Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you could change the thrash Big 4 -

Go down 
+21
Lurideath
John Madden
glassprison
Fat Freddy
metalinmyveins
manny
Lari
the sentinel
Required Fields
Gilbert
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
Glower
Boris2008
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

If you could change the thrash Big 4 - - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change the thrash Big 4 -   If you could change the thrash Big 4 - - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2019 10:17 am

I wouldn't change a thing, as those bands earned that spot. If you had to vote one band out of the mix, it would be Anthrax. If I had to put one band in to replace them, it would be from that pretty common second tier:

Testament
Death Angel
Overkill
Exodus
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37648

PostSubject: Re: If you could change the thrash Big 4 -   If you could change the thrash Big 4 - - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2019 10:20 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Lari wrote:
I don't know if the Big Four was ever about the quality of music. Just records sold.

That's it. Plus they were the first to get records out (well not Megadeth but Dave had history in the scene)

They were also the first four thrash bands to land major label deals.

...of course, this was back when signing with a major was still considered a "positive." Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: If you could change the thrash Big 4 -   If you could change the thrash Big 4 - - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2019 9:22 pm

I would make it the Big One: Kreator.
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: If you could change the thrash Big 4 -   If you could change the thrash Big 4 - - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 10:19 am

Holy Terror
Whiplash
Nuclear Assault
Dark Angel
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: If you could change the thrash Big 4 -   If you could change the thrash Big 4 - - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 7:44 pm

John Madden wrote:
Holy Terror
Whiplash
Nuclear Assault
Dark Angel

Great bands but you really would have to redefine the word 'big' lol!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: If you could change the thrash Big 4 -   If you could change the thrash Big 4 - - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 1:23 pm

You cannot change the Big 4 because they were the biggest selling bands of the genre at the time and it stuck. None of them remained a thrash band but Slayer being the closest to not completely abandoning the style but they drifted as well.

As for this day in age, Slayer would be the only one I would list.

I feel this is more of a fanboy thread than anything HAHA!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: If you could change the thrash Big 4 -   If you could change the thrash Big 4 - - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 8:15 pm

Lurideath wrote:
You cannot change the Big 4 because they were the biggest selling bands of the genre at the time and it stuck. None of them remained a thrash band but Slayer being the closest to not completely abandoning the style but they drifted as well.

As for this day in age, Slayer would be the only one I would list.

I'd still put Megadeth in there. They strayed with Risk, but for the most part remained true to form.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: If you could change the thrash Big 4 -   If you could change the thrash Big 4 - - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 8:24 pm

Quote :
I'd still put Megadeth in there. They strayed with Risk, but for the most part remained true to form.

Yeah, I like Risk a lot, but even conceding that one, they've been perhaps the MOST consistent of all the Big 4. We may have not been able to say that 15 years ago; but since they've been putting out a string of killer albums since the mid 2000s I think they're fan base has had more to be excited about than Anthrax, Slayer or Metallica fans.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: If you could change the thrash Big 4 -   If you could change the thrash Big 4 - - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 6:07 am

Lurideath wrote:

Fucking "Fanboy Thread", Shannon??? How is AoB Mach IV coming along?
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: If you could change the thrash Big 4 -   If you could change the thrash Big 4 - - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 11:56 am

Suicidal Tendencies, Overkill and Testament are probably the next in line based on sales but nowhere near as successful. Everyone so quick to replace Anthrax Rolling Eyes.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: If you could change the thrash Big 4 -   If you could change the thrash Big 4 - - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 12:43 pm

Eh, I've come to care about who's in the Big 4 as much as who makes the Rock n Roll HoF. Which is not much.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: If you could change the thrash Big 4 -   If you could change the thrash Big 4 - - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 5:17 pm

MetallicA (Though I would disqualify them now for lack of thrash longevity)
Testament
Slayer
Overkill
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: If you could change the thrash Big 4 -   If you could change the thrash Big 4 - - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 3:46 am

Exodus
Testament
Sacred Reich
Megadeth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could change the thrash Big 4 -   If you could change the thrash Big 4 - - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you could change the thrash Big 4 -
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2