Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bach - Angel Down

Go down 
+8
mc666
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
Tall Tyrion
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 4:50 pm

I know this album comes out next month, has anyone heard it any tunes from it? I checked Sebastian's MySpace, there's a live version of 'By Your Side', sounds pretty good.

I'm more interested in the Axl tracks though. Smile XM Radio's Boneyard station has apparently been playing one of the Axl songs, but I keep missing it. Sad
Back to top Go down

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 5:18 pm

I've only heard two live tracks, and none of good enough quality for me to judge.

I look forward to it, but I don't expect anything amazing. He seems to not surround himself with musicians that write for his voice, so the results have been mixed.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 9:43 am

I had his 1st solo album, which was some new studio tracks with some live tracks tacked on. The new songs were ok, but nothing memorable. Once the cd was over, you forgot the songs.

As for the new one, it seems like he's been working on this cd almost as long as Chinese Democracy. Bas has a great voice, but like Eyesore said, I don't think he's much of a song writer. I'm not getting my hopes up on this one.

I saw him live a few years ago, and even though he sounded great doing Skid Row tunes and some cover songs, the new tunes he did were once again un-memorable. They lacked any hooks or anything that stuck out once the song ended.

Judging from some of the reviews I've heard about the last Skid Row album, I think these guys need each other. If Dave & Eddie can stand on stage, I don't think a full blown Skid Row re-union would be out of the question somewhere down the line.
Back to top Go down

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 11:59 am

I'm with you Metalguy. I think we need a full bown Skid Row reunion.

I'm not sure that I'll pick up Bach's new one. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 2:48 pm

Being a SR fan i will check this out.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 5:00 pm

If you want to hear Sebastian doing great vocals with some quality songwriting and musicianship, check out:

Frameshift - An Absence of Empathy

It's allot darker than his Skid Row days, but he really shines vocally. Frameshift is prog/metal from a guy named Henning Pauly. He's sort of a one-man band dude that hires different vocalists (think Ayeron). He's worked with James LaBrie on another album too, but I haven't heard that one.
Back to top Go down

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm

I've heard a lot of good things about Frameshift. Thanks for the recommend. I think I'll check it.
Back to top Go down

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 8:25 pm

Yeah, the Frameshift album is excellent. It's the best thing he's done since Slave To The Gring. Don't ever buy The Last Hard Men. Absolutely terrible.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 9:14 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Yeah, the Frameshift album is excellent. It's the best thing he's done since Slave To The Gring. Don't ever buy The Last Hard Men. Absolutely terrible.

Have you heard the one he did with James LaBrie? Is that one any good?
Back to top Go down

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 6:59 pm

Does anyone know the musical direction of Sebastian Bach's new album? Is it metal?
Back to top Go down

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Have you heard the one he did with James LaBrie? Is that one any good?
Haven't heard that one yet. People says it's really good, but I've never even seen it in stores. It's on my wants.
Back to top Go down

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:25 pm

blackieboy wrote:
Does anyone know the musical direction of Sebastian Bach's new album? Is it metal?
I'd say it's probably a modern rock/metal album. Groovy with 80s overtones, but still too modern in sound to call an 80s rock/metal album.
Back to top Go down

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:55 pm

Eyesore wrote:
blackieboy wrote:
I'd say it's probably a modern rock/metal album. Groovy with 80s overtones, but still too modern in sound to call an 80s rock/metal album.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 7:20 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia3t98FX2pA

There's a clip to a new tune at the beginning of this video. It sounds pretty badass!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 9:51 am

Supposedly, a radio station in Texas has been playing "Back in the Saddle", the duet with Axl Rose, from the cd and it's getting a great response.

I'm sure someone more computer savvy than I could find it on the web.
Back to top Go down

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 2:43 pm

Here's an early review of the album (not mine)...

Quote :

Bach - Angel Down 61jYl7LRjML_SS500_

Exclusive Sneak Preview - Sebastian Bach: Angel Down

by Paul Cashmere - October 21 2007

There has been a lot of anticipation for Sebastian Bach's 'Angel Down'. Skid Row's last album was 'Subhuman Race' from 1995. Bach's last solo album was 'Bach 2: Basics' in 2001.

I can tell you that without a doubt, the wait will be worthwhile. 'Angel Down' is the metal album of the year, if not the 21st Century so far.

This has been my high rotation record for the weekend.

What makes the record even more newsworthy is the appearance of Axl Rose on three of the tracks. When you hear them, you will wonder, like the rest of the world, why Guns 'n' Roses 'Chinese Democracy' has still not been released.

Axl is switched on big time on 'Angel Down'. If he is this hot on Bach's album, I cannot wait to hear 'Chinese Democracy'. The release of 'Angel Down' might just be what Axl needs to get the confidence to release his long-awaited album. This is the album you want 'Chinese Democracy' to be. (Incidentally, Bach recorded backing vocals on one of the tracks from 'Chinese Democracy').

'Angel Down' features bach's touring band, "Metal" Mike Chlasciak and Johnny Chromatic on guitar, Bobby Jarzombek on drums and Steve DiGorgio on bass.

The album kicks ass right from the first track 'Angel Down'.

