Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overkill - Live In Overhausen

Go down 
+9
Temple of Blood
Troublezone
nevermore
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
Gilbert
glassprison
Witchfinder
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Overkill - Live In Overhausen Empty
PostSubject: Overkill - Live In Overhausen   Overkill - Live In Overhausen Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 4:40 pm

Overkill's got a new live album coming out on 5/18/18:

Overkill - Live In Overhausen Overkilllivecdmarch

"Legendary New Jersey thrashers Overkill have announced that they will release their Live In Overhausen album on May 18th via Nuclear Blast. Pre-order here. Order your copy of the album on either iTunes or Amazon and receive "Hammerhead" instantly. A live video for the song can be found below.

Celebrating the band's history, Live In Overhausen captured not one but two album anniversaries. Fans assembled on April 16th, 2016 at Turbinenhalle 2 in Oberhausen, Germany for the 25th Anniversary of Horrorscope and 30th Anniversary of where it all began, Feel The Fire. A full night of kill from the past played loud and in its entirety.

Bobby Blitz comments, "From the stage to your eyes and ears! Live in Overhausen, celebrating Feel the Fire and Horrorscope in one, filmed/recorded concert, in Germany, from 2016.  A rare, two hour look at what has transpired over three decades in one of the world's hotbeds of metal. Hang on to your hats kids, its going to be a 'THRASHY-RIDE'!"

Live In Overhausen will be available in different formats:

- 2 CD + Blu Ray Digipak
- 2 CD + DVD Digipak
- LP (Limited edition Splatter, Green, Black)
- Mail-Order Edition

Live In Overhausen tracklisting:

"Coma"
"Infectious"
"Blood Money"
"Thanx For Nothin'"
"Bare Bones"
"Horrorscope"
"New Machine"
"Frankenstein"
"Live Young Die Free"
"Nice Day - For A Funeral"
"Soulitude"
"Raise The Dead"
"Rotten To The Core"
"There's No Tomorrow"
"Second Son"
"Hammerhead"
"Feel The Fire"
"Blood And Iron"
"Kill at Command"
"Overkill"
"F*ck You"

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Live In Overhausen   Overkill - Live In Overhausen Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 6:40 pm

That's cool their releasing this and it has an excellent track listing but,due to my total indifference to live albums, I'll pass on it.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Live In Overhausen   Overkill - Live In Overhausen Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 7:04 pm

I'll be interested in seeing the DVD. The Hammerhead clip looks pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Live In Overhausen   Overkill - Live In Overhausen Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 12:31 am

I will pick this up most likely. Too bad my favourite song Necroshine is not in the set list.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Live In Overhausen   Overkill - Live In Overhausen Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 1:10 pm

Awesome!!! Great track list; very excited for this. Thanks for the info, WF. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Live In Overhausen   Overkill - Live In Overhausen Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 1:14 pm

Not a big live album guy but for Overkill I will make an exception...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Live In Overhausen   Overkill - Live In Overhausen Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 8:47 pm

Watching that live clip makes me wish that I could see them again.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Live In Overhausen   Overkill - Live In Overhausen Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2018 9:21 pm

Looks like former Overkill guitarist Bobby Gustafson won't be buying a copy of the new live album.

Quote :
Ex-OVERKILL Guitarist BOBBY GUSTAFSON Slams Former Bandmates, Says Upcoming DVD Is A 'Piece Of S**t'

Overkill - Live In Overhausen Bobbygustafsonsatanstaint_638

Former OVERKILL guitarist Bobby Gustafson says that fans shouldn't buy the band's upcoming "Live In Overhausen" DVD and Blu-Ray because he is "not getting a dime" from the release.

Due on May 18 via Nuclear Blast, "Live In Overhausen" was recorded two years earlier in Oberhausen, Germany, where OVERKILL celebrated the 25th anniversary of "Horrorscope" and 30th anniversary of "Feel The Fire" by performing both albums in their entirety.

Gustafson joined OVERKILL in 1982 and played on the group's first four albums — "Feel The Fire" (1985), "Taking Over" (1987), "Under The Influence" (1988) and "The Years Of Decay" (1989) — before being shown the door in 1990 amid growing tension between him and OVERKILL bassist D.D. Verni.

After Nuclear Blast announced the details of "Live In Overhausen" in a press release on Friday (March 16), Gustafson took to his personal Facebook page to slam his former bandmates, once again accusing them of not giving him his rightful share of OVERKILL's royalties for the songs that he was part of creating and recording.

