Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Criminally Underrated albums topic ...

Go down 
+20
MetalGuy71
James B.
Thrasher73
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
moonspell67
Glower
Hadley
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
akeldama
Stender
Eyesore
Fat Freddy
mc666
Troublezone
Gilbert
Required Fields
Dark Horseman
anthrax_fan
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 12:11 pm

Hadley wrote:
Megadeth-Cryptic Writings. Maybe slightly more commercial , but I found Trust, The Disintegrators, Mastermind, Vortex, She-Wolf, and FFF to be solid songs.

Hammerfall: Chapter V-Unbound, Unbent, Unbroken. This album contains one of my all time favorite Hammerfall tunes in Fury of the Wild, and the rest of the album isnt half bad either.

Completely agree with you.
Back to top Go down
moonspell67
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
moonspell67

Number of posts : 463

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 12:48 pm

Decoryah - Wisdom Floats....these young guys have 2 lps and 1 ep. Wisdom Floats is a masterwork in atmosphere. Stunning. And the band were teenagers when wisdom floats was recorded. Goes well with the dank.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 3:02 pm

Black sabbath - the headless cross : sabbath has always been associated with ozzy and dio, but tony martin is an amazing vocalist and this album is a monster.

Kreator - renewal: this was my introduction to kreator and it is a very good album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 3:45 pm

The first three Galactic Cowboys albums.

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 4:50 pm

Oh yeah, I thought GC would get way more popular then they did.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 5:56 pm

Wolf 'black flame'
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 7:27 pm

Forbidden - Distortion is a pretty under apreciated album that I like a lot .
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 7:36 pm

Stender wrote:
Cro mags- 'near death experience'

Seems like people only like to talk about age of quarrel, and even lesser best wishes, but there was some killer stuff on this album, the new vocal styles by John Joseph are cool and not really present on other cro mags albums.

I own the first three Cro Mags albums and yet have never even heard this one.

Remedying that right now
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 7:59 pm

Mine would be this

I love all of Deathrow's albums but this struck a great balance between the thrash attack of the first two and the super technical Deception Ignored headbanger
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 12:05 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Stender wrote:
Cro mags- 'near death experience'

Seems like people only like to talk about age of quarrel, and even lesser best wishes, but there was some killer stuff on this album, the new vocal styles by John Joseph are cool and not really present on other cro mags albums.

I own the first three Cro Mags albums and yet have never even heard this one.

Remedying that right now  

Wow never heard them before. I am hooked headbanger
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 2:26 am

anthrax_fan wrote:
Exodus - Pleasures of the Flesh is a pretty underrated album .
That was the biggest letdown I've ever had at the time of its release. Took me years to go back to it after the first couple listens. I just absolutely love Bonded by Blood, then Pleasures of the Flesh took what seemed forever to be released, then I didn't care for the new singer Zetro at all compared to Baloff. Love it now, but man I was pissed when it first came out.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 3:29 am

anthrax_fan wrote:

Yes, very good album.

I like Exodus- Force of Habit, Nuclear Assault-Something Wicked, to name a couple that most fans don't seem to appreciate. Also Cinderellas Heartbreak Station didn't seem to get much love but I think it's great.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 6:26 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
anthrax_fan wrote:

Yes, very good album.

I like Exodus- Force of Habit, Nuclear Assault-Something Wicked, to name a couple that most fans don't seem to appreciate.

Yes. All three are excellent.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 7:52 am

All albums from Coroner are criminally underrated. Kinda like King's X... so many bands praise their music, but they never got recognized properly.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 8:50 am

Metal Heart and Russian Roulette by Accept also qualify here as well.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 9:16 am

Stratovarius - Self Titled album , released in 2005 . Such a fantastic record that get dismissed by many .
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 10:02 am

Pantera- I Am The Night. The electronic drums are lame, but I am of the opinion that the songs are well written and Darrell puts down some of his better solos.

