Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze

Go down 
+15
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
mikeinfla
MoonChild
Thrasher73
80s Metal Lady
Wurthless
Gilbert
Lari
mc666
glassprison
akeldama
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Better Discography?
Paul Di' Anno
Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Vote_lcap15%Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
Bruce Dickinson
Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Vote_lcap74%Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Vote_rcap
 74% [ 20 ]
Blaze Bayley
Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Vote_lcap11%Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Vote_rcap
 11% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Empty
PostSubject: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 7:53 pm

So who has the better overall discography outside of Iron Maiden? It can include Samson, Wolfsbane, Battlezone etc.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 8:12 pm

I went with Blaze, I just like his output overall.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 8:44 pm

1. Bruce
2. Paul
3. Blaze

None of them are spectacular, but I find Bruce's solo material to be the most memorable out of the three.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 8:46 pm

If Adrian Smith were included in this poll, I would have voted for him. The A.S.A.P. and Psycho Motel albums are really awesome.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 9:18 pm

Bruce's solo output for me. I have all of them and they are all really good. I only have one of Dianno's Battlezone and it 's good, but that's not enough for me to go by and
supplant Bruce's material. I've never heard any of Bayley's work.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 9:26 pm

Bruce. The other two guys suck.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 10:17 pm

Probably Blaze.

But Accident of Birth & Chemical Wedding are both great, and as good as the best Blaze records. But for overall catalogue, it's Blaze.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 11:31 pm

Blaze. But this is quite a tough choice.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 1:09 am

I like almost all of Bruce's discography (i've never made it all the way through Tattooed Millionaire or Balls to Picasso though, for some reason), but on the strength of Skunkworks, Accident of Birth, and The Chemical Wedding I've gotta vote for him. Those are some of my favorite albums in general.

Never heard any Di'anno solo stuff, to be honest. Probably won't.

And Blaze is pretty damn good, but I don't love the albums of his (those with which I'm familiar, at least) nearly as much as those three Bruce albums.

Last edited by Wurthless on Mon May 15, 2017 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 1:17 am

Ha, I guess I'm the sole voter for Di' Anno at the moment. I really like the Battlezone albums I have. The only solo Dickinson album I had was Tattooed Millionaire, and I didn't like it. I haven't heard Bayley's stuff.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 1:29 am

Bruce easily
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 3:34 am

Bruce.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 8:42 am

Just curious, of all the Paul solo releases where he re-does Maiden songs has he ever done a Bruce song? Most of his retreads are from the first two albums. Would love to hear him do The Trooper or NOTB.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 9:23 am

Bruce all the way.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 9:37 am

Wurthless wrote:
I like almost all of Bruce's discography (i've never made it all the way through Tattooed Millionaire or Balls to Picasso though, for some reason), but on the strength of Skunkworks, Accident of Birth, and The Chemical Wedding I've gotta vote for him. Those are some of my favorite albums in general.

Never heard any Di'anno solo stuff, to be honest. Probably won't.

And Blaze is pretty damn good, but I don't love the albums of his (those with which I'm familiar, at least) nearly as much as those three Bruce albums.

I can totally understand that. Skunkworks is my fave solo Bruce and most people I know dismiss it. I may have to bust out the deluxe edition this week or just continue my Blaze kick and start a Bruce kick too. I do feel that Bruce's discography is the most diverse.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 11:12 am

Bruce by a wide margin. I've enjoyed all his solo works to some degree.

I lost interest in Blaze's solo material after the 3rd album or so and the only good Di'Anno album I've heard was Killer's Murder One.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 12:17 pm

Bruce on the strength of Chemical Wedding alone. Don't mind Paul's Battlezone stuff but Blaze can't hold my attention at all.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 12:33 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Bruce on the strength of Chemical Wedding alone. Don't mind Paul's Battlezone stuff but Blaze can't hold my attention at all.

Accident of Birth is my favourite. But Chemical Wedding is in the same tier. And so are Blaze's Silicon Messiah, Tenth Dimension and The Man Who Would Not Die.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 1:18 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

Chemical Wedding is probably my favorite Bruce solo album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 2:39 pm

Bruce made Accident of Birth. Nuff said.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 4:51 pm

akeldama wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
some shit i said, lol

I can totally understand that. Skunkworks is my fave solo Bruce and most people I know dismiss it. I may have to bust out the deluxe edition this week or just continue my Blaze kick and start a Bruce kick too. I do feel that Bruce's discography is the most diverse.

I've never understood why people dislike Skunkworks so passionately. Most people I've seen bash on it do so because it's not metal enough for their tastes, but his first two solo albums aren't really all that metal either. I should come back around to Tattooed Millionaire and Balls to Picasso sometime, though, to see if my feelings toward them have changed in the interim.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 5:01 pm

I like the Skunkworks B-side "I'm In A Band With An Italian Drummer" (hilarious) better than anything on the album proper.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 11:24 pm

I quite liked the Battlezone and Gogmagog records so I voted Paul but I also think he has fallen the furthest and he sounds like a terrible pub singer now.

Bruce just annoys me and I think Blaze sucks so it wasn't that hard a decision.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 11:41 pm

Bruce!

No contest.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 3:10 pm

Bruce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze   Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paul vs Bruce vs Blaze
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next