Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First song/album that got you into metal?

Go down 
+23
manny
Aaron_D
Leatherface
nevermore
metalinmyveins
Kramer78
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
Lari
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
Troublezone
Witchfinder
mc666
candlemass
BearOnUnicycle
Gilbert
Wrecked Neck
Thelemech
glassprison
Boris2008
Big Rich
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

First song/album that got you into metal? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First song/album that got you into metal?   First song/album that got you into metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 1:37 pm

Lari wrote:
If you liked Krokus and shit, you were already into metal.

What got you into those bands instead of pop stuff?
I'm sure I was into some pop music at the time, but I just liked that type of music. Seeing their videos on MTV when I was a kid helped I'm sure.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: First song/album that got you into metal?   First song/album that got you into metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 1:52 pm

The first album I heard was Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime. Eyes of a Stranger is such a great song.

Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: First song/album that got you into metal?   First song/album that got you into metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 7:45 pm

Great question. Sit down on the way back machine. Alice Cooper hit my ears. Billion dollar babies with that drum intro. Muscle of Love guitar. Go to Hell. Welcome to my Nightmare. That - was setting the wheels in motion. Aerosmith and Nugent didn't really do much for me. Black Sabbath was catching my ears. Kiss alive one with Duece, 100,000 years, Parasite. Ramones were catching my ear. Highway to Hell on the radio. Running with the Devil. Crazy Train. Then everything just exploded. It took off with Dokken, RATT, Malice, KIX, bands that were opening for big name bands. It wS like a tidal wave
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: First song/album that got you into metal?   First song/album that got you into metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 11:12 pm

I really fell in love with rock music through Aerosmith and it grew from there. I actually had a friend who's brother was into Metal and had given him a copy of Master Of Puppets. This was after the black album so I knew Enter Sandman, etc from MTV but that album was really my introduction to heavier stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First song/album that got you into metal?   First song/album that got you into metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First song/album that got you into metal?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2