Soak- Self Tilted. This is pretty far off my usual scope of digging on due to the programming, but this is a damn catchy album. I call it angry guy with a hook.

Q5- Steel The Light. This album goes from power metal to AC/DC and most places in between.

Shotgun Messiah- Second Coming. Sure they look like transvestite hookers, but it has a street attitude/vibe that gives G-n-R a run for the money. I also appreciate it doesn't have the usual cheese factor that a lot of bands of this flavor have lyrically. Mileage may vary.

Eluveitie- Origins. A good balance of melodic death metal and Celtic instrumentation. The contrast between male growl and female clean vocals is balanced.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 10:31 am

007 wrote:
Flotsam And Jetsam - My God

I don't see this one get a lot of mention, but I think it's a phenomenal album.

I think a lot of F&J gets overlooked in general. Doomsday and No Place get the lion's share of the praise and adulation, while the rest of their catalog goes largely unnoticed.

Yes, they've changed their sound from the full-on thrash assault of the old days, but they've been pretty consistently good-to-great over 13 studio albums and 30+ years. They don't get near the recognition bands like Overkill and their other contemporaries in the thrash genre receive.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
moonspell67

Number of posts : 463

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 12:05 pm

This cd is more of an 'undiscovered band' than criminally under-rated. The reviews I have read vary, from 'airy' to 'lightweight' to 'gem'. Your thoughts:

The band is Astronoid and cd is "Air". Worth a search, or maybe this'll be important in 2017.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 12:07 am

Vengeance Rising - Destruction Comes

Love this. I love all VR, and I think Released...is also underrated...but Destruction Comes more so.

Once Dead - Visions of Hell

This is one of my favorite Thrash albums ever. I never tire of it, but I know it got hammered when it came out.

Impellitteri - Pedal to the Metal

Rob Rock has to be one of my 3-4 favorite vocalists ever. YET, this is probably my favorite Impellitteri album. Chris is simply blazing and on fire. I always find myself surprised when I hear songs from this album because of how much I like them.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 11:57 am

Impellitteri is underrated in general.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 2:26 pm

You're both super correct. Impellitteri slays and it seems no one knows who the hell they are. I really love Victim of the System and Answer to the Master in particular.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 2:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Dokken's Dysfunctional was a pretty legit comeback album but it was pretty much ignored.

Yeah! The 1st time I heard "Too High To Fly" on the radio I actually did not know it was them. They had dropped off my radar by then. I just remember thinking what a cool song. I was surprised when the DJ said who it was.  

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 2:40 pm

I don't know if anyone's said it yet, so I'll add Fates Warning's Inside Out to the discussion. I know it's had a resurgence of praise in recent years, but most fan word-of-mouth about the album was that it was underwhelming. I dunno where the hell that opinion came from, cos it's almost just as great as Parallels (which is a perfect album in my book).

Alice in Chains' Facelift is another album I see referred to as not-that-great, but it kicks my ass everytime. It's such a great Sabbath-influenced alternative metal album (how many of those exist? some Faith No More & Melvins come close, but in different ways).

Not metal, but Yes's Drama is one of my favorite albums by them. People seem to dismiss it because it's not got Jon Anderson and cos it's looking forward to the 80s a bit more than their usual sound, but it's got some of their best songs on it.

Death's Spiritual Healing gets dogged on comparatively to their early stuff and their mid-period proggier stuff, so being cursed as the middle-child in their discography harms its reputation for some reason. But it's a damn good death metal album, even if it lacks some of the rawness of their first two albums and lacks some of the technical intricacies of their post-Human sound.

There's probably some more I could think of, but I'll save those for later.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 4:49 pm

Inside Out is my favorite by FW. Pale Fire, Shelter Me and Monument are so good.
I read a lot that Spiritual Healing is the forgotten album but when everyone is saying that, is it really forgotten? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Criminally Underrated albums topic ...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next