Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I think this will be me in 30-35 years time

Go down 
+5
MetalGuy71
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
Boris2008
Required Fields
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

I think this will be me in 30-35 years time Empty
PostSubject: I think this will be me in 30-35 years time   I think this will be me in 30-35 years time Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 8:25 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/elderly-men-escape-nursing-home-to-attend-worlds-biggest-heavy-metal-festival/
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: I think this will be me in 30-35 years time   I think this will be me in 30-35 years time Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 9:12 pm

On a depressingly serious note it's an incredible indictment of how we treat older people that they had to 'escape' to have some f*cking fun!! lame
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: I think this will be me in 30-35 years time   I think this will be me in 30-35 years time Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 9:16 pm

Yeah that was my reaction too.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: I think this will be me in 30-35 years time   I think this will be me in 30-35 years time Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 9:17 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
On a depressingly serious note it's an incredible indictment of how we treat older people that they had to 'escape' to have some f*cking fun!! lame
They could be suffering from dementia or something, so there might be good reason they had to escape. And besides, you know how media likes to make things seem more serious than it was. They probably just walked out and didn't tell anyone where they were going.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I think this will be me in 30-35 years time   I think this will be me in 30-35 years time Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 7:19 am

They only went to tell 75,000 people to get off their lawn.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: I think this will be me in 30-35 years time   I think this will be me in 30-35 years time Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 12:55 pm

Poor guys. They just wanted to have some fun. I hope i die before i get to reach this phase and receive such treatment.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: I think this will be me in 30-35 years time   I think this will be me in 30-35 years time Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 12:59 pm

Was Saxon on the bill? Maybe they went to high school with Biff and just wanted to say hi.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: I think this will be me in 30-35 years time   I think this will be me in 30-35 years time Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 5:52 pm

So I went looking for the 2018 bill and came up empty but I did find the bill (so far) for 2019.  Hell, those guys need to break out again next year!

https://www.wacken.com/en/bands/bands-billing/

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: I think this will be me in 30-35 years time   I think this will be me in 30-35 years time Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 6:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Was Saxon on the bill? Maybe they went to high school with Biff and just wanted to say hi.

That's f'd up man. hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: I think this will be me in 30-35 years time   I think this will be me in 30-35 years time Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 7:59 pm

They wanted to see these guys: Alien Weaponry, Amaranthe, Amorphis, Arch Enemy, Attic, AWS, Bannkreis, Behemoth, Belphegor, Children of Bodom, Deserted Fear, Diablo BLVD, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Dimmu Borgir, Dirkschneider, Dokken, Doro, Evil Invaders, Enslaved, Epica, Firewind, In Extremo, In Flames, Judas Priest, Knorkator, Korpiklaani, Long Distance Calling, Lovebites, Madball, Mantar, Mr. Big, Nails, Night Demon, Nightwish, Nocturnal Rites, Oomph!, Riot V, Running Wild, Samael, Sarke, Sepultura, Spoil Engine, The Charm The Fury, Unzucht, Vallenfyre, Vince Neil, W.A.R., Walking Dead on Broadway, Watain.

Maybe they sold Vince Neil blow back in '89.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I think this will be me in 30-35 years time   I think this will be me in 30-35 years time Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 9:38 pm

Looks like the story isn't exactly true...

Quote :
According to the Associated Press, the story that was originally reported by the Deutsche Welle about two elderly German men who supposedly escaped from their nursing home on Friday (August 3) to attend the Wacken Open Air festival has turned out to be less than entirely true.

Itzehoe police spokesman Peter Berndt clarified on Tuesday (August 7) that the two men, who were actually 58 and 59, left a home for people with mental health issues to party in the town of Wacken, near the world's biggest heavy metal festival. The men were found "disoriented and dazed" by festival goers at a main street stop waiting for a bus home at 3 a.m. after the buses had stopped running.

After first being brought to a first-aid station, the two men were put in a taxi and transported back to the care home about 20 miles away.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: I think this will be me in 30-35 years time   I think this will be me in 30-35 years time Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 10:01 pm

Good, that sounds more normal. 

Especially since both of those guys are pretty much my age. 

I'm not "elderly" dammit!!!!  angry

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: I think this will be me in 30-35 years time   I think this will be me in 30-35 years time Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 2:15 am

tohostudios wrote:
Good, that sounds more normal. 

Especially since both of those guys are pretty much my age. 

I'm not "elderly" dammit!!!!  angry

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think this will be me in 30-35 years time   I think this will be me in 30-35 years time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think this will be me in 30-35 years time
Page 1 of 1