Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP

Go down 
+4
candlemass
Thrasher73
Troublezone
Rami Airola
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP Empty
PostSubject: Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP   Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2018 5:56 pm

So this happened:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-luke-easter-solo-project#/

Luke is crowdfunding his new solo album. Currently he's already at $3,274 from the $6,500 goal so it's going pretty well for him.
According to him the songs have already been written and recorded - and what excites me the most is that he has written the music by himself too (he's having other musicians to play the instruments obviously though).

While Luke has been quite polarizing as the vocalist of Tourniquet, I think not many who dislikes him could really say he didn't fit in stuff like Vanishing Lessons well. I personally always thought he was amazing in some of Tourniquet's softer rock songs like Going Going Gone so it will be very interesting to see how it goes for him when the whole album is written for him instead of him having to sing over someone else's vision.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP   Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2018 8:01 pm

He looked promising when he recorded Vanishing Lessons, but I really disliked most of everything he did after that. I guess the tone of his voice started to bother me and his vocal delivery was awkward (can't blame that on Ted). Guy Ritter will always be the true and classic voice of Tourniquet. Even the weird vocal effects he did were innovative and helped them stand out from plain vanilla metal bands. Too bad Guy, Gary and Ted had a falling out and the band never fully recovered.

Best of luck to him. I hope his fans like his new music.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP   Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 5:43 am

He was great on Vanishing Lessons and Crawl to China.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP   Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 9:22 am

I don't much care for him personally, but love his work w/TqT!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP   Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 5:28 pm

candlemass wrote:

Did you talk to him back on the CMR?
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP   Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 8:06 pm

Troublezone wrote:
candlemass wrote:

Yup, there, firestream and fb...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP   Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 9:02 pm

candlemass wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
candlemass wrote:

Yup, there, firestream and fb...

That explains it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP   Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 4:17 pm

This is KILLER!

Just kidding.
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

PostSubject: Re: Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP   Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 5:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Just kidding.

I got the crowdfunding backer download and have listened it through a few times.
Pretty much all of the songs are happy sounding rock songs written in major key, some are softer pop rock and a couple goes a bit into hard rock direction, but even those are extremely poppy and happy.

Personally I don't really listen much music that sounds happy. Give me minor chords and scales and I love it. Give me major chords and scales and it gets hard to keep any interest towards to song. This one is maybe 95% major chord happy stuff. I think I wouldn't have listened it more than once if there wasn't the Tourniquet connection and Luke being part of my life from teenage years to today as me being a Tourniquet fanboy.

But I have to admit that for what it is it is surprisingly well made. Luke has written all of the music on the album by himself (with the exception of the last track where another guy wrote it with Luke) and I never thought he had songwriting skills like that. They are well written songs that could easily play along with commercial pop rock songs on radio. It's just that it 99% lacks the melancholic edge I look for in music. Only the last song has a bit of that in it and even that one is mostly happy (it's the best song on the album though, a moody acoustic piece with violin and cello and without drums).
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP   Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 7:48 am

It's really, really good...strong, hook-filled rock.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP   Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 1:03 pm

Eyesore wrote:
This is KILLER!

Just kidding.

Anyone else having trouble getting this to play? I click on the play button, but nothing happens.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40554

PostSubject: Re: Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP   Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 1:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
This is KILLER!

Just kidding.

Anyone else having trouble getting this to play? I click on the play button, but nothing happens.

Same for me.
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

PostSubject: Re: Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP   Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 5:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I think Luke had accidentally made that listenable when he set up the Bandcamp preorder page for the album and now he has fixed it. I'm not sure about that though, but I was able to listen it too at first but now its Bandcamp page is not available anymore.

The album is supposed to be officially released in July 15, and the preorders officially start in May 28th according to his website (no idea why the Bandcamp preorder page is already available though). Maybe he thinks to release a song as the first single on 28th.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP   Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2018 7:01 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Man, "hook-filled rock" is my favorite stuff. This is bland by-the-numbers pop rock.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP   Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 7:59 am

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Man, "hook-filled rock" is my favorite stuff. This is bland by-the-numbers pop rock.

It's really not...but OK. The lyrics and phrasing are very good, and the variety in the songs is very good. I like some songs more than others, but they're all good.

PostSubject: Re: Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP   Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luke Easter's (ex-Tourniquet) new solo EP
Page 1 of 1