Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal

Go down 
+14
Required Fields
HeavyThrashhead
manny
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
brokentulsa
Troublezone
nevermore
glassprison
the sentinel
tohostudios
mikeinfla
MetalGuy71
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 1:08 pm

I actually have only heard one or two songs from it so far. I was browsing Liquid Metal's playlists (and sometimes I get to see what's on, but I take phone calls there, so I don't get to listen to Liquid Metal very much), and it's on there a lot. I'll have to give it more of a listen. But Liquid Metal seems to absolutely love it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 9:45 pm

Nice. Thanks for the info, brother.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 10:00 pm

I just got a copy today. It's a very good album! The best thing Dee has done since Widowmaker.

And it kicks the snot out of any solo album from Sebastian Bach!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 8:33 am

I listened to it last night and was pleasantly surprised! I was expecting a lot of downtuned, overly processed-sounding guitar work, and I guess it does have that, but all of the songs are really catchy. The duet with the Arch Enemy singer works very well too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 12:10 pm

I'm kinda digging what I've heard. I may just pick this one up after all.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 12:41 pm

Just ordered it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 10:35 am

This album's actually pretty decent. Dee's made some pretty big missteps on his last few projects, but this album is definitely a step in the right direction for long-time fans.

It's not perfect and maybe it's not going to be a classic or mind-blowing, but if you're looking to hear Dee straight-up rocking again, you should be able to find something to dig about this one.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 10:37 pm

It is quite catchy and heavy, albeit in a more modern metal vein. I like it!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 8:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I love & respect Dee as much as the next SMF, but Widowmaker's Blood & Bullets and his Never Let the Bastards Wear You Down solo album are about all I need from him post-TS.

OK, so I finally got around to checking out some of the tracks from Dee''s new album on YouTube, and dang, I am officially eating the words I posted above, cuz this is some good stuff. It's officially on my shopping list now. Woo!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 4:12 pm

This album's probably gonna make my Top 10 for 2018. It's very catchy.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 8:30 am

My exceptions were low, so I was pleasantly surprised how good it is
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 10:27 pm

I tried giving this album a few chances and it just doesn't strike me. Its another waste of time to me. He should reform Widowmaker and kick some ass again!!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 12:12 pm

I'm with Lurideath, this isn't terrible but nothing i'll come back to much.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:29 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I'm with Lurideath, this isn't terrible but nothing i'll come back to much.

Dee has set the bar so low over the last few years with his projects, anything that even slightly rocks is considered a win! Razz

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 4:50 pm

True. I'm always hoping for that Desperado sound.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 9:23 am

I was reminded that I still need to get this release when I read this earlier:

http://sleazeroxx.com/dee-sniders-sick-mutha-f-kers-live-in-the-usa-live-album-to-be-re-released-on-october-5th/

Is this the same show from where the "Extended Versions" disc is culled from? I have a feeling it is.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 12:24 am

Just got this album (yeah, I'm late to the party somewhat) and it's very good, probably the best Dee Snider related thing since Stay Hungry. I was surprised how heavy this was, verging on thrash at times.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2019 11:44 am

Verging on thrash???? WHAAATTTT???? Nothing even remotely close to thrash. More closer to trash as in garbage!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2019 1:21 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I was reminded that I still need to get this release when I read this earlier:

http://sleazeroxx.com/dee-sniders-sick-mutha-f-kers-live-in-the-usa-live-album-to-be-re-released-on-october-5th/

Is this the same show from where the "Extended Versions" disc is culled from? I have a feeling it is.

Yup, same gig.

Fun fact: Dee's backing band in the "SMF" cover band included current Overkill guitarist Derek Tailer, and the late Keith Alexander (ex-Carnivore).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 10:17 am

Happy 64th birthday Dee

Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 DeeSnider_8751-779x1170

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 6:29 pm

Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 B72f8ab7c748703ce05bba311f6cf66c
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 10:36 pm

And thanks for reminding me I'm old.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2