Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released

Go down 
+7
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Olafsto
Lurideath
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dark Horseman
Rami Airola
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released   Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 2:09 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Maybe a good producer could help Ted arrange this songs.  That's the biggest problem to me here:  arrangements.  No one can afford producers like that any more though, which is one reason 80s albums were usually better quality than today.

I write pretty much everything myself but I try not to take the listener for granted and engage in audience abuse.

Did your old lead guitarist contribute some of the music in the past?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released   Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 3:33 am

I know what Ted needs. He needs Gary and Guy back.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released   Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 8:39 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
I know what Ted needs. He needs Gary and Guy back.

Yeah, that would be the best option! But unfortunately Ted holds grudges... (Vinnie Paul style)
I’m not sure what their falling out was about, but I think enough time has passed and Gary would consider coming back for a reunion. I’m not sure about Guy... he seems to make occasional guest appearances like on the latest Gary Lenaire solo album.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released   Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 9:36 am

Troublezone wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Maybe a good producer could help Ted arrange this songs.  That's the biggest problem to me here:  arrangements.  No one can afford producers like that any more though, which is one reason 80s albums were usually better quality than today.

I write pretty much everything myself but I try not to take the listener for granted and engage in audience abuse.

He wrote a few songs on his own and I wrote my songs on my own. Some of his songs were amazing, some I wasn't fond of. I wrote maybe 90/95% of the songs for the band.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released   Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 9:44 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

He wrote a few songs on his own and I wrote my songs on my own.  Some of his songs were amazing, some I wasn't fond of.  I wrote maybe 90/95% of the songs for the band.

So how much longer until “A Show of Force” is released?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released   Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 1:32 pm

Here's a question for the hardcore Tourny fans: is Ted a prick? I only ask because his Facebook posts, when I was on there at least, were always dripping with militant animal rights activism and claims of vegan superiority. See, it's not the agendas that bother me, whatever, I'm not political and I don't have time to think about that shit. But it's his general attitude, extremely condescending with a violent smattering of superiority. I don't believe in judging anyone based on their social media activity, but I'm genuinely curious if his online rhetoric transfers over to his in-the-flesh personality.

Because if that's what he's like in real life about any issue, not just animal rights, I'd probably find it hard to work with him, and perhaps that's what's kept Guy and Gary away (Luke is a weirdly different story from what I understand).
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released   Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 2:49 pm

Troublezone wrote:
So how much longer until  “A Show of Force” is released?

I really wish I knew. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released   Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 11:50 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Here's a question for the hardcore Tourny fans: is Ted a prick? I only ask because his Facebook posts, when I was on there at least, were always dripping with militant animal rights activism and claims of vegan superiority. See, it's not the agendas that bother me, whatever, I'm not political and I don't have time to think about that shit. But it's his general attitude, extremely condescending with a violent smattering of superiority. I don't believe in judging anyone based on their social media activity, but I'm genuinely curious if his online rhetoric transfers over to his in-the-flesh personality.

Because if that's what he's like in real life about any issue, not just animal rights, I'd probably find it hard to work with him, and perhaps that's what's kept Guy and Gary away (Luke is a weirdly different story from what I understand).

I have no idea what he’s like in his personal life, but he has always struck me as a somewhat easy going guy (in the early days) that had a huge interest in animals. I spoke to him very briefly years ago when Tourniquet performed an acoustic show at a Christian music store, but there is no way to judge anything from that...
So unless a former member of Tourniquet writes a tell all bio, no one will ever know.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released   Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2019 8:42 pm

I'll think about this one (there is a LOT of stuff this year I want/need to get). The last album I loved was Microscopic View. When Moth And Rust was good, but not one I visit much. Never got the last one (or two, as I hear that one was not exactly a Tourniquet album) due to the overt animal rights preaching (I know it's always been there but I hear Ted went all out with it).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released   Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet - Gazing at Medusa released
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3