Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.

Go down 
+9
Wurthless
80s Metal Lady
Hadley
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Eyesore
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
Troublezone
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Empty
PostSubject: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 9:56 pm

Every once in a while I go to a library to check out what CDs they have and they are always dirt cheap like $1... So I currently have the M8 records reissue of Extraction from Mortality by Believer in my car and of coarse I was listening to it earlier. I look around not expecting anything special, and what do I see? An original REX edition of the same album! And in very good condition.

Anyone else have something similar happen?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 11:47 pm

A couple of months ago, i picked up forbidden path by eternal reign at a tiny used record shop in europe that has no metal normally.

Glad i did because i had been tracking this band for years. And it only cost me 7 euros. By the way, eternal reign are one hell of a metal band from germany. Any fans?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 1:59 am

Gilbert wrote:
A couple of months ago, i picked up forbidden path by eternal reign at a tiny used record shop in europe that has no metal normally.

Glad i did because i had been tracking this band for years. And it only cost me 7 euros. By the way, eternal reign are one hell of a metal band from germany. Any fans?

I never heard of them. What do they sound like?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 6:13 am

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Classic heavy metal with melodic touches. Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 6:53 am

I found Mastedon's "Lofcaudio" at a rinky dink thrift shop for a dollar a couple of years ago.

Last year I found an original Metallica "Garage Days Re-Revisited" disc (aka "The $9.98 CD") at Goodwill. I'd been lookin' for one of those for-damn-ever!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 11:22 am

Gilbert wrote:

Excellent band! Very similar to Brainstorm.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 11:25 am

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Classic heavy metal with melodic touches.  Highly recommended.

No one ever listens to me.

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t2453-eternal-reign-attention-brainstorm-fans

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t14615-eternal-reign-the-dawn-of-reckoning

lol!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 12:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Last year I found an original Metallica "Garage Days Re-Re-Revisited" disc (aka "The $9.98 CD") at Goodwill. I'd been lookin' for one of those for-damn-ever!

I found one of those in a Goodwill last year too. Since I already had a copy, I hooked my brother up with this one.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 4:15 pm

I picked up King's X Building Blox at a flea market a few years ago for a buck. It's essentially nothing more than a greatest hits compilation with an unreleased acoustic track, however it was a promotion item that wasn't for sale to the public and is (was?) quite rare.

Ult has a copy on his site too...
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/kingsx.htm

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 6:46 pm

I wish I could find the Metallica Garage Days CD... that's a very good find! Usually they sell for a lot at places like FYE.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 6:52 pm

Another one that I would like to find is the original megaforce records Kill 'Em All CD with the two cover songs that are no longer included.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 8:06 pm

Is the original version of Vengeance Rising's Human Sacrifice (with the "rising" not on the cover) rare? If so, I found that in a random thrift store many years ago (albiet on cassette, but still,,).
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 1:52 pm

Was visiting Seattle a few days ago and went to a drag queen's estate sale. I was flipping through the LPs which were mainly early Cher, Pointer Sisters, soundtracks to musicals, etc. I didn't expect to find any metal or hard rock, but finally found this. I never heard of the band, but they looked cool, so I checked them out on YouTube and they sound pretty good, so I bought it for $1. Looking at eBay prices, it looks like it was a good deal.

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 2:07 pm

I got a mini-LP replica King Crimson CD (In the Wake of Poseidon) from Amazon listed as the 2004 remaster. It's really dope. It's a small reproduction of the original gatefold LP and it wasn't listed as such, so I paid like 11 bucks for it. I've seen it sell for like 40 bucks (and there are 2 sealed new copies on amazon right now that are listed at 212 bucks, lol, but nobody's going for em).

It looks like this, but without the obi strip.
Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. S-l1600

Link to eBay page.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 2:21 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Was visiting Seattle a few days ago and went to a drag queen's estate sale.

Okay I'm calling this. 80s Metal Lady wins!! lol!

Prove me wrong! Try to come up with a less likely place to find a rare rock record! Even if you make it up you will still lose.

Well played 80s Metal Lady, well played!! humble
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 3:14 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
80s Metal Lady wrote:

Prove me wrong! Try to come up with a less likely place to find a rare rock record! Even if you make it up you will still lose.

lol!

And, even better, the drag queen is still alive (he just called it his "estate sale").
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 3:37 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
80s Metal Lady wrote:

lol!

And, even better, the drag queen is still alive (he just called it his "estate sale").

If I'd have been there I'd have bought all of the Cher records! (and maybe a couple of tiaras lol! )
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 3:53 pm

Being a pawn shop hound for 20 years, I have too many to mention. But I will tell ya about this one: Original Razor - Shotgun Justice for 2 bucks in a Winnipeg shop. Sold for $487.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 7:14 pm

Found Judas Priest (British Steel) and Van Halen (1984) 180g vinyl sealed at a thrift store for $5 each..
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 9:55 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Was visiting Seattle a few days ago and went to a drag queen's estate sale. I was flipping through the LPs which were mainly early Cher, Pointer Sisters, soundtracks to musicals, etc. I didn't expect to find any metal or hard rock, but finally found this. I never heard of the band, but they looked cool, so I checked them out on YouTube and they sound pretty good, so I bought it for $1. Looking at eBay prices, it looks like it was a good deal.

Fun story and being a native Washingtonian Rail was a staple. The Heart connection was a big deal and the band won MTV's Battle of the Bands like in 1980 or 81 with their only really cool tune Hello. They did some other OK stuff but Hello was epic arena rock and starts the album off that you bought. If memory serves they released a pair of EP's on vinyl and cassette and later in life the whole shooting match was released as Adio I believe on CD.

Here is a poor quality of that official vidja:

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 11:02 pm

I cannot imagine your collection Terry. 1, 2, 3, 4, - What are we Fighting for? I remember them winning the MTV thing. I have both of their albums in my itunes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.   Rare out of print gems in unlikely places. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rare out of print gems in unlikely places.
Page 1 of 1