Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some recommendations

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Some recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Some recommendations   Some recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 3:53 pm

I don't know if these bands have sprung up anywhere else in this forum (if so, I apologize), but I figured I would recommend some bands for those of you who are into to Tech-Metal.

1. Spiral Architect
- They've been receiving a fair amount of attention, even some disciples.
They're a Norwegian Tech-Metal band that ride on very complex song
structure (of course), and a lot of time signature changes. Aside from the
bewildering guitar work, I believe that the real gem in this band is the
drummer, Asgeir Mickelson. Their bassist is definitely worth mentioning as
well: Lars Norberg. They've only released one definitive studio album which is entitled "A Skeptic's Universe." Probably one of the most difficult albums ever recorded.

2. Spastic Ink
- For all of you fans of Rob Halford, I give you Spastic Ink. Why do I mention Halford for this group? Their drummer, Bobby Jarzombek, worked with Halford, as well as this. This is a three-man ensemble that runs along the same vein as Spiral Architect, as well as blending Jazz-Fusion elements within their material. They've released two studio albums, entitled "Ink Complete," and "Ink Compatible."

That's all I have for now, since I have other stuff I have to do today. If you're interested in finding out more (although I'm sure most of you know about these groups), I'll post more when I have the time.

There aren't really any audio samples available for Spiral Architect, except on their website (but I have no clue whether they work or not). The URL is: www.spiralarchitect.com

For Spastic Ink, go here:

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_BAND.asp?band_id=1177

Scroll to the mp3 stream section and click on the available song.

Take care.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Some recommendations   Some recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 4:35 pm

I like both bands. You forgot to mention Ron Jarzombek from Watchtower though! Thats they guy that makes Spastic Ink worth listening to!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some recommendations   Some recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 5:25 pm

Of course. You can't forget Ron; his guitar work is simply astounding. As well as Peter Perez's bass work. I love how Bobby's bass drum is in complete sync with Perez's bass, even when his hands are all over the kit. Truly a class-act band.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Some recommendations   Some recommendations Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 7:06 am

was spiral architect not a black sabbath song
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some recommendations   Some recommendations Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 3:07 pm

TheGooch wrote:

Yeah from Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

As for those bands, I like both especially Spastic Ink. Bobby Jarzombek is one of my all time favorite drummers.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Some recommendations   Some recommendations Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 3:33 pm

TheGooch wrote:

Yes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Some recommendations   Some recommendations Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 4:27 pm

Check out Spiral Architect's 1993 demo, it's a whole lot better than their album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some recommendations   Some recommendations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some recommendations
Page 1 of 1