Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

Favourite Blind Guardian album?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

fave one?
Battalions of Fear
Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 7 ]
Follow the Blind
Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Tales from the Twilight World
Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Somewhere Far Beyond
Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
Imaginations from the Other Side
Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 9 ]
Nightfall in Middle Earth
Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 13 ]
Night at the Opera
Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
A Twist in the Myth
Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 40

AuthorMessage

Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Blind Guardian album?   Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:20 pm

Long shot. But anyone have some Blind Guardian to trade? Me wants some. Smile
Back to top Go down
Glower
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glower

Number of posts : 2460

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Blind Guardian album?   Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2020 8:12 am

Late to the party with this band. Bought Battalions.
Tossed it in my car last night. Each song I was surprisingly good. First listen !
I will have to buy a second CD for sure.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lari

Number of posts : 4987

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Blind Guardian album?   Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2020 10:49 am

Welcome to the party!

Great way to start - at the beginning! If you continue in chronological order, Follow the Blind is a very similar sounding record to Battalions of Fear, and includes their biggest fan favourite of all - Valhalla. You'll love it.

I also love that late 80's / early 90's speed metal sound.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 7784

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Blind Guardian album?   Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2020 2:06 pm

Voted battalions of fear headbanger.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Blind Guardian album?   Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 7:38 am

I only like the first four and the live "Tokio Tales" . After that , it's kindda of "meh" to me . I became a fan back in 1996 , but couldN'T get into "Imaginations" and "Nightfall in Middle Earth" (which was a HUGE sucess here in Brazil back then , when they toured my country and where higly acclaimed) but the first four are great Speed/Power Metal .
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Blind Guardian album?   Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 7:53 am

BTW I voted for Follow the Blind , wich was my first exposure to their music .
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2347

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Blind Guardian album?   Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 9:07 am

Lari wrote:
their biggest fan favourite of all - Valhalla. You'll love it.

I also love that late 80's / early 90's speed metal sound.

I admittedly was never huge on BG like some of the bands of the genre, and only had a few albums, with Somewhere Far Beyond being the only one I was really, really into. I also had Nightfall, Night at the Opera, maybe one other.

But I just queued up "Valhalla" on Spotify based on the above comment, and wow. Amazing.

I will be listening to the rest of the album, and Battalions today.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Blind Guardian album?   Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 9:34 am

Their Old style was cool , but now I understand the move . It was great , but a lot LIMITED . their music revolved around one string tgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtg kind of playing , not much variety to enjoy .
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1690

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Blind Guardian album?   Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 10:29 pm

Imaginations
It has "bright eyes" which is my favorite blind guardian tune.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 31737

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Blind Guardian album?   Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 6:45 am

I'm a fan of their entire discography but I went with Somewhere Far Beyond.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lari

Number of posts : 4987

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Blind Guardian album?   Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 12:38 pm

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/super_ruben/a_pudgy_belgian_talks_about_blind_guardian/

A cool write-up worth reading. Summarizes each record well.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Blind Guardian album?   Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 10:24 pm

Currently listening to "At the Edge of Time" right now. Great album. I voted for "Tales from the Twilight World" as it was my first BG album many moons ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Blind Guardian album?   Favourite Blind Guardian album? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Blind Guardian album?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: