Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demon Hunter, lyrics video for "Someone to Hate"

Go down 
+3
DevZor
Troublezone
Ben Grimm
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

Demon Hunter, lyrics video for "Someone to Hate" Empty
PostSubject: Demon Hunter, lyrics video for "Someone to Hate"   Demon Hunter, lyrics video for "Someone to Hate" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:46 pm

I Like it!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter, lyrics video for "Someone to Hate"   Demon Hunter, lyrics video for "Someone to Hate" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:22 pm

I think they've improved a lot. The last album was pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter, lyrics video for "Someone to Hate"   Demon Hunter, lyrics video for "Someone to Hate" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:03 am

headbanger

Of all the 'core acts I've listened to over the years, Demon Hunter has probably aged the most gracefully for me. I don't often pull out any metalcore discs anymore but I'm always up for some DH.

As far as the song above goes, I'm for it. The more traditional metal elements DH pulls in the more I like 'em. I like the songs build up and the pre-chorus here is particularly aggressive for Ryan. There not about to re-invent the DH wheel here but every album does show them getting better at what they do. I'll be getting this album for sure. But given how this spring is shaping up for killer new albums, I might be putting this one on the back burner for a while 'till I build back up my entertainment budget.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter, lyrics video for "Someone to Hate"   Demon Hunter, lyrics video for "Someone to Hate" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:08 pm

Man, in my first days exploring more harsh music, Demon Hunter was my go to band.

No joke, listened to almost nothing but their discography for 10-15 months in 07 when I got into heavier music, past my usual glam/power metal of the time. I think I may have put myself off of them for good, simply because of that.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter, lyrics video for "Someone to Hate"   Demon Hunter, lyrics video for "Someone to Hate" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:13 pm

Never could get into this band.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter, lyrics video for "Someone to Hate"   Demon Hunter, lyrics video for "Someone to Hate" Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:25 pm

Quote :

That's an understandable position. I mean as much as I love Demon Hunter, they are pretty much the absolute definition of formulaic metalcore. The verse/scream chorus/sing thing has been done to death, and for the most part usually makes for a pretty boring sound.

But for me there is something in particular that DH does that I can't put my finger on, but keeps me interested.

Anywho, I just listened to "someone to hate" again. I definitely dig it, but the wife overheard and really liked it too. So this pretty much means despite what my previous post said, I'll be picking this one up as soon as its out. I love having tunes around we can both rock out to. It makes road trips and house chores waaaaay better.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter, lyrics video for "Someone to Hate"   Demon Hunter, lyrics video for "Someone to Hate" Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:29 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Neither could I.
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter, lyrics video for "Someone to Hate"   Demon Hunter, lyrics video for "Someone to Hate" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:42 pm

Been listening to this band for years. I'll be picking this one up too sounds like.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter, lyrics video for "Someone to Hate"   Demon Hunter, lyrics video for "Someone to Hate" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demon Hunter, lyrics video for "Someone to Hate"
Page 1 of 1