Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discovering new music and aging

Go down 
+19
Hadley
Citanul
the sentinel
Witchfinder
Thrasher73
A Handful of Wayne
bgsully
Troublezone
glassprison
Eyesore
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Lari
scottmitchell74
Wrecked Neck
Shawn Of Fire
Required Fields
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Discovering new music and aging - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovering new music and aging   Discovering new music and aging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2018 2:47 pm

As I am getting older I am actually seeking out new stuff at a much more rapid clip. The growth of music available out there is too much to keep up with but I am excited to hear new stuff as well as keep up with bands I already know.

So much music, so little time Smile

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Discovering new music and aging   Discovering new music and aging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2018 4:49 pm

My dream for when I get older is to be able to properly listen to all the music I have acquired so far.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Discovering new music and aging   Discovering new music and aging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2018 5:23 pm

I rarely seek out new music, usually what few bands I discovered, is thru Classic Rock Magazine free sampler, Youtube, etc.

The bands I do discover, are usually older bands I was not aware of, when I was a kid, in some ways working my way backwards thru the history of rock music/heavy metal etc
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Discovering new music and aging   Discovering new music and aging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2018 6:29 pm

In the age of YouTube and Spotify, seeking out new music is hardly a skill or an effort.

I still get a kick out of something amazing that I've never heard before and frankly even with my favourite bands, the guys who have been around decades rarely provide that.

I do also love to go back and discover stuff that I completely missed (the early 70s and the whole of the 90s are a goldmine!)

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Discovering new music and aging   Discovering new music and aging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2018 10:30 pm

I am really happy that we have the wide proliferation of media for music these days as it lets us explore new stuff or old stuff we missed from years ago. I have bought dozens of albums based on info from NLTM and our forum here. When someone in the '80's mentioned a band, if they didn't share the music with you, it was a blind buy. Nowadays, if I see a title of an album or band name I recognize but am unsure of, I can easily pull out my phone and find out if I like it or not. When I ran across Bullet's first album, I recognized the producers name and felt it was worth a check and bam, album bought and enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Discovering new music and aging   Discovering new music and aging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2018 10:33 pm

exact33 wrote:
As I am getting older I am actually seeking out new stuff at a much more rapid clip. The growth of music available out there is too much to keep up with but I am excited to hear new stuff as well as keep up with bands I already know.

So much music, so little time Smile

Preach it, Ales! Preach it! Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Discovering new music and aging   Discovering new music and aging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2018 10:37 pm

I enjoy the immediacy of being able to check out a band I've never heard before online but I still miss the days of walking into a brick and mortar record store and heading straight for the "listening posts" where the employees would have CDs by their favorite band or flavor of the month band for you to listen to.  I found a TON of bands I'd have never heard of any other way by doing that and I haven't found anything quite the same on the Internet.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Discovering new music and aging   Discovering new music and aging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2018 8:35 am

Man i love discovering new bands. Whether new or old, there is always an excitement about listening to a band for the first time.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Discovering new music and aging   Discovering new music and aging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2018 11:08 am

manny wrote:
I rarely seek out new music, usually what few bands I discovered, is thru Classic Rock Magazine free sampler, Youtube, etc.

The bands I do discover, are usually older bands I was not aware of, when I was a kid, in some ways working my way backwards thru the history of rock music/heavy metal etc

Discovering new music and aging - Page 2 604261

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Discovering new music and aging   Discovering new music and aging - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2018 7:00 pm

I also make sure to check out everything exact posts in the Collector's Corner.

And as usual, today Alex cost me more money as I just downloaded the latest album by Church Of The Cosmic Skull.

PostSubject: Re: Discovering new music and aging   Discovering new music and aging - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discovering new music and aging
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2