Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Krokus: hellraiser

Go down 
+3
exact33
MoonChild
Gilbert
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Krokus: hellraiser Empty
PostSubject: Krokus: hellraiser   Krokus: hellraiser Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 3:15 am

Being a huge fan of headhunter, i wanted to get a krokus album that is the closest possible to it, in terms of heaviness.

After doing some research, i picked up hellraiser today and i must admit, it is a blast!!!

Any other krokus albums you would recommend in particular? Hit me \m/
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Krokus: hellraiser   Krokus: hellraiser Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 10:33 am

One Vice At a Time
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Krokus: hellraiser   Krokus: hellraiser Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 1:03 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Being a huge fan of headhunter, i wanted to get a krokus album that is the closest possible to it, in terms of heaviness.

After doing some research, i picked up hellraiser today and i must admit, it is a blast!!!

Any other krokus albums you would recommend in particular? Hit me \m/

it is a great rockin album. Title track is fantastic!

the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Krokus: hellraiser   Krokus: hellraiser Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 10:36 pm

MoonChild wrote:
One Vice At a Time

Bingo!

Metal Rendezvous is not as heavy as the next couple, but it's got some really great tracks. Heatstrokes, Bedside Radio, Streamer, Lady Double Dealer, and Fire are all very good tracks in my humble opine.

And, oh yeah, Hellraiser is a great album, too.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Krokus: hellraiser   Krokus: hellraiser Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 11:20 am

This does sound pretty good, didn't think they had anything else besides "Headhunter" worth looking into...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Krokus: hellraiser   Krokus: hellraiser Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 4:14 pm

ALL Krokus albums kick ass, other than To You All and Round 13 [they both are unlistenable].
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Krokus: hellraiser   Krokus: hellraiser Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 5:10 pm

I'm with you, Uncle, "Round 13" is terrible.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Krokus: hellraiser   Krokus: hellraiser Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 12:19 am

Wow, just checked, I had no idea of how far this band went back and what they sounded like early on, I actually thought "Headhunter" was their debut!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Krokus: hellraiser   Krokus: hellraiser Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 12:42 am

Still exploring their rich and diversified discography. For decades, i was only familiar with headhunter, and never bothered checking any of their other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Krokus: hellraiser   Krokus: hellraiser Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 12:20 pm

Krokus is a band that I enjoy but I only have a best of called the Definitive Collection. That's all I really need as of now. Maybe if I ever get caught up on my huge want list, I'll look into collecting their releases.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Krokus: hellraiser   Krokus: hellraiser Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 12:50 pm

007 wrote:
Krokus is a band that I enjoy but I only have a best of called the Definitive Collection. That's all  I really need as of now. Maybe if I ever get caught up on my huge want list, I'll look into collecting their releases.

Very good point. I feel that way about a lot of 70's bands/ artists (CCR, Grand Funk, Foghat, Frampton) where a Best of...and/or a Live album is sufficient for now until the massive Want List is under control. It's hard b/c the old bands are still releasing new albums and then there are the new bands from the same genre as the old that have albums out and then releases to pick up from yesteryear. Phew! It never ends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Krokus: hellraiser   Krokus: hellraiser Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Krokus: hellraiser
Page 1 of 1