Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loudness - soldier of fortune

Go down 
+7
Shawn Of Fire
Wurthless
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
assault_attack
Gilbert
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Loudness - soldier of fortune  Empty
PostSubject: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 1:19 am

Any fans of this underrated Loudness album? I have been building my loudness collection slowly, and got soldier of fortune at a decent price a few weeks ago in Europe.

I love the sound on this one.

Any fans here?
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 3:26 am

I'm a big fan Mike Vescera & loudness had some killer musicians in the band. I kind of went backwards through Mikes career. This was one of the last cd's I bought with him on. I have I think most of the cd's he's been on. Some were hard to find.

Soldier of Fortune is a kick ass song!

headbanger

Last edited by assault_attack on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 4:05 am

assault_attack wrote:
I'm a big fan Mike Vescera & loudness had some killer musicians in the band. I kind of went backwards through Mikes career. This was one of the last cd's I bought with him on. I have I think all the cd's he's been on. Some were hard to find.

Soldier of Fortune is a kick ass song!

headbanger

True. I played this song over 6 times since this morning headbanger headbanger

assault_attack likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 5:31 am

I dig everything Vescera sings on. This is my favorite Loudness album. Not a bad track on it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 6:49 am

Great album. If you haven't checked it put yet, get the follow up with Vescera, On The Prowl. It's mostly rerecorded earlier Loudness tunes given a slightly different tone in the style Of Soldier Of Fortune.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 8:05 am

Their albums are too damn expensive to acquire in my part of the world. Only own 4 so far. Planning on ordering a couple more soon. Lightning strikes is next on my want list.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 10:19 am

Vescera's a killer vocalist but I like Loudness better with Minoru Niihara on vox. Minoru may not be a great singer in the tech sense but his singing style gives Loudness a certain "character."

When Loudness replaced him with Vescera, they sounded like any other nothin' special hair band.

IMO of course.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 6:07 pm

I found this album on cassette at Goodwill for like 50 cents years ago when I was first getting into metal, so it's one of my sentimental favorites. Their guitarist, Akira Takasaki, is f*cking phenomenal and that album is no exception.
I can understand why a fan of their earlier stuff wouldn't get into it much, though. It is infected with some of that late 80s metal cheese.

I just stumbled upon their 92 self-titled release on YouTube while sampling On the Prowl, and it sounds much better than that OtP (which seems even more drenched in cheesy party-metal vibes, just based off of the first track alone). The s/t is aggressive, darker, and heeeavy. I'll have to seek it out sometime.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 6:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 8:54 pm

I love the Vescera era of Loudness...

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 3:07 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Did he perform on any other loudness album?
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 4:18 am

Yeah, on On the Prowl.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 11:52 am

I like the Vescera albums. I think they're good but I, like FF, prefer them with Minoru. But the only time I ever got to saw Loudness live was on the Soldier Of Fortune tour.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 12:52 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Did he perform on any other loudness album?

Soldier Of Fortune
On The Prowl

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 1:18 pm

nevermore wrote:
I like the Vescera albums. I think they're good but I, like FF, prefer them with Minoru.

What he said.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2020 1:47 am

Wurthless wrote:

Been on a Loudness mode lately. That s/t album is truly great. Dark and heavy. Possibly their best headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2020 2:56 pm

I bought this on a casual YouTube recommendation two weeks ago.
The guy on guitar is absolutely amazing. Innovative beyond belief !
I was on top of a parking garage with one hour to kill.
Cold. Sunny. Seat back. Eye covering on. Relistened to it.
The singer really did such a fantastic job. Everything was shiny top notch.
I was born and raised on Thunder From the East. Love that release.
But this is a classic too. In so many ways. Never knew.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2022 11:27 am

This morning - threw it on in my warm living room - About 15 degree outside.
Had a shot of tequila. Forgot just how impressive this release is. Fantastic.
I’m definitely buying “ On The Prowl “. Soon.
Singer reminds me as if Jeff Scott Soto had a younger brother singer.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2022 3:21 pm

I've loved this band for a long time. Ever since I first heard Crazy Nights back in 85. I only own 8 of their albums right now, but will probably obtain another one or two this year. Completing their discography would be a pretty big affair.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2022 4:30 pm

Getting back into Japanese metal lately, so i did something crazy: ordered Loudness's Spiritual Canoe and 6 cds by Anthem from Japan (all Japanese pressings with OBI).
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2022 5:37 pm

Long time fan of the band. I own all their releases, including a few of their rare eps.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2022 1:18 am

I am still missing some of their albums. Not easy to find and quite expensive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - soldier of fortune    Loudness - soldier of fortune  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loudness - soldier of fortune
Page 1 of 1