Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lies, Deceit & Treachery

Go down 
+3
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Lies, Deceit & Treachery Empty
PostSubject: Lies, Deceit & Treachery   Lies, Deceit & Treachery Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 11:38 am

Lies, Deceit & Treachery Lies-Deceit-Treachery-photo-1-e1504154150450

Three former original members from BulletBoys — guitarist Mick Sweda, bassist Lonnie Vencent and drummer Jimmy D’Anda — have teamed up with Best Of Seven singer Shane Tassart as Lies, Deceit & Treachery and have just released their debut single “Devil” for streaming.

Sounds pretty good to me. Sounds closer to the original BulletBoys sound than that turdburger Marq put out under the BB name last year.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Lies, Deceit & Treachery   Lies, Deceit & Treachery Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 12:17 pm

I like that. You're right. That sounds a lot like the BulletBoys.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Lies, Deceit & Treachery   Lies, Deceit & Treachery Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 3:23 pm

They actually released this single a few weeks ago. I just got around to posting it here. I couldn't find any further info on an ep or album in the works though. Just this one single for now. I wouldn't mind hearing more from them.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Lies, Deceit & Treachery   Lies, Deceit & Treachery Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 5:13 pm

I always liked the music of these guys, Mick Sweda is a great player. It was Marq's voice that either worked really well, or ruined the songs.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Lies, Deceit & Treachery   Lies, Deceit & Treachery Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 9:18 pm

The vocals sound like Lynch Mob and the guitar riff is old school KISS. Very similar to Cold Gin...
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Lies, Deceit & Treachery   Lies, Deceit & Treachery Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 1:43 am

Sounds like classic Bulletboys...same feel as "Hell on my Heels." I do like the newer Bulletboys material, but it is clear that Marq has no ambition to write songs in the same style as the first three albums anymore.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Lies, Deceit & Treachery   Lies, Deceit & Treachery Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 10:28 am

007 wrote:

Yep. That's why I hate it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Lies, Deceit & Treachery   Lies, Deceit & Treachery Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 10:32 am

Big Rich wrote:
007 wrote:

Yep. That's why I hate it.

I was gonna say the same thing but you beat me to it Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Lies, Deceit & Treachery   Lies, Deceit & Treachery Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 5:18 pm

Sounds a little sloppy to me, actually.

I dunno, it seems most of these "reunions" result in a bunch of boogie-woogie blues-based swagger instead of the hard-rock-pop-metal barnburners those guys put out. The new LA Guns single being a massive exception, 'cause damn that's as smokin' as 1988.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Lies, Deceit & Treachery   Lies, Deceit & Treachery Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 4:18 pm

corplhicks wrote:

I dunno, it seems most of these "reunions" result in a bunch of boogie-woogie blues-based swagger instead of the hard-rock-pop-metal barnburners those guys put out. The new LA Guns single being a massive exception, 'cause damn that's as smokin' as 1988.

That might be the "Frontiers Records Effect". They seem to be snapping up all these old 80's bands left and right and just cranking out mediocre albums at a fast-food assembly line pace.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Lies, Deceit & Treachery   Lies, Deceit & Treachery Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 9:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

That might be the "Frontiers Records Effect". They seem to be snapping up all these old 80's bands left and right and just cranking out mediocre albums at a fast-food assembly line pace.

There it is. Probably even too fast to actually resurrect and polish some old demos like, say, Van Halen did. Which is far more rewarding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lies, Deceit & Treachery   Lies, Deceit & Treachery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lies, Deceit & Treachery
Page 1 of 1