Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone seen any tribute bands?

Go down 
+7
Lurideath
kmorg
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Zdan
Fat Freddy
manny
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Anyone seen any tribute bands? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:45 am

On my Doors thread, Freddy informed me of a band called The Soft Parade who do a tribute to The Doors, also in next couple of weekends in Largo (which is about 45 minues away) they have two other tribute acts playing:

Zoso; A tribute to Led Zeppelin on August 6

The KISS Army: A tribute to KISS July 30

Tickets are 3 dollars a pop, as anyone ever seen a tribute band, we may try to hit the other two tribute bands and wondering if they are worth the money and what your experiences were like etc.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:52 am

New Jersey in the early/mid 90s was the Land of the Tribute Band. Seriously, we had tributes to just about anybody you could think of coming thru the area. KISS, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, the Doors, and on and on. My friend Ralph and I used to hang out a lot at this rock bar called "Rock The House" in Wallington, NJ, which occasionally booked original/national acts but 90 percent of the time they booked tributes. We joked that they should've just named the place "Tribute Bands R Us." Anyone seen any tribute bands? 201269

So anyway, yeah, I saw a sh*t load of 'em and most of 'em were fun shows and a cheap night out. My faves:

AC/DC tribute band called "Back in Black" that I saw pretty often, they were excellent. The singer could pull off both Bon Scott and Brian Johnson style vox, and the guy portraying "Angus" was just as manic (and just as short) as the real thing.

I saw a lot of two KISS tribute bands that were making the rounds back then as well - Strutter and Hotter than Hell. HtH was actually formed by two former Strutter members (their "Ace" and "Peter") who got into a fight with Strutter's "Gene" over money (art imitating life? Haha) so they broke away and formed their own band. Hotter than Hell were a lot better than Strutter. Both bands had the look and the stage moves down pat but HtH's "Paul" sounded more like the real thing.

Another good one was "Sabbra Cadabra," a Black Sabbath tribute band - their "Ozzy" sounded so much like the real deal that it was positively eerie!!

And oh yes, one time I saw a damn good Judas Priest tribute band from Cleveland, Ohio called "British Steel," their singer's name was Tim something or other. I wonder whatever happened to that guy? Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_wink

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:57 am

That Tim guy sounds intriguing. Wonder if he sang in any other band? Or maybe was kicked out of said band? Makes one wonder? Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:01 am

Many years ago, I saw a Black Sabbath tribute band, Sabbra Cadabra. They all looked the part of 1974-era Black Sabbath and stuck to only the Ozzy-era. Played the hits of course as well as more obscure tracks. Very well done from what I can remember. Looks like they are still around I guess...

http://www.sabbracadabra.net/home.html

EDIT:
Quote :
Another good one was "Sabbra Cadabra," a Black Sabbath tribute band - their "Ozzy" sounded so much like the real deal that it was positively eerie!!

There you go, thumbs up from both Fat Freddy and myself. How can you go wrong?

There is a local Stones tribute band called Hot Rocks that I've heard is very good, but never saw them myself.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:04 am

I can't believe how many tribute acts exists on the national circuit, the band FF told me about The Soft Parade have been together 3 times as longer then the real band!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:12 am

Anyone seen any tribute bands? JP_bandpik_logo2

I recently read about this Priest tribute band on the Net and thought they'd probably be a hoot to watch...damn, the one sitting on the motorcycle has gotta nice set of... wheels. Yeah, that's it. Wheels. That'll do.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:19 am

Don't forget the Iron Maidens...

Anyone seen any tribute bands? Maidens05biopage6qi9kd

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:20 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Don't forget the Iron Maidens...

Anyone seen any tribute bands? Maidens05biopage6qi9kd

Meee-YOW! The dark haired one all the way to the left is ssssssssMOKIN'!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:24 am

The Iron Maidens do a decent job on 'Run To The Hills' on this album...

Anyone seen any tribute bands? Girlsgotrhythmalbum

It's various all-girl tribute bands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girls_Got_Rhythm!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:31 am

or

Anyone seen any tribute bands? Acdshe
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:34 am

And Lez Zeppelin...

Anyone seen any tribute bands? 041108-lez-zeppelin

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:43 am

Lez Zeppelin and Iron Maidens have actually released CD's on independant labels, that is very cool.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:44 am

manny wrote:
or

Anyone seen any tribute bands? Acdshe

LOL!!!!! I have seen AC/DSHE!! They were AWESOME!!!!! They do ONLY Bon Scott ear AC/DC!!!! The band has the AC/DC moves down pat!!!!

