Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Attention American Narnia Fans

Go down 
+11
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
powermacho
Thrasher73
exact33
Stender
MetalGuy71
Olafsto
stepcousin
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Attention American Narnia Fans Empty
PostSubject: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 9:53 pm

Note: If this is old news to some of you I apologize, but I never heard about this until now which means that there may be others who haven't as well:

Most of you from outside the U.S. prpobably know this but Americans like me might not. Just got my new issue of Heaven's Metal fanzine and have learned about some awesome Narnia news. They have released a special double CD called Decade of Confession (the rest of the world got it back in August). It includes a best of selection, some live songs, and tracks that were origionaly only availiable on Japanese releases. It has a new track called, "In His Majesty's Service, remix of "Show All The World", and a cover of Uriah Heep's "Sunrise". When this gets a U.S. release I will have to jump at a chance to get it.

Speaking of Narnia, Divinefire has begun working on their final album titled Farewell and will include a guest appearence by C.J. Grimmark and Rivel's younger brother, Hubertus Liljegren (ex-Crimson Moonlight and Sanctifica.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 10:48 pm

Ah, Narnia. Probably my most frustrating band. If you put the best 20 songs (in my judgement) they've ever done together you would have two great CDs. However, they get too artsy or "cute" and lose me. Even within the course of a particular song they'll change directions so drastically that it just kills it for me. And Rivel's vocals in Narnia are lacking that certain "je ne sais quois" that he finds in Divinefire.

So, although they simply ooze talent I've given up on Narnia and simply target Divinefire (although I can't find the new one for a reasonable price anywhere!)

I suppose if all the songs on the Decade were the faster, more agressive or more consistant songs I'd try it. Otherwise, it's a pass.

Thanks for the heads up, though, because it's something I can look out for!
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 5:05 am

Love Narnia just the way they are.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 5:18 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Ah, Narnia. Probably my most frustrating band. If you put the best 20 songs (in my judgement) they've ever done together you would have two great CDs. However, they get too artsy or "cute" and lose me. Even within the course of a particular song they'll change directions so drastically that it just kills it for me. And Rivel's vocals in Narnia are lacking that certain "je ne sais quois" that he finds in Divinefire.

So, although they simply ooze talent I've given up on Narnia and simply target Divinefire (although I can't find the new one for a reasonable price anywhere!)

I suppose if all the songs on the Decade were the faster, more agressive or more consistant songs I'd try it. Otherwise, it's a pass.

Thanks for the heads up, though, because it's something I can look out for!

I feel the same way about Narnia Scottmitchell.
Got all their albums and I try to get into them, but there is something missing.
Hard to say what is the problem, as you mention they ooze talent.
Rivel is a good singer, but his voice doesen`t fit the music.
May have to check out Divinefire, haven`t heard them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 8:18 am

Olafsto:

http://www.myspace.com/divinefireofficial

I couldn't figure out how to explain Divinefire so hear's a good 4 song sampler from myspace.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 5:07 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Olafsto:

http://www.myspace.com/divinefireofficial

I couldn't figure out how to explain Divinefire so hear's a good 4 song sampler from myspace.

Thanks for the link Scottmitchell!
I gave it a listen, and it sounds promising!!
Anotherone for my looong wantlist Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 5:43 pm

🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 5:31 pm

I don't know anything about the band, but some fans here might care to read this news I swiped from Blabber...

Swedish epic/melodic metallers NARNIA have issued the following update:

"We are sad to announce that Christian Liljegren has left NARNIA. Christian was NARNIA's singer for 12 years and he was also one of its founding members. The decision behind the split was a mutual agreement between Christian and the rest of the band. We understand that this comes as a surprise for most of you but we ask you for your understanding, prayers and support. We thank Christian for all the years we had together on the road, in the studio and for our friendship and we wish him the best for the future."

Christian's statemement regarding his departure from the group:

"I am very proud for the 12 years as vocalist/frontman for NARNIA and what God has done and still doing through the band. I felt for a long time that I needed to take a long break and I shared this with my friends and members of NARNIA. This is something I have felt since 2006 and it was a very hard decision to make because NARNIA is very big part of my life and it will always be. The others guys will continue and I will not stop them and I wish them the best of luck to continue the mission to spread the good news about Jesus Christ. I feel good and peaceful inside and it was a right decision to make for me in my life situation. I will continue to do music and run my record label CM Sweden / Rivel Records. I am also working on a new solo album in Swedish where I will do some NARNIA songs with Swedish lyrics. Concerts are planned but all is delayed because right now I need time to rest. You will hear my voice on some albums this year. The final studio album with DIVINEFIRE called 'Farewell' will be out June 20th and I am one of the vocalists on the second album release with the band 7 DAYS. I am forever thankful for all the memories I have had with CJ, Andreas and Andreas and all fantastic support and prayers from NARNIA fans all over the world. Please continue to support the band. I will also thank my manager and friend Rainer Mittelstädt at MCM Music for the great work for NARNIA and also Niclas and Frippe DOT Music in Sweden and, of course, all record labels who has released the NARNIA albums. I am very blessed to sing for my King and Saviour, Jesus Christ and I am looking forward for the future what God has planned for me.'
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 7:49 pm