Here are a few first impressions of the tracks from the album:

'Angel Down' is a more than an opening track. It is a statement. Bach has been away from recording for half a decade. The opener will kick your teeth in with the message "bach is back".

'You Don't Understand' sounds like it will be a great live song. Going through the album from start to finish, Bach could pull songs off this record out of a hat for his set-list. This one is a hook-driven rocker. It's a lesson for the newbie rockers – a little melody will go a long way to long-term acceptability.

'Back In The Saddle' is the first of three songs (in a row) with Axl Rose. What a corker of a cover. This is the old Aerosmith song. Aerosmith meets Guns 'n' Roses meets Skid Row – metal heaven. Bach only sings the first new lines on this one. The lead vocal is Axl.

'(Love Is) A Bitchslap' is the one they chose as the single. Co-written with producer Roy Z., it is another rocker with a hook. "I'm just having a goodtime" Bach and Rose sing on this one. That just about sums up the entire album.

'Stuck Inside' is again with Axl. We are getting to the heart of this album and this is one hell of a beating heart. In fact, the four-play of 'Stuck Inside', 'American Metalhead', 'Negative Light' and 'Live & Die' are the heaviest tracks on the album. 'American Metalhead' slaps those winey little punk wannabes across the face. 'Negative Light' gets dark and moody but builds to rival Metallica. 'Live & Die' doesn't waste a second. It burns from the first note.

So, after the guitar angst driven midsection, Bach quietens the moment (for a moment). 'By Your Side', co-written with Roy-Z, is one of two power-ballads that grace the album. Bach can pull off the ballad convincingly without it coming across as girly. 'By Your Side', and later in the record 'Falling Into You', give the album depth.

Don't expect our pal Mr Bach has gone too soft on us. 'Our Love Is A Lie' will get you out of that romantic diversion with another punch in the face rocker.

'Take You Down With Me' has an air of classic metal to it. It could be a great Black Sabbath song. Even that vocal, is Sebastian channelling Ozzy?

'Stabbin' Daggers' continues the disorder. 'We are 12 tracks into 'Angel Down' here and every song so far has been a killer.

'You Bring Me Down' again borrows from the sounds of the 70s. Sebastian Bach knows where to base his influences and isn't afraid to drawn from them. Like the great rock acts, he is capable of borrowing from the past and updating with his own sound.

'Falling Into You' is an interesting one to end with. This one was written by Desmond Child and Bach is obviously going for the feel that Child created for Aerosmith on 'I Don't Want To Miss A Thing'. The track is the odd one out in the context of the record, but stand it aside as a single or throw it on a Bruce Willis movie and we are talking number one hit here.

Sebastian Bach's 'Angel Down' will be released on November 20 through EMI on Merovingian Music.
Wow! I hope this guy isn't blowing smoke. If he's being honest, this album may just be a killer!
Back to top Go down

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 8:21 am

Sounds like it will be a worthwhile investment. Perhaps I'll pick it up after all.
Back to top Go down

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 2:53 pm

Quote :
Listen to the interview — which includes music from Bach's upcoming CD, "Angel Down" — in three parts: Part#1, Part#2, Part#3.
You can hear "Back In The Saddle" at about the 7:20 mark of part 1. It's playing now, sounds cool. Not sure if there's more tunes on the rest of this.

EDIT: Part 3 has another song at the beginning. I can't crank it, though, so I can't get a good feel for it. It's heavy, though.

EDIT: And there's another song at the end of part 3, the song played in that LA Ink clip.
Back to top Go down

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 4:07 pm

Okay - yeah I'm actually pretty impressed after hearing that sample. This is definitely metal stuff here guys.

🤘
Back to top Go down

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 5:11 am

http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Down/dp/B000YBI868/ref=mb_oe_o/105-7521222-5982826

Hey now...this sounds pretty damn killer!
Back to top Go down

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 1:46 pm

🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘

Sounds as if Skid Row has picked up right where they left off right after "Slave to the Grind" if you ask me!!!

I want this album!

Thanks for posting those samps Eyesore!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 2:36 pm

Quote :
I can tell you that without a doubt, the wait will be worthwhile. 'Angel Down' is the metal album of the year, if not the 21st Century so far.

That's high praise (and probably hyperbole) but if it's Slave To The Grind worthy then it'll be worth a chance. That album has held up so well over time. Just Metal......
Back to top Go down

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 3:10 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

That's high praise (and probably hyperbole) but if it's Slave To The Grind worthy then it'll be worth a chance. That album has held up so well over time. Just Metal......

Scott, did you hear the samps Eyesore posted from amazon? Bach's new album is like "Slave to the Grind" - if not better!!!

🤘
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 3:30 pm

I'm listening right now.....as much as 30 sec. samples can tell you, this sounds good. Nice return!!
Back to top Go down

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:36 pm

blackieboy wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

Scott, did you hear the samps Eyesore posted from amazon? Bach's new album is like "Slave to the Grind" - if not better!!!

🤘
This won't touch Slave To The Grind. That album is a classic. This one sounds like it'll be really good, but it won't even compare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bach - Angel Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bach - Angel Down   Bach - Angel Down Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bach - Angel Down
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next