Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover...

Go down 
+11
brontotex
Temple of Blood
TheGooch
kmorg
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
SideShowDisaSter
AchrisK
Smindas
ultmetal
Metal Misfit
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover...   3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 10:21 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I wanted to get into these guys, but the vocals are too grating for me. Maybe the new one will change my opinion. The new song I heard on their myspace page isn't exactly helping however. I wish 'em the best though, at least their staying metal.

That was my opinion too. That and all the songs sounded exactly the same to me. I liked the first single off that album, but the rest was downhill or too samey sounding for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover...   3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 4:52 pm

ultmetal wrote:
So who has this and what do you think? How does it compare to their last CD?
I have the promo. It's awesome! I think it's better than the last CD, in that the vocals are easier to handle. They're not so caustic, which makes the album more of a "go to" album, whereas on the last two you—at least I did—had to be in the mood for it.

I wouldn't buy the album, though; not until Roadrunner re-releases it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover...   3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 9:04 am

I finally snagged a copy of this CD and I think it's fantastic! Time will tell if I think it's better than their last CD or not, but so far I am digging it.

Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover...   3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 3:04 pm

It is on my wish list. I haven't any CD of them so far, but every I've heard some song and liked them all.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover...   3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 8:16 pm

The band reminds me of a heavier and more modern Cirth Ungol, I loved their debut and Fire Up The Horns!!-TJ
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover...   3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 8:03 am

This is a GREAT album!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover...   3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 8:19 am

If I didn't like the first album, is there a chance that I'll like this one? That metalcore-ish vocalist ruined the last album for me. Are the songs a little more varied or do they all sound like the same song this time around too?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover...   3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 8:22 am

Rexorcist wrote:
If I didn't like the first album, is there a chance that I'll like this one? That metalcore-ish vocalist ruined the last album for me. Are the songs a little more varied or do they all sound like the same song this time around too?

If you didn't like the last album, you won't like this one either IMO. Here is an excerpt from my upcoming review:
Quote :
.... The most noticeable change isn't even in the music, but rather with the vocalists. This album seems a lot more heavily weighted on Jamie Hooper's harsh vocals than Cam's falsetto howls, as in the previous albums. I also felt that this album is a bit heavier, more monotonous and the overall musicianship seems a bit more polished in both technique and production...

ult
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover...   3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 8:41 am

Ugh, that sounds terrible...more metalcore-ish vocals and more monotonous? I'm surprised you and brono like it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover...   3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 8:55 am

I guess I don't hear the vocals as 'metalcore-ish'. I think it's the combination of vocal styles and the tendency to mix in old school metal and newer ideas that I enjoy. Certainly they are not my favorite band, but I do enjoy them.

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover...   3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 6:12 pm

I don't hear the vocals as metalcore-ish either. I think the vocals are much easier to take on this album than the last (which is their second album, by the way, not their debut).
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover...   3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 7:08 pm

It's not monotonous. I think they change it up quite well on this one as opposed to the last album. The vocals don't sound metal core to me either.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover...   3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 2:01 pm

Jamie Hooper(the screamy vocalist)will not be with the band for this summers ozzfest dates. He is having a medical procedure done that will keep him off this summer. But he IS NOT leaving the band. His vocal duties will be taken by other band members-TJ
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover...   3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 12:25 pm

I will be playing some 3 inches of blood tomorrow in my car. Man it has been years. Still need to pick up here waits thy doom. I will probably order it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover...   3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3 Inches of Blood's 'Fire Up the Blades' cover...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2