Bobby posted the "Live In Overhausen" cover image and wrote in an accompanying note: "What are they celebrating: The fact that none of the other members even played on these albums. The fact that they will both make all the money" — apparently referring to Verni and vocalist Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth — "and not the other three or the fact that they think they don't have to pay me. Don't buy this piece of shit, people. I'm not getting a dime."

Gustafson previously told Metal Rules that he was never officially asked to leave OVERKILL. "It wasn't something where they came out and said, 'Hey, you're fired!' It was more of a verbal fight between me and D.D. about doing a show where they wanted to do it strictly for money and I didn't want to do it because we had just sold out Studio 54 in New York, our biggest show, and they wanted to do a Halloween show that was kind of goofy," he claimed.

In a 2016 interview with Rock & Metal In My Blood, Gustafson said that he would "never play with [OVERKILL] again. They stole from me back then and continue to steal from me till this day," he explained. "They haven't paid me for the use of my songs for the past 30 years and now they are even re-recording 'Feel The Fire' live. I've never seen a band claim so adamantly that they don't live in the past, yet most of their set list is from the first four albums I was on. They have had so many albums after me and never play songs from them. I just can't play happily with backstabbers and liars."
Gustafson is involved in a new band called SATANS TAINT, which released its latest album, "Axe To The Head Of My Enemies", last year.

Damn, bitter much?
...also, dude's current band is called "Satan's Taint?" Seriously? Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Live In Overhausen   Overkill - Live In Overhausen Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 12:17 am

Bobby G is a great guitarist and wrote a lot of Overkill's best songs, (and I understand why he's bitter) unpaid royalties etc... but looking at the tracklisting, there's barely any of his songs on it.

He's kinda like Dave Mustaine, but not successful.  Razz
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Live In Overhausen   Overkill - Live In Overhausen Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 9:51 am

There are 6 or so of Bobby G's songs on there, and the previous 2 Overkill live albums had probably twice as many, so I think he's justified in feeling ripped off. Almost all their classic stuff was written by him.

Having said that, he's done nothing of note since leaving Overkill. It's hard to believe he couldn't have put together a pretty good line-up by now and recorded something. Like Troublezone pointed out, no way something like this would've stopped Dave Mustaine.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Live In Overhausen   Overkill - Live In Overhausen Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 5:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Live In Overhausen   Overkill - Live In Overhausen Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 8:02 pm

Have ordered my copy. Looking forward to it. headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Live In Overhausen   Overkill - Live In Overhausen Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 9:11 pm

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Live In Overhausen   Overkill - Live In Overhausen Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 8:05 am

I doubt Overkill albums are selling in the millions, even if they were, if he gave up his publishing to the band or when he got fired he lost his right to the publishing or lost them in a divorce, its hardly Overkill's fault, if you did not read the contract or hired a lawyer.

For that matter, these guys were all street kids when they formed and recorded those early albums, Bobby, D.D. may not be getting a dime either, if they signed shitty deals back then, doubt they hired lawyers or knew what the hell they were signing.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Live In Overhausen   Overkill - Live In Overhausen Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2018 3:39 pm

They sound very good which can't be said for many other bands from that era. I am a fan and happy to see them still being relevant.

They tour around still and this is a regret to not have seen them yet...
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Live In Overhausen   Overkill - Live In Overhausen Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 6:57 am

It's a great live album. The Horrorscope album straight through is cool but I think the Feel the Fire renditions that follow are even better and more engaging live performances.

Coupled with Anthrax's Kings Among Scotland this is turning out to be a great year for high quality live thrash releases!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Live In Overhausen   Overkill - Live In Overhausen Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 2:58 am

Got my copy in the mail this morning. Will give it a spin in the car on my way back home this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Live In Overhausen   Overkill - Live In Overhausen Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 10:17 am

Got my copy of Live in Overhausen over the weekend. I haven't had time to watch the video portion yet but I've listened to both discs and the performances are suitably badass. Blitz's half-English, half-German stage patter is a hoot. ("Hi Mom, I'm in f**kin' Overhausen with 1500 of my closest friends!")  

IMO special props must be given to Eddy Garcia, who was the band's drum tech at the time of this recording and who filled in for the departed Ron Lipnicki on what was apparently short notice. Dude crushed it!

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Live In Overhausen   Overkill - Live In Overhausen Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 8:45 pm

007 wrote:
That's cool their releasing this and it has an excellent track listing but,due to my total indifference to live albums, I'll pass on it.

What he said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Live In Overhausen   Overkill - Live In Overhausen Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 10:36 pm

My review of "Live In Overhausen"...

https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Overkill-Live-in-Overhausen-CD-Review

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Live In Overhausen   Overkill - Live In Overhausen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overkill - Live In Overhausen
Page 1 of 1