Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's talk about guns

Go down 
+17
HeavyThrashhead
glassprison
zianide
Lari
Vexer6
corplhicks
Thrasher73
Addy
James B.
Boris2008
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
bassman
brokentulsa
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Guns
We don't have enough
Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Vote_lcap33%Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 9 ]
We have enough, including semi-automatics
Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
We have enough, but eliminate semi-automatics
Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Vote_lcap7%Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
We have enough/too many, but I can live with that as long as we get some sensible control
Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Vote_lcap22%Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 6 ]
We have too many - eliminate semi-automatics
Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Vote_lcap15%Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
We have too many, ban all guns
Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Vote_lcap4%Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
I live outside the U.S.A. and do not understand the fascination with your Second Amendment
Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Vote_lcap19%Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about guns   Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 10:42 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
So, you guys cannot even Buy American when it comes to killing?  Classy.

You can enjoy firearms without killing anything.

I go to the range and shoot my AR-15 and collection of pistols and rifles.

When I hunt elk and deer, it is with a bow.

Maybe all the drunks can buy American made spirits, American made cars, and go kill innocent people when they drink n drive. Statistically, there are way more deaths from drunk drivers than firearms. Which proves that laws don't keep dumb a$$es from making poor choices.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about guns   Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 10:59 pm

James B. wrote:
So, you guys cannot even Buy American when it comes to killing?  Classy.

Maybe all the drunks can buy American made spirits, American made cars, and go kill innocent people when they drink n drive.  Statistically, there are way more deaths from drunk drivers than firearms.   Which proves that laws don't keep dumb a$$es from making poor choices.

Pathetic reasoning that ALL gun enthusiasts use every time. Truth is? 34000 Americans died from gun violence from one means or another last year. Another 150000 were injured [most seriously] in gun related incidences. There is no constitutional right to drive a car or drink a beer. There should be no constitutional right to own a gun. It should be a privilege and regulated and you should have to register the same way you register a baby, a dog, a marriage, a death, or the privilege to fish.

James B - I totally have always respected you. Your opinion won't change that.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about guns   Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 11:16 pm

James B - I totally have always respected you.  Your opinion won't change that.

I'm all for responsible gun ownership and registration is part of that (IMHO)

Been around firearms my whole life, it wasn't until recently that it was by legal standards. My dad, brothers, and cousins were/are Hells Angels and I have in-laws who are Vagos and Outlaws MC members. So I know that legislation won't deter that element and a very high percentage of gun violence is from illegal firearms. Saying that, personally...my life has been impacted way more from drunk driving deaths than gun violence. Family, friends, and a woman who carried my unborn child...all killed due to people driving drunk. A person still makes the choice, be it to get behind the wheel while intoxicated or pick up a gun. I cannot blame a gun, just as I can't blame a car. People have reasons to drink and people have reasons to use guns for violence...(IMHO) those reasons are the real problem.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about guns   Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 12:09 am

Well stated brother. But I still believe that the Abolishment of the Second Amendment would do more good than harm in the long run. Yes - I am the lone nut that voted for Ban All Guns. I fully expect more rhetoric about good guys and bad guys. Australia is the marquee argument against that anti-logic. And I have no prob with hunting and skeet shooting, etc. But, I believe that you all can suffer without those sports in the name of safety for all. Japan, UK, etc have almost zero gun incidents - and your "butter knife theory" is also bogus. Pretty sure 1 in every 230 Japanese are not harmed with a butter knife.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about guns   Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 12:42 am

If you abolish one amendment, then there are more to follow...

It could open a can of worms.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about guns   Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 12:04 pm

I always felt the 2nd Amendment was worded confusingly. "A well regulated militia"? What exactly did our founding fathers mean by that? The Army? The National Guard? I mean, I fully support gun ownership and all. I just wish that amendment was more clear.

Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about guns   Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 7:17 pm

007 wrote:
I always felt the 2nd Amendment was worded confusingly. "A well regulated militia"? What exactly did our founding fathers mean by that? The Army? The National Guard? I mean, I fully support gun ownership and all. I just wish that amendment was more clear.

My understanding is that in the vernacular of the day, "well-regulated" meant well-equipped or well prepared.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about guns   Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 8:34 pm

James B. wrote:

James B - I totally have always respected you.  Your opinion won't change that.

I'm all for responsible gun ownership and registration is part of that (IMHO)

Been around firearms my whole life, it wasn't until recently that it was by legal standards.  My dad, brothers, and cousins were/are Hells Angels and I have in-laws who are Vagos and Outlaws MC members.  So I know that legislation won't deter that element and a very high percentage of gun violence is from illegal firearms.  Saying that, personally...my life has been impacted way more from drunk driving deaths than gun violence. Family, friends, and a woman who carried my unborn child...all killed due to people driving drunk.  A person still makes the choice, be it to get behind the wheel while intoxicated or pick up a gun.  I cannot blame a gun, just as I can't blame a car.  People have reasons to drink and people have reasons to use guns for violence...(IMHO) those reasons are the real problem.

Agree with James. People have reasons to do all kinds of things that are illegal - and many harmful to others.

