Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+10
Hadley
Required Fields
Sword Of The Heretic
Addy
Leatherface
DallasBlack
mikeinfla
akeldama
tohostudios
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 10:05 pm

I was off on the time and totally missed it. I hope it’s on the Network cuz I prefer NXT over the rest. What did you think, Toho?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:47 am

Finished the Hulu versions of Raw and Smackdown today, some thoughts:

*Obviously RR is going to have a triple threat match and Kane will take the fall to keep Brock and Braun protected.

*Ceasaro and Reigns put on one of the best matched on Raw in quite some time.

*Speaking of which, Cole was asking how is Roman still standing... after getting his shoulder injured! I'm pretty sure Roman doesn't stand on his hands very often. Very Happy

*When Absolution was attacking Asuka, I remarked to myself the women of Raw are going to have to ban together and right after I said it, they did.

*Jason Jordan continues to remind me of Anakin in the Star Wars prequels. A whinny little bitch that annoys the viewers.

*Woken Matt and Wyatt exchanging laughs was so damn stupid and reminded me of this:

*KO and Sammi are the most entertaining characters on Smackdown right now.

*The girly scream that jobber made against the Bludgeon Brothers was so damn funny!

*I hope the beat down on AJ means he will keep the title. I never want to see Jindroid with that belt again.

*Speaking of which, who the hell picks Jindroid's wardrobes for him? He looks like a clown!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 9:55 am

As I stated earlier in the thread I have stopped watching Raw and Smackdown. I just need a break from it. But when I was browsing thru the channel guide I saw NXT coming up on USA. I thought I would record it and check it out.

Watched it last night and I like what I saw. Kind of reminds me of the old days, NWA Saturday nights on TBS or the AWA at the Showboat. More of a laid back, smaller crowd. Not a bunch of stupid in-ring talking for 20 minutes at a time. Just wrestling, I liked what I saw. If Raw and Smackdown would do this I would start watching again. I don't care about the stupid stories, normally the matches tell the stories. I miss the old days where a fued would go on for 6 months or a year, not for 30 days until the next PPV.

It made me think back to Steamboat/Savage. That went on forever and there were no boring 20 minute in-ring promos. Savage got the bell, smashed Steamboat with it and we had ourselves a feud.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 12:02 pm

Pretty glad you enjoyed NXT, mike. I think the hour-long format really helps with burnout not just on wrestling itself but also they make sure we don't suffer from "superstar overkill".

I can't wait till the PPV tonight and in February I finally get to see a show in person. I had tix to a show in the late '90s but got pink eye the day before and didn't wanna go and suffer thru a 3 hour drive one way not to mention potentially infecting my other brothers.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 2:27 pm

Twitter sites are buzzing right now saying that Tom Zenk aka Z-Man has passed away.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 3:15 pm

RIP. I was never a fan of his but it still is a drag.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 7:24 pm

Sad to hear when anyone passes away even if their impact in the pro wrestling was very minimal.

For the PPV, I will predict and give results. The first match on the pre-show is the triple threat match nobody asked for. My money is on Boring retaining. It's a bit too early for Roode and they wouldn't put Ziggler in the match if it was his time to get his first single title and no way Ziggler wins.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 7:42 pm

Ok, I guess I got my wires crossed, that is not on the pre-show. I thought there were going to be two but looks like just one. What we have here is the feud nobody cares about Ryder vs. Mojo. Ryder sure as hell isn't winning this one.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 7:53 pm

Had to read the results to find I was correct. I cared so little about the match I barely paid it any attention.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 8:02 pm

Yeah, Ryder vs Mojo was pretty pedestrian. I can’t stand Mojo.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 8:03 pm

As far as the Triple Threat I agree that Bargain Bin will retain.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 8:15 pm

Roode is carrying this otherwise stale match.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 8:19 pm

akeldama wrote:
Roode is carrying this otherwise stale match.

Quite right!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 8:21 pm

Ref clearly slowed the count down so Corbin could save the count. Ziggler won? Wow!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 8:22 pm

WTF? Ziggler?!!!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 8:23 pm

That was a great spot for the win IMO. The match gained some much needed momentum in the closing minutes.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 8:30 pm

Not sure about this tag smeg. I think I will stick with the Useless. Not wanting that (I want Rusev and English) but it seems to be inevitable.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 8:31 pm

I hope Rusev and English win. I have always liked Rusev but I think Gabe and Benjamin will win.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 8:48 pm

Damn, Gable is strong! I didn’t see the Useless retaining.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 8:49 pm

akeldama wrote:
Damn, Gable is strong! I didn’t see the Useless retaining.

Sadly, I did. Sometimes it sucks to be right.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 8:52 pm

Next prediction, Charlotte all the way.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 8:54 pm

Hope Charlotte retains but I see the Riot Squad giving aid to Nat for the win.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 9:08 pm

Sloppy match! Sloppy commentary!! Bad touchwork!!! Missed Spots!!!!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 9:12 pm

Damn. Good calls tonight, DB.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 9:14 pm

Not a good match but my prediction was at least right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: