Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal

Go down 
+14
Required Fields
HeavyThrashhead
manny
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
brokentulsa
Troublezone
nevermore
glassprison
the sentinel
tohostudios
mikeinfla
MetalGuy71
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Empty
PostSubject: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 4:13 pm

I guess after facing fan backlash from that last turd of a solo album, Dee's coming back with a full-on METAL album. No sound clips yet, but here's the cover and track list...
Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Deesniderfortheloveofmetalcd

"For The Love Of Metal" track listing:

01. Lies Are A Business
02. Tomorrow's No Concern
03. I am The Hurricane
04. American Made
05. Roll Over You
06. I'm Ready
07. Running Mazes
08. Mask
09. Become The Storm
10. The Hardest Way
11. Dead Hearts (Love Thy Enemy)
12. For The Love of Metal

And here's 6+ minutes of Dee talking about how metal he is, yet surprisingly, not even a single note of new music. C'mon man!! Make your fans sit through 6 minutes of that and not even a little taste?

I'm not getting too excited about this one till I hear some music. His last solo offering was Dee's attempt to remain relevant to the modern rock crowd. By all accounts, it was not good. This time, it would seem as though he's catering to the modern metal scene with some of the folks (HateBreed, Arch Enemy, Lamb of God) contributing to this one.

But hey, at least the guy is trying. There's something to said for that I guess.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 6:50 pm

I liked that free tune he had a year or two ago I think it was called "To Hell & Back". Looking forward to hearing samples of this.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 7:36 pm

Quote :
His last solo offering was Dee's attempt to remain relevant

Dee Snider has never been relevant in my world.  The best thing I can say about Twisted Sister was that their videos contained cameos by the mutant villain from "The Hills Have Eyes".  I've just never "gotten" him or his band which is weird given my tastes in music.  But he's just never clicked for me.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 7:38 pm

I caught some of House of Hair this past Saturday night and he mentioned something about this. The last album sucked ass and the Dee does Broadway thing was obviously a waste of time too. so I am really hoping this one is legit. It's not like there is going to be any new TS music anytime in the next forever, so hopes are high.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 8:12 pm

Quote :
I liked that free tune he had a year or two ago I think it was called "To Hell & Back".

That one was ok, but the album We Are the Ones was absolutely dreadful. I gave it a shot and was open to the style. It's the songwriting that made it unlistenable.

Try to make it through this song:

That was the encore during the tour for the album! He only played four TS songs on that tour and the rest of the set was a combination of the solo album and covers of Lit and Nine Inch Nails songs. I can't imagine he won over many fans along the way.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 9:48 pm

I can't quite pinpoint why but Dee post Twisted Sister annoys me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 7:45 am

I'd check it out at some point.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 9:55 am

nevermore wrote:

He's trying too hard in my opinion. He doesn't want to be labeled as "the Twisted Sister guy", but unfortunately to the general public and his fans, that's who he'll always be, no matter what he does.

The Broadway musical album? Who was that for exactly? Andrew Lloyd Webber fans that want to rock-out? Then that modern rock album. No one wants Dee to sound like Imagine Dragons. Not Imagine Dragon fans or Dee Snider fans.

This new one is a step in the right direction, but I gotta say, if it's a bunch of hardcore screaming or beauty/beast vocals, forget it. I'm out.

If he'd just release a decent 80's-ish rock album in the vein of TS or even Widowmaker, everyone would be happy. Stop trying to be something you're not Dee.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 12:42 pm

So here's the first single...'Tomorrow's No Concern'

Not bad. I certainly don't hate it.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 4:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So here's the first single...'Tomorrow's No Concern'

Not bad. I certainly don't hate it.