I think guns should be regulated. I also believe we should put people who purchase firearms through a thorough background check (a system that actually works) and require those purchasers to go through training before they can buy the firearm. I also support the ban on automatic or automatic conversion kits for firearms.

That being said - the term 'assault rifle' is political fodder by gun confiscators, most of whom are very ignorant of guns. I think it is ignorant and dishonest to start trying to ban or regulate items which they know nothing about. I also find it very hypocritical for people who want to ban guns to then walk around with armed bodyguards. What is good for me is also good for them.

brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about guns   Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 11:58 pm

So after a little research I found out what all these kid protesters are asking for..."Protesters urged for universal background checks on all gun sales, raising the federal age of gun ownership and possession to the age of 21, closing of the gun show loophole, a restoration of the 1994 Federal Assault Weapons Ban, and a ban on the sale of high-capacity magazines in the United States."...
My first thought is how would any of this stop someone who is hell-bent on getting a gun and killing people... it wouldn't. There are millions of unregistered weapons in this country that people are more than happy to sell under the table or could be stolen.. there's also a lot of people that would be more than happy to buy weapons for somebody else legally.. and this being 21 is the most nonsense idea I ever heard but if that's what these children want then let's just raise the legal age to 21 and everyone under 21 can be considered a minor and while we're at it lets changed the voting age to 21... and as for these protests where these kids get up and walk out of class I think they should be disciplined for that and they should be failed... it's unacceptable Behavior.. our job as adults is to teach children how to live in our world so when they become adults they can fit in as they should. If we walk off our job for any reason most of us would be terminated and these kids need to start getting a little dose of reality..
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about guns   Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 9:43 am

brokentulsa wrote:
it's unacceptable Behavior.. our job as adults is to teach children how to live in our world so when they become adults they can fit in as they should.

No it isn't. What on earth makes you think that? Our job is to teach the next generation how to think for themselves and pray that they make a better go of it than we have.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about guns   Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 4:42 pm

Quote :
What on earth makes you think that? Our job is to teach the next generation how to think for themselves and pray that they make a better go of it than we have.]

We have to agree to disagree... What makes me think that? I was raised this way as was everyone else in my part of west Texas. Its still how we raise our kids and see things. The kids in my city (of 280,000) were met by constables/police when they walked today and the school contacted parents and suspended them. headbanger  This is what the majority of my area wants (I live in the 2nd most conservative city in America  with several other citys on the list within 200 miles in every direction. This country is littered with small towns with like minded people..... Kids should be seen and not heard and should be taught manners and discipline and taught to obey the rules and the laws or face the consequence.. I live in Texas, the first state to go right to work and believe me if you walk off the job you are fired and the law protects the employer. School shootings happen because of poor parenting and a failure of the schools and the society around those kids to enact strict discipline and punishment. I don't know where you live Boris but be sure there are lots of citys and folks in this country who believe like me.. Im sure you have been in some "good ole Boy" conservative towns like this sometime in your life... No More Gun Control...
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about guns   Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 5:17 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
but be sure there are lots of citys and folks in this country who believe like me..

Just an acknowledgement, here, for the tons of not-like-minded cities in this country.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about guns   Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 5:43 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :
What on earth makes you think that? Our job is to teach the next generation how to think for themselves and pray that they make a better go of it than we have.]

We have to agree to disagree... What makes me think that? I was raised this way as was everyone else in my part of west Texas. Its still how we raise our kids and see things. The kids in my city (of 280,000) were met by constables/police when they walked today and the school contacted parents and suspended them. headbanger  This is what the majority of my area wants (I live in the 2nd most conservative city in America  with several other citys on the list within 200 miles in every direction. This country is littered with small towns with like minded people..... Kids should be seen and not heard and should be taught manners and discipline and taught to obey the rules and the laws or face the consequence.. I live in Texas, the first state to go right to work and believe me if you walk off the job you are fired and the law protects the employer. School shootings happen because of poor parenting and a failure of the schools and the society around those kids to enact strict discipline and punishment. I don't know where you live Boris but be sure there are lots of citys and folks in this country who believe like me.. Im sure you have been in some "good ole Boy" conservative towns like this sometime in your life... No More Gun Control...

Thanks for that at least it gives me some idea of where you are coming from. I live in between Birmingham and Nottingham in England and even our conservative areas would seem profoundly liberal to you. For the record I'm from an Irish catholic family and went to a catholic school in the 70s & 80s and the attitudes towards children that you promote are very much what I experienced (I could either be a good catholic boy or I could get the shit beaten out of me) I'm glad that things have changed now. I do think boundaries and manners are important things to teach children but not telling them what they are allowed to think or silencing them.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about guns   Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 5:46 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
but be sure there are lots of citys and folks in this country who believe like me..

Just an acknowledgement, here, for the tons of not-like-minded cities in this country.

You're from the same city as Prince right? headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about guns   Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 9:18 am

Boris2008 wrote:
You're from the same city as Prince right? headbanger

Erotic City!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about guns   Let's talk about guns - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about guns
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5