Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash

Go down 
+6
James B.
Fat Freddy
Stender
Lurideath
glassprison
BillRoxx
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash Empty
PostSubject: Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash   Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 11:34 pm

It was 30 years ago in 1987 when Pastor Bob Beeman of Sanctuary International would be led to call together a very special group of musicians that would come together to form a new ministry minded band out of Southern California. With a lot of prayer and faith the players were assembled and the full band would come together to record and distribute their very first demo tape. That tape would be what many people still consider to be the beginning of a movement, one thing was certain it was about to make a lasting impression on the Christian music community.

That band was one of the very first in the genre of Christian thrash, that band was called Vengeance and that tape was their original 5 song self-titled cassette only demo. That tape would lead them to signing a multiple album record contract on Intense Records which ultimately led to the release of their first full length album entitled ‘Human Sacrifice’.

‘Human Sacrifice’ was one of the most controversial releases of the time. Many Christian record stores would ban the album from their shelves completely. The album featured the hand of Pastor Bob himself portraying the bloodied hand of Christ nailed to the cross. The music was harsh and in the vein of bands like Dark Angel and Slayer, it definitely took the Christian ‘White’ Metal scene to a whole new level.

This classic album has been long out of print outside of a Limited Edition CD reissue (1000 pieces) on the defunct Intense Millennium Records in 2010 and a Limited Edition vinyl picture disc (300 pieces) on Roxx Records in 2013, all of which are long sold out and now collector’s items themselves. With the album still in high demand we are very happy to bring to the public a new and very special pressing adding a few twists as we celebrate 30 years of Vengeance.

Roxx Records is proud to bring you a very special pressing of ‘Human Sacrifice’ this special package includes brand new liner notes from original Vengeance bassist Roger Dale Martin. It has been completely remastered by J Powell of Steinhaus Mastering and features a brand new layout done by our very own Scott Waters (Roxx Records/No Life til Metal). This limited edition pressing will feature the newly designed artwork as originally featured on the vinyl picture disc version from 2013 and comes packaged in a beautiful glossy 6 panel wallet, last but not least we have added 5 special bonus tracks from that original demo tape that started it all 30 years ago.

Official release date for this pressing is August 25th with pre orders going live now. Pre orders only will come with a very special limited run 6” x 6” sticker as a pre order bonus item. But this title will be making its official debut first at this year’s largest Christian Metal Fest called SoCal Metal Fest 2 in Orange California on August 12th. Where there will also be a very special performance from 4 of the original members of Vengeance. If that’s not enough for you we will also be making another very special release announcement regarding Vengeance first that day at the show! You will not want to miss anything, the new CD, this very special one time performance or the special release announcement we will be making first at the show!

For all the pre order information and show details visit www.roxxproductions.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash   Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 12:57 pm

Keep us in the loop if you get any crazy legal threats from RM over this!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash   Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 7:05 pm

Any more info on that fest?
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash   Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 7:12 pm

Btw, I just pre-ordered
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash   Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 10:59 pm

Sure here you go....

www.sacrivox.com

https://www.facebook.com/sacrivox/
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash   Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 11:53 pm

The link to purchase tickets comes up as non-existent for me, both via the link posted here and via the link through the Facebook page.
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash   Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 11:59 pm

If you click the www.sacrivox.com link and click on 'shop' it takes you to the ticket section. Thanks man
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash   Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash Icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2017 5:07 pm

Who is going to perform vocals for them?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash   Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash Icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2017 5:29 pm

Does it really count as "30 years of thrash" if they've been inactive for 20+ of those years? (haha) Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash   Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash Icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2017 10:23 pm

So is it vinyl, cd or both ?

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash   Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 12:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Does it really count as "30 years of thrash" if they've been inactive for 20+ of those years? (haha) Very Happy

THIS Laughing

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash   Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 6:52 pm

I'm curious who is doing vocals also.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash   Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 2:14 pm

mc666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

THIS Laughing

Exactly. It's not like they've been pressing on since 1987.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash   Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 3:08 pm

All I know is it's not me singing for them. :-)

PostSubject: Re: Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash   Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vengeance celebrate 30 years of thrash
Page 1 of 1