Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anything happening in the Christian metal world of late?

Go down 
+13
Thrasher73
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Troublezone
Stender
Big Rich
Temple of Blood
Addy
mikeinfla
MetalGuy71
deathisgain
nevermore
Gilbert
glassprison
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Anything happening in the Christian metal world of late?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything happening in the Christian metal world of late?    Anything happening in the Christian metal world of late?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 4:16 pm

glassprison wrote:
Quote :
The re-recorded version of Tourniquet's Stereotaxic Atrocities on the Tourniquet/Kirkpatrick all-star mishmash album Onward to Freedom must be one of the more unnecessary re-recordings out there.

Yikes, that re-recording is dreadful! How on earth did they convince Marty Friedman to be a part of it??

I think Ted is friends with him. Marty has recorded solos for Tourniquet a few times in the past. And I'm sure Ted paid him for his time.
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: Anything happening in the Christian metal world of late?    Anything happening in the Christian metal world of late?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 5:50 pm

Troublezone wrote:
glassprison wrote:
Quote :
The re-recorded version of Tourniquet's Stereotaxic Atrocities on the Tourniquet/Kirkpatrick all-star mishmash album Onward to Freedom must be one of the more unnecessary re-recordings out there.

Yikes, that re-recording is dreadful! How on earth did they convince Marty Friedman to be a part of it??

I think Ted is friends with him. Marty has recorded solos for Tourniquet a few times in the past. And I'm sure Ted paid him for his time.

Yeah, Marty played on The Hand Trembler already in 1996 and later he played most of the solos on Where Moth and Rust Destroy (2003)
He also said in some 2004 interview that Ted Kirkpatrick is a good friend of his. The quote is still readable in Marty's official website. I think he's friends with at least Gary Lenaire too - or at least in a video where Gary interviews Marty it seems to be so.

Obviously money is part of the deal too. But yeah they are friends, and it's not just Ted wanting to do some name-dropping Very Happy Not sure if they were already friends before playing on The Hand Trembler though and if that was when they became friends.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anything happening in the Christian metal world of late?    Anything happening in the Christian metal world of late?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 8:04 pm

Rami Airola wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
glassprison wrote:
Quote :

Yeah, Marty played on The Hand Trembler already in 1996 and later he played most of the solos on Where Moth and Rust Destroy (2003)
He also said in some 2004 interview that Ted Kirkpatrick is a good friend of his. The quote is still readable in Marty's official website. I think he's friends with at least Gary Lenaire too - or at least in a video where Gary interviews Marty it seems to be so.

Obviously money is part of the deal too. But yeah they are friends, and it's not just Ted wanting to do some name-dropping Very Happy Not sure if they were already friends before playing on The Hand Trembler though and if that was when they became friends.

They are both musically adventurous, so I'm not surprised they're friends. They both are into the avant-garde kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anything happening in the Christian metal world of late?    Anything happening in the Christian metal world of late?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 8:07 pm

I think that Ted and Marty should start a new band together. Or a band with Bruce Franklin! Especially since Ted has been getting back to his Trouble roots with the stoner/fuzz rock stuff the last several years. Lord knows how Bruce has a lot of time on his hands between Trouble albums... and I don't think we're gonna get another Supershine record.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Anything happening in the Christian metal world of late?    Anything happening in the Christian metal world of late?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 7:03 am

Addy wrote:
I know Saviour Machine is working on a new release  I think 3:2 finally?

No, it will just be a new lp, sort of a follow up to SM II.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Anything happening in the Christian metal world of late?    Anything happening in the Christian metal world of late?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 7:43 am

I believe i distinctly remember reading something on Eric's & Or SM's Facebook page about 3:2 I could be wrong but i remember feeling surprised this was happening. -shrugs- ill see if i can find it and post it here if I do

On another note the Clayton brothers did a nice David Bowie Tribute last year I believe (still need to get that)
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anything happening in the Christian metal world of late?    Anything happening in the Christian metal world of late?  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anything happening in the Christian metal world of late?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2