The music is good, but the lyrics and vocals seem a bit forced and awkward... I'm hoping other songs will be better. You can tell Jasta from Hatebreed wrote it, and possibly inspired by "Yesterday Dont Mean Shit" by Pantera.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 5:04 pm

I remember back in the 90s when all the unplugged albums came out by metal bands and guys like the scorpions were moving in not so metal directions and Dee smugly said "There is nothing metal about what these bands are doing...orchestra's and unplugged isn't what metal bands should be doing"...since then he has put out some not so metal albums, been on a country western songwriters show & done Broadway and all I can think is gee dee, there is nothing metal about those things Razz  ....I hope the new album rocks heavy..
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 5:19 pm

I love & respect Dee as much as the next SMF, but Widowmaker's Blood & Bullets and his Never Let the Bastards Wear You Down solo album are about all I need from him post-TS.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 8:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I love & respect Dee as much as the next SMF, but Widowmaker's Blood & Bullets and his Never Let the Bastards Wear You Down solo album are about all I need from him post-TS.

Excellent point, sir. Two kick ass albums.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 8:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
nevermore wrote:

He's trying too hard in my opinion. He doesn't want to be labeled as "the Twisted Sister guy", but unfortunately to the general public and his fans, that's who he'll always be, no matter what he does.

The Broadway musical album? Who was that for exactly? Andrew Lloyd Webber fans that want to rock-out? Then that modern rock album. No one wants Dee to sound like Imagine Dragons. Not Imagine Dragon fans or Dee Snider fans.

This new one is a step in the right direction, but I gotta say, if it's a bunch of hardcore screaming or beauty/beast vocals, forget it. I'm out.

If he'd just release a decent 80's-ish rock album in the vein of TS or even Widowmaker, everyone would be happy. Stop trying to be something you're not Dee.

Agreed. If he really does want to distance himself from being stereotyped- stop hosting a show called House of Hair and focusing on the '80's. I really wish older artists would realize that there are no new fans out there, only the fan base that has been there since the beginning. And if that fan base has kids who get into those bands/ artists, they are going to want them to sound like they did 25-30 years ago. I feel as though there is a sort of disconnect b/c an older band/ artist may draw younger crowds at their shows, they delude themselves into thinking that they will buy their albums if the sound is updated or change b/c it's 2000 whatever.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 5:43 am

I might check this one out. Not an instant purchase though...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 9:23 am

Ehh, that tune's not too bad. Not sure if I'd ever get this release though.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 4:44 pm

It's not bad, but I would have preferred to have new Twisted Sister material over a Dee Snider solo album. I know he goes on and on, how Twisted Sister fans only want to hear the old hits, maybe true, but what options do they have when your band does not record any new music? Even if Dee Snider's solo album was the universal answer to long sought after ear orgasm, it will still poorly, especially without the name brand of Twisted Sister stamped on it.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 10:17 pm

eh, not the worst. though, the lyrics seem to give me nothing in return but the riffing to some extent kinda saves it, but even that isn't saying much.

i'll just wait until another song get's released before i make a verdict on if this album will be worth getting.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 8:38 pm

manny wrote:
It's not bad, but I would have preferred to have new Twisted Sister material over a Dee Snider solo album. I know he goes on and on, how Twisted Sister fans only want to hear the old hits, maybe true, but what options do they have when your band does not record any new music?  Even if Dee Snider's solo album was the universal answer to long sought after ear orgasm, it will still poorly, especially without the name brand of Twisted Sister stamped on it.

Valid point, sir. They haven't had "a" new song since 1986 or 87? Right? I have come to my own conclusion that Mr. Snider doesn't want to make new music with Mr. French and the remaining members of TS.He does fine with the HoH gig and the occasional licensing of a TS tune, so it ain't the money pushing him. He may not want to play Metal anymore (instead doing the modern rock sounding stuff) and might not want to argue with the band about style or direction. Just my opine.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 9:33 pm

Twisted Sister were lazy and burned out after Stay Hungry. Mainly because Jay Jay French sucks.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 10:19 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Twisted Sister were lazy and burned out after Stay Hungry. Mainly because Jay Jay French sucks.

Laughing

But they have had three decades to rest up. lol!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 2:19 am

the sentinel wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Laughing

The best they could do is a Christmas album. Laughing
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 5:59 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Laughing

lol!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 10:37 am

SiriusXM's metal station, Liquid Metal, has been playing songs from the new album non-stop as of late.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 1:03 pm

Required Fields wrote:
SiriusXM's metal station, Liquid Metal, has been playing songs from the new album non-stop as of late.

And...are they good? Ya likin' it, RF?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal   Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dee Snider - For the Love of Metal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next