Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cage the Gods - Badlands

Go down 
+2
kethdredd
corplhicks
6 posters
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Cage the Gods - Badlands Empty
PostSubject: Cage the Gods - Badlands   Cage the Gods - Badlands Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 1:49 am

I can't believe no one's talking about this here (in case I'm wrong, let it be known that I did use the search function)! This is gritty, melodic, dynamic, and CATCHY blues-hard rock with some of the finest songwriting I've heard in a while. Kind of like a cross between Brother Cane and Great White, I suppose. The debut album, Badlands, came out on Tues. This is on my roster for next month. Moving, soulful stuff from the UK.

The music video for the first track of the album (originally filmed for the EP last year):

Song premiere; this one is an earworm:

And a power ballad:

Album's on Amazon!

Last edited by corplhicks on Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Cage the Gods - Badlands   Cage the Gods - Badlands Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 11:14 am

Whoa! /JOEY

Right in my wheelhouse!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Cage the Gods - Badlands   Cage the Gods - Badlands Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:24 pm

Good call! That's fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Cage the Gods - Badlands   Cage the Gods - Badlands Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 10:19 pm

My copy is scheduled to arrive on Monday. =)
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Cage the Gods - Badlands   Cage the Gods - Badlands Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 12:11 am

Eyesore wrote:
My copy is scheduled to arrive on Monday. =)

Right on! Let us know how it is as a whole. Sucks having to wait for payday to get this.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Cage the Gods - Badlands   Cage the Gods - Badlands Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 12:44 pm

This has potential, but I want to hold off a little.

These guys had a nice article about them in Classic Rock a little while back that got my interest. However, I've been sucked into that tractor beam before and bought a few albums that didn't live up to the hype.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Cage the Gods - Badlands   Cage the Gods - Badlands Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 9:19 pm

SOLD OUT. EVERYWHERE. I'm pissed. Guess I'm gonna have to get this off of ebay. Anyone know of an alt source? 'Sore?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Cage the Gods - Badlands   Cage the Gods - Badlands Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 12:03 am

corplhicks wrote:
SOLD OUT. EVERYWHERE. I'm pissed. Guess I'm gonna have to get this off of ebay. Anyone know of an alt source? 'Sore?

http://www.compactdiscount.com/cage-the-gods-badlands.html

Three bucks. Be quick.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Cage the Gods - Badlands   Cage the Gods - Badlands Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 12:28 am

YOU.

Are a celestial being.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Cage the Gods - Badlands   Cage the Gods - Badlands Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 11:36 pm

http://www.compactdiscount.com/cage-the-gods-badlands.html

Four copies available now for $3 apiece. Tons of other great album there, too. Most are cheap, you just gotta dig for them. The guy who runs it doesn't really know what belongs in the Metal section and whatnot. Don't be afraid of the Scratched CDs section, either. I've bought dozens from those sections and most aren't scratched at all; they're just not brand new.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Cage the Gods - Badlands   Cage the Gods - Badlands Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 12:13 am

Liked it.  cool 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Cage the Gods - Badlands   Cage the Gods - Badlands Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 5:45 pm

Just noticed I originally titled this thread "Cage OF the Gods." Corrected. 

It's a really good album, worth the money (especially a couple bucks lol). There's some occasional missteps here and there, such as the second song veering into awkward pop territory. But you get a lot of great influences here--one song even has a cool Thin Lizzy vibe that sticks in your head. Not one the best CD's of the year, but certainly one of the most enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cage the Gods - Badlands   Cage the Gods - Badlands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cage the Gods - Badlands
Page 1 of 1