Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?

Go down 
+10
James B.
assault_attack
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
manny
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Dark Horseman
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 2:33 pm

Daryl Hall has guys come in and play in a laid back setting. Has Cheap Trick, Billy Gibbons, Joe Walsh and Sammy Hagar for the rockier side. Check it out, it's kind of fun.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 2:34 pm

And i'm not a Train fan but man, they nail this.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 5:18 pm

I've watched a few episodes before. I always enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 6:39 pm

I've flipped past it a few times and it's always a guest I don't care about, so I keep going. If I could catch Cheap Trick or Billy Gibbons, I'd probably tune in.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 7:12 pm

Look 'em up on YT.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 8:25 pm

It's a great show. Even guests that I'm not very fond of have been a surprising treat.

Sort of off topic, but what is it about Train?? They seem to be rather decent musicians that came out of nowhere with a lot of promise, but the music I've heard is just plain formulaic junk. I've only heard the singles and sampled one album but it all sounds like tortured souls trapped in mainstream purgatory, screaming to break free and fulfill their destiny as, I dunno, a jam band or something.

I totally cool with expanding my perspective on these guys if any fans here want to point me in the right direction, though. My non-forum friends haven't found success, however ("but their songs are so prettyyyyy! He sings from the heaaaaaart!")
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 7:59 pm

I agree. They showed real potential on the show but their albums are mostly boring.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 8:58 pm

I have watched a handful of episodes and always enjoyed it
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 2:05 pm

The Cee-Lo episode was epic. I have seen every episode multiple times. Daryl Hall is my all-time fav vox from any genre.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 11:49 pm

That's surprising but maybe I shouldn't be, he's a versatile guy, way beyond the stuff with just Oates.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 12:46 am

I used to watch some here and there...
Mostly the ones before T-bone died. Billy Gibbons was my favorite episode.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 3:13 pm

Yeah, that was sad, he was great and brought a lot of energy.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 5:09 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
That's surprising but maybe I shouldn't be, he's a versatile guy, way beyond the stuff with just Oates.

Does Oates ever show up? Or does he sit out on the porch, waiting for Daryl to invite him in?

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 6:18 pm

Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? 430996
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 6:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Does Oates ever show up? Or does he sit out on the porch, waiting for Daryl to invite him in?

Maybe it's a "No Homers" situation.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 7:33 pm

John Oates has been on plenty of episodes. They are still the best of friends. But, this venue is all Daryl's.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 9:30 pm

I bought the Graham Bonnet band cd that has a bonus dvd, Live from Daryl's house. On Graham"s 1st solo lp 1976 he does a cover of a Hall & Oats song.

It would have been cool if Daryl would have come out and played that song.

I had neighbors that live two houses down. Rick is still an active guitar player & his wife has a great blues voice. When she was 17 she opened up for famous bands at fairs . Played in front of huge crowds. I use to to there house and watch Live From Daryl's house. Good times!

They moved away to sunny Montana.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 9:42 pm

Ha, sunny Montana. Maybe in August.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 1:45 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Ha, sunny Montana. Maybe in August.

Darn tootin...it's -10 right now with a gusty wind. So the wind chill is off the hook right now. Staying right here beside the fire today.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 4:05 pm

We've had minus temps a couple times this last week and a foot of snow since Friday. I'm gonna go burn some Sulphur to kick up the global warming. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 5:19 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
We've had minus temps a couple times this last week and a foot of snow since Friday. I'm gonna go burn some Sulphur to kick up the global warming. Very Happy

Last Thursday morning it was -30 on the thermometer at 5:45AM with no wind. My wood is organic, it grew all by itself up where my cabin sits in the Little Belt Mountains. Right now, I'm kickin back down in the Basin at 4300 feet above sea level listening to Cannibal Corpse & Weather Report.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 6:31 pm

That's pretty cool, I might have to look into that show some more. Reminds me of a YouTube channel I found a few months ago where different bands play short concerts in some dudes house in front of a small audience called House of Strombo. Here's one with Power Trip, but there are tons more. Some metal, mostly bands I've never heard of.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 12:29 am

I have seen the ep. with Billy Gibbons. Good show.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 1:02 am

corplhicks wrote:
It's a great show. Even guests that I'm not very fond of have been a surprising treat.

Sort of off topic, but what is it about Train?? They seem to be rather decent musicians that came out of nowhere with a lot of promise, but the music I've heard is just plain formulaic junk. I've only heard the singles and sampled one album but it all sounds like tortured souls trapped in mainstream purgatory, screaming to break free and fulfill their destiny as, I dunno, a jam band or something.

I totally cool with expanding my perspective on these guys if any fans here want to point me in the right direction, though. My non-forum friends haven't found success, however ("but their songs are so prettyyyyy! He sings from the heaaaaaart!")

Shay, you bring up an interesting point. I have often wondered about why a band plays the music they do. Why are there Thrash bands and AOR bands and everything in between? Is it their influences, the bands or artists they grew up listening to? Is it the time they hit the market and they play a style that sells well? Is it the record company that owns your soul once you sign that tells you what to play? I don't wish to derail the thread, but I often wonder this.

I read an article the other day on Blabbermouth about Nickelback saying they were up for recording a Metal album and that they were "raised on Metal" and grew up listening to it. Then, one of them went on to name drop the Big 4 and say that they would be "down to do a Slayer covers album" and I almost dropped my phone. C'mon? Really? If you want to record a heavy Metal album, then do it. They have been around for over 20 years and sold a shit ton of albums, so you can do whatever you want.

I get it when already established, older bands "sell out" to stay relevant or ride a trend, or were forced by the clueless record execs to do something they didn't want to. but when a band straddles the line, and could play heavier, it makes me wonder why they don't. I am not a musician and never will be, so I have never had to choose between what is in your heart and what will pay the bills. I assume it comes down to that. But, I could be wrong.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28459

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 3:02 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
John Oates has been on plenty of episodes.  They are still the best of friends.  But, this venue is all Daryl's.

Back in the heyday of Hall and Oates, John Oates had one of the top five mustaches of all time. Just had to say that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?   Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone watched Live From Daryl's House?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Let The Music Do The Talking-
Jump to: