Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CAGE

Go down 
+4
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
Wrecked Neck
Lari
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

CAGE Empty
PostSubject: CAGE   CAGE Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2017 5:34 pm

They are in the studio, recording a new album (no release date yet).

But let's talk about the old stuff while we wait. How would you rank their albums? And am I missing out on something owning only Darker than Black and Hell Destroyer? I recently re-discovered this band. I kind of had my fill of this kind of stuff for awhile, but damn if it ain't some powerful heavy metal when you finally do put it back on.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

CAGE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAGE   CAGE Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 1:38 am

I only discovered them because of the King Diamond song they recorded. Thought it was such a great tribute, I bought the Hell Destroyer edition with that song on it. I have a few more of their cds, but that's my favorite one.

Truth be told, the Cage forums is where I stole my Wrecked Neck name. Sean Peck used the term in a post over there long ago, and I liked it. Not very many people posted there, and I believe they shut them down now.

Really a good band though. Don't know why they aren't bigger than they are.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

CAGE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAGE   CAGE Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 9:28 am

I own Astrology, Darker Than Black, Hell Destroyer, Science Of Annihilation and Supremacy Of Steel.  My favorite is probably Darker Than Black.  I think they are a good power metal band and I enjoy many of their songs, but I wish their albums were stronger as a whole.

They also produced the most metal album cover of all time:

CAGE 318622

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

CAGE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAGE   CAGE Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 7:32 pm

I like them but they need to add more variety in the tempos, the last couple seem be nothing but speed contests.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

CAGE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAGE   CAGE Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 10:28 pm

I still own nothing by these guys. Definitely need to upgrade. What do you recommend?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

CAGE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAGE   CAGE Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 6:15 am

I have Astrology, Darker Than Black and Hell Destroyer. I think their all solid metal releases and will like to collect the rest
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

CAGE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAGE   CAGE Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 8:13 am

Found me a copy of hell destroyer. Think i will buy it.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

CAGE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAGE   CAGE Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 9:10 am

Gilbert wrote:

It's probably their highest rated and most universally loved album, so go for it.

I can't say personally because I haven't heard them all (maybe I'm missing out), but I do like Hell Destroyer.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

CAGE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAGE   CAGE Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 9:15 am

Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

It's probably their highest rated and most universally loved album, so go for it.

I can't say personally because I haven't heard them all (maybe I'm missing out), but I do like Hell Destroyer.

I remember spotting this album at a record shop in bergen/norway as a new release in 2007 but instead chose to buy nocturnal rite's shadowland...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

CAGE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAGE   CAGE Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 9:44 am

Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I remember spotting this album at a record shop in bergen/norway as a new release in 2007 but instead chose to buy nocturnal rite's shadowland...

I think you would appreciate the fact that the Hell Destroyer album has a Christian theme, as do many of their other albums/songs. While the band is not overtly pushy Christian, as in not "preaching a message", but their lyrics do have a positive Christian message present.

Much like Nocturnal Rites.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

CAGE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAGE   CAGE Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 12:02 pm

I owned Hell Destroyer at one point, but it got purged from my collection when I was dumping alot of the European "flower/power metal". Might have been a bit hasty in that decision, as I don't think they quite fit that description, but oh well. I'm managed to soldier on without them.

Quote :
I think you would appreciate the fact that the Hell Destroyer album has a Christian theme, as do many of their other albums/songs. While the band is not overtly pushy Christian, as in not "preaching a message", but their lyrics do have a positive Christian message present.

If I recall correctly, Hell Destroyer is a concept album with a whole Christian back story. The 'Hell Destroyer' in question is the hammer that was used to nail Christ to the cross. Whomever wields the magic hammer can conquer all evil or something like that.

Metal is Forever
Lari

CAGE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAGE   CAGE Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 12:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I owned Hell Destroyer at one point, but it got purged from my collection when I was dumping alot of the European "flower/power metal". Might have been a bit hasty in that decision, as I don't think they quite fit that description, but oh well.

Yeah, they are not European nor are they flower metal Razz
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

CAGE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAGE   CAGE Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 12:12 pm

Lari wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I owned Hell Destroyer at one point, but it got purged from my collection when I was dumping alot of the European "flower/power metal". Might have been a bit hasty in that decision, as I don't think they quite fit that description, but oh well.

Yea I know. They're more in-line with Judas Priest. But they got lumped in with stuff like Brainstorm, Blind Guardian, Mob Rules and some others that I just got tired of.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

CAGE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAGE   CAGE Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 1:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Lari wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yea I know. They're more in-line with Judas Priest. But they got lumped in with stuff like Brainstorm, Blind Guardian, Mob Rules and some others that I just got tired of.

From the songs i have heard so far, the album has an enjoyable painkiller flavor headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

CAGE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAGE   CAGE Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 2:55 pm

I re-read Ult's review of Cage's Hell Destroyer on his website and this part in particular stood out...

Quote :
My only complaint with “Hell Destroyer” is that I found it to be a bit too long and samey. The tempos, the songwriting, and even the vocal performance didn’t change much from song to song, making it hard to listen to this CD in one sitting. I think “Hell Destroyer” might have been a stronger album had the band trimmed it down to the best 11 - 12 tracks.

It's been years since I've heard it, but that comment right there was probably a big part of why I ditched it in the first place.

Metal is Forever
Lari

CAGE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAGE   CAGE Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 3:09 pm

Quote :
My only complaint with “Hell Destroyer” is that I found it to be a bit too long and awesome.

I fixed that quote for you.

It lacks filler, if that's what you mean.

Obviously when you line up terrific tracks one after another, it's going to happen.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

CAGE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAGE   CAGE Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 3:20 pm

Lari wrote:
Quote :
My only complaint with “Hell Destroyer” is that I found it to be a bit too long and awesome.

I fixed that quote for you.

It lacks filler, if that's what you mean.

Obviously when you line up terrific tracks one after another, it's going to happen.

Ha, ha. You'll have to take that up with Ult. His review, not mine.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

CAGE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAGE   CAGE Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 2:02 am

I think if you read the lyrics while listening to the CD, it makes it a much better album. The writing to me is above average and really well done. Lots of concept albums end up not making much sense, but from what I remember about that one, is it was like reading a book. There was no need to interpret what the story was about, unlike some so called concept albums, because it explained it all very well. Not sure if all their stuff is as well written or not, that was the only one I have sat down with and read the lyrics too.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

CAGE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAGE   CAGE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 2:21 pm

Hell Destroyer

This is one of my all-time favorite power metal albums. A true "Desert Island Disc".

Ignoring the spoken interludes, this is an incredibly powerful, fast, catchy, well played, well sung masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CAGE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAGE   CAGE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAGE
Page 1 of 1