Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death by Metal

Go down 
+2
Wrecked Neck
martinsane
6 posters
AuthorMessage
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

Death by Metal Empty
PostSubject: Death by Metal   Death by Metal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 10:11 pm

Was only a passing "fan" of the band and didn't know great gobs about them, but the documentary was enlightening and worthy of a watching.

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Death by Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death by Metal   Death by Metal Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 1:24 am

I plan on buying it after we get moved. I would just watch the YouTube video, but would rather support the band and buy it. Really tempting though, cause I've wanted it since a first heard about it a few months ago.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Death by Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death by Metal   Death by Metal Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 10:50 am

Certainly supporting the remaining members (if they are privy) and Chuck's estate are a great practice and a purchase would nab some what sounds like some nifty little bonuses (live footage, etc...) I'd be curious about whom receives what with regards to royalties, but I meant no harm in the sharing of the YouTube link. The doc is good and certainly a worthwhile watch and purchase imho.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Death by Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death by Metal   Death by Metal Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 12:59 pm

Didn't say what I said to make you feel guilty, would rather own it than watch it. No clue where the money goes either really. Pretty sure Chucks brother runs Deaths Facebook page. Someone posts a ton of personal pictures and information on that page, I assume it's a family member. I would hope the most eye gets split between the band, but knowing what we all know about the music industry, they don't always do the right thing.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Death by Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death by Metal   Death by Metal Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 3:54 pm

No worries and thanks.

From watching this however I think the revolving door of musicians may keep them out of the royalty check pool, but that is just an observation on the tale not any fact (I'm aware of).
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Death by Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death by Metal   Death by Metal Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 4:13 pm

martinsane wrote:
From watching this however I think the revolving door of musicians may keep them out of the royalty check pool, but that is just an observation on the tale not any fact (I'm aware of).

Wouldn't doubt it. I just read a post from whoever does the Facebook page for Death and it seems he's having medical problems with diabetes. Hopefully the money can at least go to him so it helps with medical expenses....unless the guy posting is another version of Sharron Osbourne Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

Death by Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death by Metal   Death by Metal Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 10:44 pm

Excellent doc, even if I never got into them.

Sean Reinert is incredible though.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Death by Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death by Metal   Death by Metal Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 3:19 am

The guy who runs the FB page is Eric Grief, the manager for Death. Chuck's brother passed long ago.

The documentary is good. I bought it about a month ago. It would have been nice to see a few others interviewed though. It is missing Kam Lee, James Murphy, Bill Andrews (though he lives in Japan nowdays), and a few more former members that are still alive. But it is still a good documentary!

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Death by Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death by Metal   Death by Metal Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 12:50 pm

Lurideath wrote:
The guy who runs the FB page is Eric Grief, the manager for Death. Chuck's brother passed long ago.

The documentary is good. I bought it about a month ago. It would have been nice to see a few others interviewed though. It is missing Kam Lee, James Murphy, Bill Andrews (though he lives in Japan nowdays), and a few more former members that are still alive. But it is still a good documentary!

I agree. I was surprised that Kam, Bill and James weren't a part of this.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Death by Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death by Metal   Death by Metal Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 12:52 pm

Great documentary.

My respect for Chuck went way down after watching this. So flaky!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Death by Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death by Metal   Death by Metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death by Metal
Page 1 of 1