Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cool Christian Metal

Go down 
+6
Fat Freddy
exact33
ultmetal
GrandNational
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Cool Christian Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool Christian Metal   Cool Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 10:09 am

Some bands that don't get mentioned alot on this board that are extremely noteworthy are the bands of a man I look up to VERY much, Mr. Ian Arkley.

We all know the excellence of Seventh Angel, but his other projects are even more impressive. Ashen Mortality was his first journey into gothic metal which is extrordinary. Century Sleeper was a project he did with the guy from Visionaire that is awesome. Of course there is his work with Paramaecium on A Time To Mourn. But his most impressive work to date is his present band, My Silent Wake. If you like old Paradise Lost or My Dying Bride, you MUST check out either of their albums, Shadow of Sorrow and The Anatomy of Melancholy.

I would love to meet the man, he has been a distant mentor of mine since I was a teen. Just a great artist. You can't go wrong with any of his work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cool Christian Metal   Cool Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 11:39 am

spectrefate wrote:
Some bands that don't get mentioned alot on this board that are extremely noteworthy are the bands of a man I look up to VERY much, Mr. Ian Arkley.

We all know the excellence of Seventh Angel, but his other projects are even more impressive. Ashen Mortality was his first journey into gothic metal which is extrordinary. Century Sleeper was a project he did with the guy from Visionaire that is awesome. Of course there is his work with Paramaecium on A Time To Mourn. But his most impressive work to date is his present band, My Silent Wake. If you like old Paradise Lost or My Dying Bride, you MUST check out either of their albums, Shadow of Sorrow and The Anatomy of Melancholy.

I would love to meet the man, he has been a distant mentor of mine since I was a teen. Just a great artist. You can't go wrong with any of his work.

I with you...I love that guy's stuff!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Cool Christian Metal   Cool Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 4:34 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

I with you...I love that guy's stuff!!! 🤘

I have the first Paramaecium album, Century Sleeper ,and both My Silent Wake albums and I agree. I have heard Seventh Angel but have yet to get an album (it's on my list) and I have not heard Ashen Moratlity but I've been planning on checking them out for a while now but I keep forgetting to.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Cool Christian Metal   Cool Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 5:07 pm

I've got some of these for sale, check the trade-sell section.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Cool Christian Metal   Cool Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 9:44 pm

I will have to check out Stairway and these other bands!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Cool Christian Metal   Cool Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 5:15 pm

Cool Christian Metal - Page 2 Emotionmetal
Origionally released in 1997 and recently re-issued by our good friends at Retroactive records, this is some high quality progressive metal with vocals that remind me (very strongly) of Klaus Meine. The music is sometimes a little like Dream Theater and contains a ballad that reminds me of early Hogarth era Marillion. The prog elements are not so strong as to turn away people who are not very big on prog. This band, IMO, should have never been lost in the annuls of time.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Cool Christian Metal   Cool Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 1:13 am

Thanks for the recommend Dallas! I've heard some good stuff about them in the newer Heaven's Metal issues as well!

🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cool Christian Metal   Cool Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cool Christian Metal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2