Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steve Grimmet's Amputation

Go down 
+9
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
Gilbert
mc666
anthrax_fan
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Glower
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

Steve Grimmet's Amputation Empty
PostSubject: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 4:58 pm

I just looked up Steve on the internet...
to see if Chatueux band was before Grim Reaper...
And read that he had his leg amputated...
He got a infection in Ecadour...spread overnight....
Saw a few photos....he's still hanging tough as nails.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 5:59 pm

Steve is definitely a trooper!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 6:20 pm

Yep, it was discussed at the tail end of this thread about the new G.R. album

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t22914-new-grim-reaper-album?highlight=Grim

Last I heard he was back home in the U.K. undergoing therapy/training to learn how to walk on a prosthetic.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 9:14 pm

He will either adopt Low Carb High Fat or will die soon "you know it´s sad but true" .
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 11:46 pm

anthrax_fan wrote:
He will either adopt Low Carb High Fat or will die soon "you know it´s sad but true" .

His diet & weight was a factor? I haven't heard that. I know he was a lard ass, but there are a lot of those who don't lose limbs. I thought it was an infection that spread too quickly.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 12:19 am

Hope he gets back to the music industry soon.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 9:40 am

I thought we had talked about this before. And I thought it was due to diabetes. Maybe not. But best wishes to him.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 11:41 am

The infection was due to diabetes, the leg arteries had started hardening and infection can set in. Best wishes to Steve, going to have change his life.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 7:12 pm

Saw this thread and although I guessed it was this, I kind of hoped that he'd formed a death metal band.

Getting old sucks! Hope he recovers and gets back to doing what he does so well soon. Sad
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 11:24 am

Steve Grimmet's Amputation Grim-Reaper-photo-2-e1486529131172

Quote :
...Ok just to let you know exactly what happened, I am diabetic, which screws your body in all sorts of ways, one of the ways it got me was hardening of the leg arteries so blood flow in my legs wasn’t very good and I ended up getting an infection in my right leg, the pain was excruciating also I was getting hallucinations, I had a doctor treat me at my hotel before the gig in Guayaquil and shot me full of pain killers but the pain finally got me and had to sit for some of the songs but I wouldn’t not finish the set, I sat with our army of fans for an hour after the show then my doctor wanted to get me into hospital, and in short had 3 operations and I lost my leg three inches above the knee, that is now well on the mend and will be flying home on Wednesday 15th and arriving Thursday 16th early in the morning straight in to rehab to learn how to get around, again I would like to thank you all for your support I do love you all
All the best
Steve Grimmett

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 11:28 am

Wow. At least he seems to be taking it rather well. Again, nothing but best wishes for him.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 11:34 am

Just to clarify, the pic and quote are from a few months ago (January or February) when this first happened. I don't know that there's been any recent updates. I assume he's doing better.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 12:26 pm

How old is steve?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 12:31 pm

You can follow Steve's progress on his Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/grimreaperofficial/?pnref=lhc

His latest update is that he's up and about with a new prosthetic leg.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 4:23 pm

Gilbert wrote:
How old is steve?

The internet says he's 57.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 5:50 pm

I was diagnosed with Type-2 diabetes in late February. How anyone can gamble with that is beyond me. I'd been dieting since November anyway—which basically was just not drinking soda—but since my diagnosis I've been at it hardcore. Since November I've lost 70 pounds. I plan to lost at least 30 more, but not via amputations. Screw that.

If you get to that point, you've taken your illness for granted.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Steve put out a solo album called Personal Crisis a few years ago. It's going to be re-issued June 30th.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 11:44 pm

nevermore wrote:
Steve put out a solo album called Personal Crisis a few years ago. It's going to be re-issued June 30th.

We're talking heavy metal here?
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 1:26 pm

Seems he is so tough that the Grim Reaper could only take part of him!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 1:30 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Saw this thread and although I guessed it was this, I kind of hoped that he'd formed a death metal band.

Now that you mention it, "Steve Grimmett's Amputation" would be an awesome band name. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 2:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

Now that you mention it, "Steve Grimmett's Amputation" would be an awesome band name. Very Happy

Or simply amputation. But it would sound like a death metal band.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 5:24 pm

Gilbert wrote:
nevermore wrote:

We're talking heavy metal here?

Sure are
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmet's Amputation   Steve Grimmet's Amputation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steve Grimmet's Amputation
Page 1 of 1