Wow, sucks that christian is leaving, I think that his voice fit well, it was just the fact that their lyrics were never really thought out, thats probably why they never caught on like they should have.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 8:26 pm

I am sort of on the fence on christian leaving. I liked his faster songs but the slower ones (outside of those on The Great Fall) bore me to tears.. I am hoping for a vocalist who can do both styles or narnia to just shred from start to finish...

Alex

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 9:01 pm

Try as I might I couldnt get into Narnia or Divinefire.It was missing that little extra to push it over the top for me.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 9:07 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Try as I might I couldnt get into Narnia or Divinefire.It was missing that little extra to push it over the top for me.

No problem getting into Narnia for me, Divinefire on the other hand required a couple spins. I dont know...orchestrated-symphony stuff just dosnt grab me as much.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 9:24 pm

"
No problem getting into Narnia for me,
Divinefire on the other hand required a couple spins. I dont
know...orchestrated-symphony stuff just dosnt grab me as much."

The same with me. I prefer listen NARNIA than divine fore. I hope to hear more from the band in the future
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 10:40 pm

I had one Narnia CD for a while (DESERT LAND). Some of it was pretty good (a few songs could've passed for scrapped Dio demos from the SACRED HEART era) and some of it was pretty "meh." I never felt particularly compelled to investigate any of their other works after that.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 10:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I had one Narnia CD for a while (DESERT LAND). Some of it was pretty good (a few songs could've passed for scrapped Dio demos from the SACRED HEART era) and some of it was pretty "meh." I never felt particularly compelled to investigate any of their other works after that.
LOSER!! insane
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 11:01 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
LOSER!! insane

Off your meds again I see, T-Roy?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 11:02 pm

Quote :
I am sort of on the fence on christian leaving.
I liked his faster songs but the slower ones (outside of those on The
Great Fall) bore me to tears.. I am hoping for a vocalist who can do
both styles or narnia to just shred from start to finish...

This describes me exactly. I say they get Rob Rock!!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 12:42 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
I am sort of on the fence on christian leaving.
I liked his faster songs but the slower ones (outside of those on The
Great Fall) bore me to tears.. I am hoping for a vocalist who can do
both styles or narnia to just shred from start to finish...

This describes me exactly. I say they get Rob Rock!!

Or maybe Lance King. Razz
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 8:09 am

"Ripper" Owens!!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 8:19 am

Actually, I prefer the slower songs, always prfered the mid-tempo Dioesque tunes to the double bass blasting!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 11:56 am

That sucks, Christian was the "voice" for Narnia and it just won't be the same. After his vocals improved greatly on the last album I was anxious to hear him on the next one but that won't happen. Hopefully they will find a good replacement but I just don't see it being Rob Rock or Lance King (moreso Lance because of his very busy schedule). It may not even be an established star, perhaps a new unknown will be introduced to the metal world through this.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 12:11 pm

Christian leaving is the best Narnia news ever. Never got really into them because of his vocals. The music rules!! Get someone with a rougher voice. Definitely not Lance King, not a huge fan of him either.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 12:51 pm

1. I have the double best-of CD, and a write up of it on my webiste. very happy

2. I like NARNIA, and have all of their albums. 🤘

3. I like Divinefire and have all of their albums, and when the new one is out, Swosh into the vault it goes. 🤘

4. Christian have not had the sir-name of Liljegren for years. He is now Christian Rivel, after he got married. Evil or Very Mad

5. While I like Christian, I've always thought that Narnia could benefit having a "stronger" voice at the helm. Maybe this is just what they need. Twisted Evil

Happy

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 12:55 pm

kmorg wrote:
Swosh into the vault it goes. 🤘

Don't you mean PLOP! on the pile it goes!? This doesn't look like a "Vault" to me. Smile

Attention American Narnia Fans Unlistedcds
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 12:56 pm

spectrefate wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Swosh into the vault it goes. 🤘

Don't you mean PLOP! on the pile it goes!? This doesn't look like a "Vault" to me. Smile

Attention American Narnia Fans Unlistedcds

I've since upgraded to a huge cardboard box Attention American Narnia Fans 927150

PostSubject: Re: Attention American Narnia Fans   Attention American Narnia Fans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attention American Narnia Fans
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: