Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition

Go down 
+16
Addy
DeathCult
Thrasher73
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
glassprison
manny
the sentinel
mikeinfla
Gilbert
Witchfinder
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 2:13 pm

Blabbermouth sez that though the rest of the songs from the "LIES" EP are included on that new sooper dooper "AFD" deluxe box set thingy, the song "One in a Million" will not be, due to its, shall we say, politically incorrect lyrics:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/controversial-song-apparently-left-off-guns-n-roses-boxed-set/  

...sooooo, does that mean original copies of "Lies" are suddenly going to shoot up in value??

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 10:32 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Right now, there is a listing for the "Super Deluxe" version on Amazon for $178.

This has come down to a slightly more reasonable $138 on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CPDVQYW/?coliid=I3PGZP89HOXUKO&colid=1YY4NLP7T11YP&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 12:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Blabbermouth sez that though the rest of the songs from the "LIES" EP are included on that new sooper dooper "AFD" deluxe box set thingy, the song "One in a Million" will not be, due to its, shall we say, politically incorrect lyrics:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/controversial-song-apparently-left-off-guns-n-roses-boxed-set/  

...sooooo, does that mean original copies of "Lies" are suddenly going to shoot up in value??

Actually, Axl had been discussing removing it from the album for years, along with the unlisted Charles Manson penned song from The Spaghetti Incident? since the early 2000s, around the time he actually stopped being a recluse.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 10:25 am

GnR played a live version of 'Shadow Of Love' in the first time in like, forever...

Kinda rough, but props for breaking-out a 30-year old song for the fans.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 11:21 pm

I read earlier they also did a velvet revolver song.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 1:04 pm

That stupid woman has her hand in front of Slash during the solo!

They are also playing The Wichita Lineman by Glen Campbell.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 1:36 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
They are also playing The Wichita Lineman by Glen Campbell.

They've been slipping that one into the encores for awhile now. I saw them play it live back in October. I think they started right after Glen died.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 4:18 pm

Yawns N my mouth closes

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 4:47 am

Required Fields wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Actually, Axl had been discussing removing it from the album for years, along with the unlisted Charles Manson penned song from The Spaghetti Incident? since the early 2000s, around the time he actually stopped being a recluse.

One in a Million is the best song on Lies, imo
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 4:35 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

One in a Million is the best song on Lies, imo

I agree. Sure it has some offensive lyrics, but Axl wrote it to describe his first impression (or shock) of Hollywood after coming from a small town. He was just being honest. Plus the song just sounds cool musically!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 9:53 pm

So I was in a record store in Conn. earlier tonight and a customer was talking about the super deluxe ed. of Appetite saying they (G'nR) pressed 10,000 of these and are asking $1,000 a piece. I don't know if this is true or not but if it is, do you all think they will sell that many at that price? Maybe internationally; I don't think there is much of a chance of that here in the U.S.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 7:44 am

the sentinel wrote:
So I was in a record store in Conn. earlier tonight and a customer was talking about the super deluxe ed. of Appetite saying they (G'nR) pressed 10,000 of these and are asking $1,000 a piece. I don't know if this is true or not but if it is, do you all think they will sell that many at that price? Maybe internationally; I don't think there is much of a chance of that here in the U.S.

Yep, here it is.... And I think they will sell out of them but that's just me.

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/appetite-for-destruction/products/appetite-for-destruction-locked-n-loaded-box-set

Reminds me of the Gene box.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 9:56 am

mikeinfla wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Yep, here it is.... And I think they will sell out of them but that's just me.

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/appetite-for-destruction/products/appetite-for-destruction-locked-n-loaded-box-set

Reminds me of the Gene box.

Yup its true and pretty stupid. The box is full of so much useless stuff. Maybe if it was a boxset of all their albums and a ton of things like dvds, some rare live shows, posters, etc then I can see $1000, but just for this one album because you threw in some stupid rings and a special box? no. If you got the money to waste cool, but even then its still not worth the price. I love the album but theres just not enough there for the price.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 10:32 am

I don't doubt it will sell out. Even for that price, collector's go nuts for that sort of thing. And hey, they do give you free shipping. What a Face

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 6:19 pm

suckers.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 9:55 pm

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 7:12 am

So I have my 2 cd set. The outer cover is pretty cool. I like the glossy look. It's a fingerprint magnet but that's OK. The slip case is a little hard to slide in and out and there is a huge bend in the sleeve (I have read others mentioning the same thing on the Hoffman forum). I really don't like the fact that the CD slides in and out against cardboard. Disc 1 had scratches on it but it plays fine.

Remastering is pretty good. Honestly I don't hear much of a difference in this and the original. It is not overly loud or compressed like a lot of modern releases.

Disc 2 is a gem as most of those I have never heard before and i haven't heard the Lies tracks since I had it on cassette. Really enjoying the rawness of disc 2. On the studio tracks I can actually understand the lyrics better on these versions than I can on the disc 1 versions.

Think it was down to 15.99 when I ordered from Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 10:08 am

Good quick review, Mike. Sounds like a nice set for the price you paid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2