Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bach - Angel Down

Go down 
+8
mc666
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
Tall Tyrion
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 1:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
blackieboy wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
I can tell you that without a doubt, the wait will be worthwhile. 'Angel Down' is the metal album of the year, if not the 21st Century so far.

That's high praise (and probably hyperbole) but if it's Slave To The Grind worthy then it'll be worth a chance. That album has held up so well over time. Just Metal......

Scott, did you hear the samps Eyesore posted from amazon? Bach's new album is like "Slave to the Grind" - if not better!!!

🤘
This won't touch Slave To The Grind. That album is a classic. This one sounds like it'll be really good, but it won't even compare.

Different strokes for different folks ... I'm liking what I'm hearing on these samps MORE than "Slave to the Grind". I'll have to hear the whole thing first before judging though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 10:10 pm

http://spinner.aol.com/artists/new-releases-full-cds?defaultTab=3

Stream the whole album. Not a fan of the first song at all.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 10:53 pm

Eyesore wrote:
http://spinner.aol.com/artists/new-releases-full-cds?defaultTab=3

Stream the whole album. Not a fan of the first song at all.

Anyone else having problems with the stream?
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 11:56 pm

Picked it up day of the release-- really good stuff.

Faves:

You Don't Understand
Back In the Saddle (Awesome cover, classic Axl)
Love Is A Bitchslap (Reminds me of Skid Row)
Stuck Inside (Cool modern sounding metal song)
By Your Side (Favorite song from the album, if the year was 1989, this would be a huge power ballad hit)
Falling Into You (Another good ballad, reminds me of Arcade's 'Cry No More' at some points)

The rest of it I can kinda give or take. There's definitely some heavy stuff here though. I was expecting more of a 80s melodic hard rock album, but there's some current heavy metal sounding stuff here. But that's not to say it's "nu metal", because it's not.

I recommend the album, and at this point, I give it a 7/10.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 10:39 am

I ordered this from The End as a Black Friday special. It's out of stock, so I'll have to wait even longer to hear it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 4:36 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I ordered this from The End as a Black Friday special. It's out of stock, so I'll have to wait even longer to hear it. Sad

I ordered mine from there last night,TT.Maybe I got the last one.Sorry Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 8:58 am

From what I've heard thus far, it almost sounds like Bach is using Halford's RESURRECTION as his template for ANGEL DOWN. Hell, he's got Halford's guitarist (Metal Mike Chlasciak), drummer (Bobby Jarzombek) and producer (Roy Z) on here. And the song "American Metalhead" coulda come right off of RESURRECTION. (although Halford probably woulda sang "British Metalhead," haha)

Sounds promising!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 12:29 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:

I ordered mine from there last night,TT.Maybe I got the last one.Sorry Embarassed

Why I oughta......

Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Curlyport

lol!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 12:42 am

just purchased from Amazon. i look forward to hearing it.

PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 2:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
From what I've heard thus far, it almost sounds like Bach is using Halford's RESURRECTION as his template for ANGEL DOWN. Hell, he's got Halford's guitarist (Metal Mike Chlasciak), drummer (Bobby Jarzombek) and producer (Roy Z) on here. And the song "American Metalhead" coulda come right off of RESURRECTION. (although Halford probably woulda sang "British Metalhead," haha)

Sounds promising!
Well, "American Metalhead" is a Painmuseum song that Metal Mike brought over (it's on their Metal For Life album), so it's definitely got a different vibe. Personally, I think they should have done an entire album like that song. Bach clearly has the chops for it. Sometimes I feel like some of these songs are trying too hard to sound old school. The problem is that you tell it's coming from a more modern kind of player that can't quite grasp the vibe of a true 80s rock/metal song. Yeah, it's Bach, but he tears it up on "American Metalhead," they should have just went down that road.

It's still a great album, though. Out of Bach's catalog, it's only outshine by the first two Skid Row albums, I think.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 8:47 am

Eyesore wrote:

Well, "American Metalhead" is a Painmuseum song that Metal Mike brought over (it's on their Metal For Life album), so it's definitely got a different vibe.

Haha, oddly enough after posting that yesterday, I went home and I was looking thru an old ish of Metal Maniacs last night and found an article about Mike Chlasciak's Painmuseum. Lo and behold, it mentioned the song "American Metalhead," so I was like "D'oh!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 8:55 am

I am amazed at the quality of this album. I rank it slightly below Slave To The Grind and ahead of Skid Row S/T. This thing simply crushes. Heavy as hell and Baz sounds great. The Aerosmith cover is killer and I really like the Axl song Stuck Inside. Angel Down certainly makes any Johnny Sollinger Skid Row sound like total crap. Prediction - Skid Row reunion in 2 years.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 10:38 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:

Just got a shipping confirmation from the End on mine.Did you get one yet Nick?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 8:39 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Sounds promising!

That was my initial thought upon hearing this CD and I didn't even realize he had Halford's guitarist, drummer and producer. I haven't really found a Roy Z produced CD that I didn't like.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 8:57 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:

Just got a shipping confirmation from the End on mine.Did you get one yet Nick?

Oops, missed this. Yep, I've had it for awhile. Stellar album! 🤘
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 8:57 am

I couldn't stand this album. If Bach would actually sing instead of just yelling the vox, it would be much better IMO. The only songs I like are the ones where he actually carries a tune.

Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:30 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I couldn't stand this album. If Bach would actually sing instead of just yelling the vox, it would be much better IMO. The only songs I like are the ones where he actually carries a tune.

My thoughts exactly! He's such a good singer....just SING! Screaming at me doesn't impress me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:54 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I too think he's definately a better singer than screamer, but it doesn't bother me. For the most part, it fits the heaviness of the music. I'd say his intention was to put out a good metal album and he did just that. If you look at the progression of the Skid Row albums while he was in the band, they got heavier, perhaps to lose the "hair metal" tag they were inevitably stuck with anyway. Fans looking for "I Remember You" or "18 & Life" are gonna be disappointed. Same with any young Gilmore Girls fans that are looking for cutesy rock music to put on their blinged-out Hello Kitty iPods.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 2:39 pm

I never cared much for Bach's vocals on the ballads like I Remember
You. Nails on a chalkboard to my ears. Maybe that's why I like Angel
Down so much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:15 pm

Slave to the Grind was great, it came out late enough to not be influenced by glam and early enough to not be influenced by grunge and alternative. The songs there have the perfect vibe. One of my favorite albums ever.

Will the Bach album come close to this? I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bach - Angel Down
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2