Also saw Mistallica open for Anvil:

Anyone seen any tribute bands? Missta10

And BRAH - an 80's metal tribute band:

Anyone seen any tribute bands? 20638_10

All three bands rocked!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:56 am

I think Bon would be proud of AC/DShe:

Anyone seen any tribute bands? D2_acdshe
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:01 am

I've also seen Metal Skool (aka Steel Panther) when I was out in LA a few years ago. Alot of fun to watch. They also pulled a very drunk Jani Lane onstage to sing a coupla songs. If I remember correctly, the band started into "Cherry Pie" and Jani stopped them cold. He sang 1 or 2 songs with them, but I don't think either one was a Warrant tune.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:03 pm

manny wrote:
Lez Zeppelin and Iron Maidens have actually released CD's on independant labels, that is very cool.

I have the album from the Iron Maidens, and think it is great!

I've seen some KISS tribute bands over the years. I actually met my wife partially due to a local KISS cover band, called Dressed To Kiss. A friend of mine played "Gene Simmons" in this band, and asked me if i could help them to shoot some promo photos for a poster for a gig. I ended up being the bands pyro guy for a couple of shows, including one with Eric Singer at a KISS Convention in Oslo. Anyway, my wife was at the time together with "Paul Stanley" from this band, but soon broke up with him. The rest, as they say, is history.....

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:07 pm

manny wrote:
I think Bon would be proud of AC/DShe:

Anyone seen any tribute bands? D2_acdshe

Yes he would!!!! He would also bang each and every member backstage too
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 1:53 pm

kmorg wrote:
manny wrote:

I have the album from the Iron Maidens, and think it is great!

I've seen some KISS tribute bands over the years. I actually met my wife partially due to a local KISS cover band, called Dressed To Kiss. A friend of mine played "Gene Simmons" in this band, and asked me if i could help them to shoot some promo photos for a poster for a gig. I ended up being the bands pyro guy for a couple of shows, including one with Eric Singer at a KISS Convention in Oslo. Anyway, my wife was at the time together with "Paul Stanley" from this band, but soon broke up with him. The rest, as they say, is history.....

That is truly a metal moment stealing and marrying a woman away from Paul Stanley Anyone seen any tribute bands? 11840
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 6:29 pm

Here in Las Vegas there are a smurf poo ton of these always playing here.

Led Zeppelin Tributes:
Led Zeppagain
Led Zepplica
Heartbreaker

Van Halen Tributes:
Fan Halen
Hot For Teacher
Atomic Punks

U2 Tribute

Doors Tribute:

Iron Maiden Tributes:

The Iron Maidens
Aces High
Poweslave

Judas Priest Tributes:
Hell Patrol
Sinner
Nightcrawler

80's Metal Tributes:
Denim and Leather
Highwire
Metalheads
Hair Metal

Kiss Tributes:
Kiss Kids
Kiss Army
Mini Kiss
Black Diamond
Strutter
Kissmania

Black Sabbath Tributes:
Mistress of Reality
War Pigs
Paranoid

Rush Tributes:
Permanent Waves
Counterparts

Metallica Tributes:
Damage Inc
Battery
Damaged Justice

Purple Reign: Prince Tribute Band
Yellow Brick Road: 70's Rock tribute
Aeromyth - Tribute to Aerosmith
Southern Stue: a Tribute to Southern Rock
The Division Bell - A Tribute to Pink Floyd
VegasU2 - A tribute to U2
Elevation - Tribute to U2
Farr Beyond Driven - Tribute to Pantera
Hangar 18 - Tribute to Megadeth
Gerneration Swine - Tribute to Motley Crue (Featuring Vince Neil's son)
Yesterday - Beatles Tribute
The Fab Four - Beatles Tribute
Separate Ways - Tribute to Journey

This can keep going. haha
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:44 am

Hairball. I've never seen these guys in person, but they are huge up where I live in Minnesota all the way from Duluth to the Twin Cities. Hairball are a tribute band that play classic rock and metal. The lead singer changes costumes as he takes on the persona of the band/song that they are covering. From what I hear they are great and from the videos that I've seen they sound pretty awesome.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:37 am

Mistallica - Dyers Eve:

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:38 am

Brah - Let There Be Rock:

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:39 am

Brah - Jailbreak:

Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:15 am

I saw The Soft Parade many years back. I'm assuming it is the same tribute. I was quite drunk, but I really enjoyed them. I remember loving their set list.

One of my favorites was the VH tribute group Diver Down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen any tribute bands?   Anyone seen any tribute bands? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone seen any tribute bands?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next