenting Donald Duck and in the end it turns out to be Bugs Bunny.  Brilliant!

Who handled the bulk of the writing with the classics? Coming from a long-time Tunes fan that knows squat about its history. I always hear this 'Tex' guy's name thrown around.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 6:05 am

I believe Chuck Jones w rite the bulk of that material. I think Tex Avery was an animator.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 3:31 pm

007 wrote:
I believe Chuck Jones w rite the bulk of that material. I think Tex Avery was an animator.

That's right. Something I learned forever ago and promptly forgot, right on par haha.

A lot of those shorts wowed me as a kid because of how unpredictable they were. I know only few here digested late 80's Sat morning cartoons like I did but my absolute favorite hour was The Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show, 10-11a, our local ABC affiliate if I'm not mistaken (channel 30 ABC). It was like everything that came before that slot, whether it was Real Ghostbusters, Gummi Bears, or Garfield and Friends, was fodder no matter how good it was. An hour of random Looney Tunes though? My weekend was never quite right without it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 4:26 pm

Yeah Chuck Jones wrote a lot of the shorts. I have all the originals in their remastered forms on DVD. Several years ago Warner Bros. would release 4 dvd box sets of Looney Tunes every year and I always bought them. I have all 5 volumes they put out which I think exhausted the Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies archives. And each box set also includes various Looney Tunes documentaries, some quite lengthy. It sure is nice to watch those shorts in fully restored color; for the longest time I thought cartoons like the one with the Gashouse Gorillas playing baseball against Bugs Bunny were black and white because the colors in the versions shown on TV were so washed out.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 7:01 pm

I don't know, the last time they brought back Looney Tunes (late 2000's) it was utter crap. The classics should just remain classics IMO.

I will however, be interested in the Animaniacs revival since those involved with the original are still around.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 5:19 pm

007 wrote:
^^^^  That is a falsehood, thankfully.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/yosemite-sam-banned/

Thankfully cuz he ruled!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2020 12:59 pm

Apparently these "new" Looney Tunes will premiere on HBO Max in May of 2020.

Since I don't have HBO Max, I will anxiously await watching bootleg rips of them on YouTube Very Happy

New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Looney_Tunes_Cartoons_poster

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 7:04 pm

HBO Max? That sucks, I won't be able to see any of it, at least until maybe on youtube or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 9:08 pm

New "Looney Tunes Cartoons" trailer...this looks like it's gonna be fun.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 10:18 pm

Man, that looks great!

With no sports going on right now and for the foreseeable future I may have to switch my cable tier from the Sports Tier to one that include HBO Max.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2020 8:33 pm

This looks cool. Maybe my kid will get into Bugs and Daffy. She loves the reboot of the Muppet Babies that started a few years back, heck, I even laugh at some of the corny jokes when we watch together. I thought the "Mickey and the Roadster Racers" was a pretty good updating as it has a bit of an edge and doesn't seem so "babyish" compared to what I have seen of the MM Clubhouse series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next