Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rage - Seasons of the Black

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6382

Rage - Seasons of the Black - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 11:13 am

007 wrote:
Interesting. I believe that's the first I've heard he bought the catalog.

Well, it happened. The Early Years box set is out.

But the reason I'm posting here is this:

New song! Adoration. That's also the feeling I get.

Also, the band talks about records:

Cool bit.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9940

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 1:47 pm

Love the new song. Pure speed \m/
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40616

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 1:52 pm

Glad he owns the originals. I prefer the original recording of that song though. I guess it's just what I'm more used to.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 5:30 am

The album is out.

And here's a new video for Season of the Black:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttmdaGxsHWk
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 3:42 pm

Anyone get this yet?

I've had to wait for my copy, but hopefully I'll have it tomorrow. It was shipped Thursday.

I've been on a Rage kick lately. I think I'll do a Rage album ranking for Rateyourmusic after this new CD arrives.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 7:23 am

Lari wrote:
Anyone get this yet?

I've had to wait for my copy, but hopefully I'll have it tomorrow. It was shipped Thursday.

I've been on a Rage kick lately. I think I'll do a Rage album ranking for Rateyourmusic after this new CD arrives.

I hope to have my copy delivered in the next couple of weeks. Cannot wait headbanger
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 7:19 am

I've had it for several days now - Peavy's singing is very croaky, but otherwise the music is all quality (a never-ending stream of tasty riffs). I think Peavy's voice just isn't as good as it used to be, so it's not just an artistic choice to sing in a more narrow range anymore. There's still "Rage-like" vocal melodies in verse & chorus, but he just doesn't go very high or even clean very often.

It's also only 51 minutes long. So I kind of already feel like I know all the songs better than I should. I could have used a few more new songs. Assuming there's more riffs where these awesome ones came from.

Luckily to add value there's the bonus CD which I haven't really even played yet.

And I have to say Marcos' solos are pretty damn good. You can listen to some of the songs on repeat just to hear the instrumental parts. And the production and sound is great on the album.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 10:31 am

Rage - Seasons of the Black - Page 2 RAGE

It's kind of sad how now with the addition of the Early Years box and the release of the new CD, there's no more Rage albums to get.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 3:27 pm

Lari wrote:

I did this today. Click on my signature and scroll down to read my ranking.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 11:34 pm

Got my copy yesterday, and loved it from first listen.

Much like most of the latest rage albums, i tend to suffer from a lack of immediate memorability, but with a few more listens, i should be fine.

The songs are fast and aggressive. Overall, a solid and highly recommended rage release as always.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 11:39 pm

Lari wrote:
Rage - Seasons of the Black - Page 2 RAGE

It's kind of sad how now with the addition of the Early Years box and the release of the new CD, there's no more Rage albums to get.

Actually there is one rage album i could not spot in the pic, their Best of all G.U.N. years released in 2001 Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Seasons of the Black   Rage - Seasons of the Black - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rage - Seasons of the Black
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2