Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Wave Of Thrash Metal

Go down 
+12
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Thelemech
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
Jaybird
Required Fields
Thrasher73
anthrax_fan
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

New Wave Of Thrash Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 9:20 pm

Serpent Saints -- I think these guys are already defunct but I only discovered em within the past year or so.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 10:38 pm

I like a lot of what these bands are doing. Thrash is better than ever!

So, if old bands are doing new material, is that this stuff? Or is there a certain "sound" that makes these cats "New Wave?" I ask because what I'm really, really enjoying is the new stuff that the old-school bands are doing.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 3:59 am

The Outer Limits is another good band. The singer sounds very similar to Russ of Forbidden.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 6:21 am

I listened to the first song in that Outer Limits video and it sounds really good. And the singer does sound like the guy from Forbidden. If I didn't know better I would have guessed it was him.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 8:39 am

Speaking of Municipal Waste, their new album will be out in June... a new song hit YouTube about a week ago.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 9:34 am

I'm not really trying to list the best, this is just four great bands I've been listening to lately.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 11:06 am

^^^
Boris is now the third person to pimp them"Terrifier" fellas in this thread - guess that means I should check them out. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Jaybird
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 12:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 5:19 am

Panikk is another darn fine thrash band that Sovdat turned me onto. They also have a new album out this year. Here's their first.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 5:50 am

Just thought of another one! Haha! Crisix- I know some of you guys aren't gonna dig the vocals but I love it. I've always liked odd or different style vocals. Anyway, check it out.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 11:59 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Panikk is another darn fine thrash band that Sovdat turned me onto. They also have a new album out this year. Here's their first.

Nice headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 10:07 pm

New EP

Shrapnel still kick your ass! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 10:34 am

Anyone here into Vexation? I am listening to them right now, definitely a band worth checking out if you like your thrash on the extreme side.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 3:14 pm

I like this movement of "ressurrection" of Thrash Metal , but I will always prefer the old classics first . Still , the commie-themed lyrics are just annoying to me , on bands like , for example , "Violator".

I couldn´t imagine anyone on the 80´s raising gay pride flags and supporting extreme left politicians , like this band Violator does , altought thrash had its ties with Punk it wasn´t that much nihilistic and anarchist like Hardcore , Crust or Grind and the "veegan mania" is rapdly proliferating among the thrash youth these days . It wasn´t that common back then either . New Wave Of Thrash Metal - Page 2 Kdskdjksjds

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 3:50 pm

anthrax_fan wrote:
I couldn´t imagine anyone on the 80´s raising gay pride flags

You may be right, but it's just social evolution.

Left wing politicians in the 80s weren't pro-gay marriage across the board either. People in 80s movies dropped homophobic slurs to and no one batted an eye.

Society progresses.

And I don't know, I also have always gotten a left wing vibe from most 80s thrash metal, with some obvious exceptions. But also, most of the time-then or now--the political lyrics are just lyrics to be thrash. Just blanket statements about the government or liberty or this or that, that one could interpret however they wanted for their political end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of Thrash Metal   New Wave Of Thrash Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Wave Of Thrash Metal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2