Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Samson recommendations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Samson recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Samson recommendations   Samson recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 11:25 pm

I am willing to include some samson albums in my next online order. Which ones do you recommend? I am interested in the Bruce Dickinson era.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Samson recommendations   Samson recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 6:25 am

The only Samson album I've ever owned is "Head On," not a frequent listen but I like it well enough

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Samson recommendations   Samson recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 8:38 am

They only did 2 albums with Bruce singing (Head On and Shock Tactics) so there's not much to choose from. Head On was recently re-released with bonus tracks so it's readily available, as opposed to Shock Tactics where you might have to search for a second hand copy. Might be expensive, too.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Samson recommendations   Samson recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 9:02 am

Shock tactics is available on amazon. I will probably order a third one as well, survivors most likely.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Samson recommendations   Samson recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 9:48 am

I would recommend their first five albums. Albums 4 and 5 (Before The Storm & Don't Get Mad Get Even) were just reissued in a nice box set with a bonus disc of rarities. Those albums have a more heavy Southern Rock vibe - think of a band like Blackfoot if you've heard of them - but that's mostly due to the singer on those albums.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Samson recommendations   Samson recommendations Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 4:34 pm

Don't limit yourself to the Bruce albums. Unlike Iron Maiden, Samson replaced him with a great singer Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Samson recommendations   Samson recommendations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Samson recommendations
Page 1 of 1