Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discogs?

Go down 
+12
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
asgard1980
Required Fields
Witchfinder
mc666
mikeinfla
Fat Freddy
Lari
Boris2008
Wrecked Neck
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Discogs? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discogs?   Discogs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2023 7:48 pm

James B. wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
wesvette wrote:
I have most of my collection out there.  Says it's worth between $11k and $30k.  

Two lists:
https://www.discogs.com/lists/Favorite-Possessions-Christian-Metal/401866
https://www.discogs.com/lists/Favorite-Possessions-Prog-and-Blues/442950
That's funny, mine says it's worth between 11-43k. Wonder how it starts the same, but goes higher than yours. Our collection seems to be about the same size pretty much. Kinda weird how they come up with the prices I guess.

(IMHDO) Those are pretty huge "appraisal" gaps between $11K-$30K & $11K-$43K respectively.  Wonder what parameters they use? Is it what people are willing to pay others, what people want others to pay, an average of what people have paid over a certain timeframe, or the  highest someone has forked over for something?

Pretty sure it goes by average of what the lowest someone has paid, and the highest. I wish it was more accurate and would price it out comparing the same editions and condition of your album, instead of it being so generalized. But it's a free site, so guess you can't bithc too much. Figured if I were to ever sell off my collection as a whole, I would try to get somewhere in the middle between the low and high ends. $25,000,00 and it's yours James! lol!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12615

Discogs? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discogs?   Discogs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2023 11:20 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
$25,000,00 and it's yours James! lol!

I need to get some penny rolls and a big box Laughing very hard

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Discogs? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discogs?   Discogs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2023 2:01 am

James B. wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
$25,000,00 and it's yours James! lol!

I need to get some penny rolls and a big box Laughing very hard

Cool I'll take 'em! lol!
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

Discogs? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discogs?   Discogs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 7:15 pm

Mine currently shows between $9580.48 and $36,869.50 for 2,074 CD's. I probably have another 500 CD's that aren't on there. Maybe one day I'll get them all on there.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Discogs? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discogs?   Discogs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 9:21 am

I've been thinking about deleting my account at RateYourMusic and cataloguing my collection at Discogs instead, but haven't done it yet. Entering my entire collection at RYM took a month of Sundays ten years ago, and I had severeal hundred fewer CDs back then!

RYM was good when I started, but nowadays the site is kinda laggy and their process for updating/adding releases to their database is a pain in the ass. Discogs seems livelier and more up to date.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Discogs? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discogs?   Discogs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discogs?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2