Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]

Go down 
+10
akeldama
XYZ
Thrasher73
T-Roy
Troublezone
Shiney
ultmetal
candlemass
scottmitchell74
Damien Solta
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:57 am

I like Demon Hunter.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:29 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I like Demon Hunter.

I Don't! No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:30 am

Not bad until the singer opens his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:41 am

They're ok
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:33 pm

Really haven't listened to them in a while. It seem too "cookie cutter" metal to me.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:25 pm

I have all their stuff. I really like them a lot considering how much I hate nu-metal in general.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:29 pm

always enjoyed the fact that ryan could sing as well as scream.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:56 pm

Liked them when I was first broaching metal(or what I thought was metal) but now they don't do much now for me. I just can't get into those overly melodic clean vocals in metalcore or death metal music.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 10:20 pm

I use to think Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck was a good song. Then I heard the original.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 6:35 pm

Even if their music sucks (I liked what I heard-not much), it's good to see a heavy Christian band getting mainstream recognition and success. A band with a postitive message instead of the "I hate everything" mentality of some of the bands in that genre.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 1:48 am

I seem to be one of the few here who actually like Demon Hunters music Very Happy, but I also have a varied taste in music. I love metal, rock, jazz, blues, and yes I even enjoy the occasional symphony or elevator music as some may call it. For the most part I tend to listen more to metal or hard rock, but I never judged whether or not I would listen to a band based on the category of their style of music. If I like the sound and the vocals are good I will buy or listen to it. For me there is something cool about the way Ryan sounds as he changes from growl to singing, and the music is hard and enjoyable for me. I do think it would very cool if they actually had guitar solos as it would add a great dimension to their sound. There is my 2 cents Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 3 506406
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 7:37 pm

i like them. they got me into growled vocals! if it wasnt for them i would still be listening to regular rock......eww

but now i like all genras of metal exept grindcore
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3