Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Criminally Underrated albums topic ...

Go down 
+20
MetalGuy71
James B.
Thrasher73
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
moonspell67
Glower
Hadley
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
akeldama
Stender
Eyesore
Fat Freddy
mc666
Troublezone
Gilbert
Required Fields
Dark Horseman
anthrax_fan
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 12:55 am

Right? Perfect melding of prog metal sensibilities and catchy melodicism, while still retaining that melancholy sort of introspective vibe that 90s Fates was so good for.

And that's a good point about Spiritual Healing. It's like there's a counterculture of Death fans who defend its merit and thus help shift the general perception of it more towards the upper echelon of their discography.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 4:22 am

Speaking of Dokken, Don's Up from the Ashes is better than most people think.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 8:14 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Inside Out is my favorite by FW. Pale Fire, Shelter Me and Monument are so good.
I read a lot that Spiritual Healing is the forgotten album but when everyone is saying that, is it really forgotten? Razz

I've never heard that about Spiritual Healing. I have heard it about Human though.

anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 9:11 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Inside Out is my favorite by FW. Pale Fire, Shelter Me and Monument are so good.
I read a lot that Spiritual Healing is the forgotten album but when everyone is saying that, is it really forgotten? Razz

Both Fantastic albums and Spiritual Healing is certainly my fave Death record .
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 10:42 am

I've seen it described as forgotten on Encyclopedia Metallum and Amazon reviews. Eh, no biggy, it was a transition record and some fans can't handle the change aways from the early stuff.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 10:56 am

Bolt Thrower-Honour Valour Pride
Yeah, it doesn't have Willits but Dave Ingram has a very similar vocal and the music is still Bolt Thrower.
Back to top Go down
ohwellmonkey
Metal student
Metal student
ohwellmonkey

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 1:39 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Bolt Thrower-Honour Valour Pride
Yeah, it doesn't have Willits but Dave Ingram has a very similar vocal and the music is still Bolt Thrower.

agreed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Criminally Underrated albums topic ...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3