Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The First Transformers Soundtrack.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 112

The First Transformers Soundtrack. Empty
PostSubject: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 7:19 pm

Would any of you consider tracks 2, 5, 6, and 8 to be Metal? I do an I
think it's an interesting album. Anyone else share this view?

e

1 The Touch - Stan Bush 3:55
2 Instruments of Destruction - N.R.G. 3:22
3 Death of Optimus Prime - Vince Dicola 2:57
4 Dare Stan Bush - 4:02
5 Nothin's Gonna Stand In Our Way - Spectre General 3:39
6 The Transformers (Theme) - Lion 3:34
7 Escape - Vince Dicola 4:46
8 Hunger - Spectre General 3:46
9 Autobot/Decepticon Battle - Vince Dicola 4:17
10 Dare To Be Stupid - "Wierd Al" Yankovic 3:25

(On A side note, I have heard N.R.G. is Actualy Kick Axe, the song on the soundtrack is in fact different (lyricaly) from the Kick Axe song "
Instruments of Seduction")
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 8:38 am

Damien Solta wrote:

I have been a Lion fan since I was a wee lad and love this song. If you can wade through the sea of cheese produced by the lyrics of this song, it is actually pretty well crafted.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 9:56 am

I have the Lion album DANGEROUS ATTRACTION with the "Transformers" song on it. My four year old son loves it, he asks me to play it for him all the time! 🤘
(on a side note, he also LOVES Weird Al's "Dare To Be Stupid," but I had no idea that it was also in the Transformers film... he just happened to hear me playing that Weird Al CD one day...)

I could be wrong, but I believe that in addition to "NRG," the "band" SPECTRE GENERAL on the Transformers soundtrack is ALSO Kick Axe. Apparently the movie people didn't think that the band name "Kick Axe" was appropriate for a movie aimed at kids, so their songs were credited to fake names... and if memory serves, it was done without the band's knowledge as well!

This reminds me, the "new" Transformers movie came out on DVD yesterday if I'm not mistaken... I gotta rent that puppy, both my son and I have been DYIN to see it!! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 9:59 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I have the Lion album DANGEROUS ATTRACTION with the "Transformers" song on it. My four year old son loves it, he asks me to play it for him all the time! 🤘

Hey FF, that Lion CD is my number one want in the world. Even over World Peace. If you want a pint of blood, or my first born for it just let me know. Smile
Back to top Go down
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 4:32 pm

Yea, I was only sure about N.R.G. did know the same may have went for specter general. Best song is Lion's theme, even the non metal heads that I know love it. (Cheesy I know, but it's a good song imo.)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 4:44 pm

I got into a raging argument with a guy on another message board some time ago about the Transformers soundtrack. He claimed that the band "Lion" eventually became White Lion. I was like "Um, no they didn't dude. Totally different band." But this guy would NOT back down! He SWORE that he KNEW Lion and White Lion were the same band. Nevermind that White Lion had already existed since '84 (when FIGHT TO SURVIVE was released) and the Transformers soundtrack came out a few years later... it was quite funny. Eventually I just gave up and let the guy live in his fantasy world.

Last edited by on Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 4:51 pm

I've looked around the internets for a little bit (not too much searching though) and I couldn't find any lion stuff. Did they release Transformers (Theme) and then get in a huge car reck or something, (running Joke, they were so awsome that they killed themselves because Transformers (Theme) was just so go it could only go down.)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 4:53 pm

Damien Solta wrote:
I've looked around the internets for a little bit (not too much searching though) and I couldn't find any lion stuff. Did they release Transformers (Theme) and then get in a huge car reck or something, (running Joke, they were so awsome that they killed themselves because Transformers (Theme) was just so go it could only go down.)

I believe Lion released two albums... I have DANGEROUS ATTRACTION which I think was their second. I can't think of the name of the other one for the life of me at the moment. Of course, the minute I log off from here it'll come to me and I'll go "D'OH! THAT'S it!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 4:55 pm

Trouble In Angel City, young man.

Both albums are available through unscrupulous (SIC) dealers on EBay who unreasonably jack up the prices. Dangerous Attraction is going for $127.50 on Amazon now. Heavy Harmonies says the EBay average on both is only around $25.00 but I have never seen either go for less than $50.00.

