Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?

Go down 
+8
Thrasher73
Lari
Boris2008
Witchfinder
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 12:26 pm

Lari wrote:
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Wow.  I guess I am darn near alone with my "200,000" songs that I can play anywhere at any time....  Really?  No one else has ripped their collection to iTunes?  Just weird, man.  I think you guys are playin' me.

I use Google Play Music. Free, and you can stream your music with (probably) any device with internet access. You can also dowload from the cloud, once you've ripped and uploaded your collection.

I just started experimenting with Google Play Music this past week. I had a crap-ton of my albums ripped to MP3 on my aging PC, and I was worried that if the computer ever took a sh** it would take all those tunes down with it, so I started uploading 'em to Google Play Music and free'd up some much needed hard drive space.

It'll take me a while but over time I plan to rip/upload everything that hadn't been done already, so I will have the whole kit n' kaboodle easily accessible.

...of course, the start of this project led my wife to ask "So does this mean you're gonna get rid of your CDs?" to which I responded, "Hell NO, woman!"

...the day I go all digital is the day they carry me off to the funny farm on a stretcher. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 12:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Lari wrote:
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Wow.  I guess I am darn near alone with my "200,000" songs that I can play anywhere at any time....  Really?  No one else has ripped their collection to iTunes?  Just weird, man.  I think you guys are playin' me.

I use Google Play Music. Free, and you can stream your music with (probably) any device with internet access. You can also dowload from the cloud, once you've ripped and uploaded your collection.

I just started experimenting with Google Play Music this past week. I had a crap-ton of my albums ripped to MP3 on my aging PC, and I was worried that if the computer ever took a sh** it would take all those tunes down with it, so I started uploading 'em to Google Play Music and free'd up some much needed hard drive space.

It'll take me a while but over time I plan to rip/upload everything that hadn't been done already, so I will have the whole kit n' kaboodle easily accessible.

...of course, the start of this project led my wife to ask "So does this mean you're gonna get rid of your CDs?" to which I responded, "Hell NO, woman!"

...the day I go all digital is the day they carry me off to the funny farm on a stretcher. Very Happy

I might have to look into that option myself. While I'm not getting rid of my collection, I'm really starting to thin it out and I have a ton of mp3's that I'd like to be a little more accessible.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 1:55 pm

Quote :
I might have to look into that option myself. While I'm not getting rid of my collection, I'm really starting to thin it out and I have a ton of mp3's that I'd like to be a little more accessible.

In addition to my need to free up hard drive space, "accessibility" was my other main reason for starting this Google project.

I listen to music a lot thru my cell phone, mostly when I do my daily "power walk" during my break at work, and then at night when I walk my dog ... but of course there's not a lot of space on my cell phone with all the other apps & junk on it, so I could only fit a few albums on there at a time, and I was getting sick of constantly having to swap them out for fresh ones every week or two.

That Google Play Music app has been on my phone since I got it, but I'd never messed with it before this week. Now I'm kinda smacking myself like "Why didn't I do this ages ago?" Haha

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?   The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The very first song you ever DL'd to iTunes?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2