Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Of Humble Beginnings

Go down 
+6
jstate
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
mc666
MetalGuy71
Damien Solta
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 112

Of Humble Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Of Humble Beginnings   Of Humble Beginnings Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 9:53 pm

Hey! This is a new member of HeartOfMetal, proud to be part of the group;
(Onto more important stuff).

About two years back I was at a baseball game with a good friend of mine, and the team we were there to watch scored a homerun, and out of no were, Ride The Lighning played, and I (being a youth with no metal taste, in fact I was a metal virgin -up to that point it was all classical music for me-) look to my friend and he's like "That's metallica" and I just gasp. That night I looked all over the house (I was at my uncles) and out of no were I find Megadeth's Peace Sells. Well I had read on the internets that Megadeth was one of the Big Four. Well let's say I've gone threw a lot of metal over these two years, yet as of right now Megadeth is STILL the band of choice. (After Megadeth; Tourniquet; Stryper; Trans-Siberian Orchestra; Deep Purple; Immortal Souls; Horde; Narnia; Hammerfall; and anything done by metallica before S&M (S&M being awsome and a personal fave) not to mention a TON of other bands. (I like other kinds of music too. but this is a metal board is it not?)

Anyone else remember the time they got into metal?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Of Humble Beginnings   Of Humble Beginnings Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 9:58 pm

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Of Humble Beginnings   Of Humble Beginnings Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:02 pm

nice to know you. welcome.

Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Of Humble Beginnings   Of Humble Beginnings Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:02 pm

Lookin threw that thread, I realize I forgot about my Gun's N Roses stuff, the cover of Live And Let Die still graces my CD player...
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Of Humble Beginnings   Of Humble Beginnings Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:49 pm

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Of Humble Beginnings   Of Humble Beginnings Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 1:04 am

WELCOME!!!

🤘
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Of Humble Beginnings   Of Humble Beginnings Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 3:36 am

Welcome fellow metal head! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Of Humble Beginnings   Of Humble Beginnings Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 4:17 am

Quote :
Anyone else remember the time they got into metal?

Yep, back in 1986. Stryper was the first band to pierce my virgin ears. I quickly got into a lot of bands like Bloodgood, Saint, and Bride.

A few years later I was a full fledged thrasher - into Slayer, Metallica, Anthrax, Overkill, Kreator, Sodom, Sacred Reich, Forbidden, etc.

I love all genres of metal nowadays. I also like other kinds of music as well. Check the "Just Rock and Roll" forum here to discuss other 'non metal' bands. It's nice that way. Gives the board lots of diversity.

I think you'll like it here. People just seem to really get along. No one bashes anyone for unusual taste in music, etc.

It does seem that most people here tend to like thrash though - so you'll fit right in!

🤘
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Of Humble Beginnings   Of Humble Beginnings Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 10:23 am

New member myself - who was just about to post a similar thread. Can't get enough of those metal beginnings stories.

My start began in 1982ish when my dad got me a stereo system (due to the fact I listened to the radio endlessly). At the local GL Perry they had a small vinyl/cassette section and I picked out two K-Tel selections. One a breakdance record and the other a metal comp cassette. Flying High Again by Ozzy and Long Stick Goes Boom by Krokus were played-rewound-played again until literally the tape broke.

After all these years and some riding of the trends that have come and gone, Metal is the only thing that has stayed and what I've always come home to .
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Of Humble Beginnings   Of Humble Beginnings Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 10:36 am

Welcome as well 🤘
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Of Humble Beginnings   Of Humble Beginnings Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 11:11 am

Welcome newbies! Awesome stories!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Of Humble Beginnings   Of Humble Beginnings Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 11:16 am

Hello and welcome. Thanks for sharing that story about yourself.

I got into metal when I was very young, in the 1970's. Bands like Ted Nugent, Thin Lizzy, Judas Priest, Kiss, Aerosmith, etc. are still favorites of mine today.

I noticed you like a lot of Christian metal. That's cool. Check out my band if you get a chance:
www.myspace.com/ultimatummetal

ult

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Of Humble Beginnings   Of Humble Beginnings Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 1:26 pm

Welcome, and to answer your question i got into metal in the late 80's and never looked back.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Of Humble Beginnings   Of Humble Beginnings Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 2:10 pm

Welcome Damien Solta and jstate. People are friendly around here. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Humble Beginnings   Of Humble Beginnings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Of Humble Beginnings
Page 1 of 1