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/band.cgi?BandNum=296

Last edited by on Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 4:56 pm

spectrefate wrote:

D'OH! THAT's it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 4:56 pm

Well that was easy:lol!:

Wish the second Soundtrack was as good. :Is sad:

Last edited by on Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 4:57 pm

Damien Solta wrote:
Well that was easy

All part of the friendly service, my good man. Smile
Back to top Go down
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 4:59 pm

DANGEROUS ATTRACTION and Trouble In Angel City worth getting?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 5:00 pm

Damien Solta wrote:

If you can FIND'em, yea... they're rare as hell though. I only have a CD-R of DANGEROUS ATTRACTION and I have pretty much given up on finding an original (at a decent price anyway) after all this time. They were nothing earth shaking or mind blowing but good solid mid'80s hard rock all the same. Doug Aldrich, the guitarist, went on to play with Hurricane and Dio, among others

Last edited by on Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 5:02 pm

Cool, I'll be sure to tell the guy today when I see him. He's going to cry. (j/k) But thank's to you both.

And what do you think of the Kick Axe stuff (on the album)?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 5:03 pm

Damien Solta wrote:

Hells yeah. I have a serious soft spot in my heart for them, but I think its safe to say that if you like late 80's metal, then you can't go wrong with Lion. Another band that should have made it.
And they would have too, if it weren't for you meddling kids and your dog!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 5:05 pm

Damien Solta wrote:

And what do you think of the Kick Axe stuff (on the album)?

I honestly haven't heard 'em in years but I never liked Kick Axe much. They were pretty cheesy, and considering that we're talking early 80s, when just about EVERYTHING was cheesy, they had to be EXTRA cheesy to make me go "Wow, that's cheesy."

I think I just set a record for the most uses of the word "Cheesy" in one paragraph. Smile

Get a load of this classic Kick Axe video for their track "On The Road To Rock" ... it pretty much sez it all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdEQa1Q983I
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 5:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Get a load of this classic Kick Axe video for their track "On The Road To Rock" ... it pretty much sez it all

No wonder metalheads had such a bad image in the 80's.
Back to top Go down
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 5:32 pm

I like it, lol. (Realy, I like it, it's just so random and fun.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 11:20 pm

spectrefate wrote:

Both albums are available through unscrupulous (SIC) dealers on EBay who unreasonably jack up the prices. Dangerous Attraction is going for $127.50 on Amazon now. Heavy Harmonies says the EBay average on both is only around $25.00 but I have never seen either go for less than $50.00.

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/band.cgi?BandNum=296

Of course I spoke too soon. I just won Trouble in Angel City for $22.50 on EBay. YES! One down, one to go! Smile

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=270175927083
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:58 am

Quote :
Of course I spoke too soon. I just won Trouble in Angel City for $22.50 on EBay. YES! One down, one to go!

You GO boy! Nice snag!!

I'm listening to Lion's DANGEROUS ATTRACTION right now. 🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 12:03 pm

Damien Solta wrote:
Would any of you consider tracks 2, 5, 6, and 8 to be Metal? I do an I
think it's an interesting album. Anyone else share this view?

e

1 The Touch - Stan Bush 3:55
2 Instruments of Destruction - N.R.G. 3:22
3 Death of Optimus Prime - Vince Dicola 2:57
4 Dare Stan Bush - 4:02
5 Nothin's Gonna Stand In Our Way - Spectre General 3:39
7 Escape - Vince Dicola 4:46
8 Hunger - Spectre General 3:46
9 Autobot/Decepticon Battle - Vince Dicola 4:17
10 Dare To Be Stupid - "Wierd Al" Yankovic 3:25

(On A side note, I have heard N.R.G. is Actualy Kick Axe, the song on the soundtrack is in fact different (lyricaly) from the Kick Axe song "
Instruments of Seduction")

I prefer this version...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C9Bng7NPPY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 7:31 pm

Speaking of Lion, look what daddy got in the mail today.

My quest is over!

The First Transformers Soundtrack. Lion

Both original presses.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 9:47 am

spectrefate wrote:

My quest is over!

Both original presses.

Nice! And just think, if we hadn't started talking about Lion in this thread, you may not have been inspired to go eBaying for those two. You're welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 5:31 pm

spectrefate wrote:

My quest is over!

Both original presses.

Awsome man, awsome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Transformers Soundtrack.   The First Transformers Soundtrack. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The First Transformers Soundtrack.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next