Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria Empty
PostSubject: Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria   Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 6:39 pm

Surprised I didn’t see any topics on this band. Either no one knows about them or no one likes them hahaha! This is probably my new favorite band. They blend metal with ska then throw in some polka. Sound odd? It is but my 22 month old loves it. I got a bunch of people at my job into them and they ask me to play it all the time haha! They’re a real fun band. Not all the vocals are in English. Their newer albums Do some stuff in English, Russian and even Spanish. Enough ranting check out the few songs and let me know what you think.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria   Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 7:33 pm

I love ska, rockabilly and stuff that's really really Russian.

Sold! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria   Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 7:48 pm

That's not bad; like a Russian version of Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria   Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 4:18 pm

Awesome! They have about 5 albums. They get better as the albums progressed. I’m really surprised they haven’t gotten more notice in the states yet, but I’m really sure it will happen eventually....or maybe not who knows, but this song should definitely be on the radio. It would fit right in with the Lumineers type fans I think or at least something similar.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria   Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 10:01 pm

Uhh, I'm not too sure what I think about that right now, have to listen to some more. It's definitely interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria   Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 6:42 am

Ehhh...no thanks. Sounds like cartoon music Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria   Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 10:32 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Uhh, I'm not too sure what I think about that right now, have to listen to some more. It's definitely interesting.

It does take a few listens if it’s something your not used to. My friend at work was like what the hell is that crap, one day. A few days later he was like, why aren’t you listening to that band? So I put it on and he ended up liking it a lot and maybe a little too much cause now he likes it and so do a few other people and they want to hear it all the time lol. They’re just a fun band.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria   Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 10:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

What’s wrong with cartoons?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria   Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 9:10 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

What’s wrong with cartoons?

Nothin' - in fact, if this band was playing in the background of something wacky like "Spongebob" or "Ren and Stimpy", it would totally work.

...but to sit and listen to a whole album of it? Nah. I don't like polka music and I can't stand Ska, it irritates the crap outta me.

Sorry, I'm not tr00 enough for these guys I guess tr00

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria   Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2018 7:31 pm

Hahaha! I get it, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. You’ll just be jealous tho, cause when they become big in the states I’ll be able to say, I knew these guys before they were cool. Haha!

PostSubject: Re: Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria   Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Russkaja- A Russian Ska/Punk/Polka/Metal/Rock band from Austria
Page 1 of 1