Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forgotten Gems: Railway

Go down 
+5
BearOnUnicycle
krokus
exact33
Wurthless
TheDoctor'sScarf
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

Forgotten Gems: Railway Empty
PostSubject: Forgotten Gems: Railway   Forgotten Gems: Railway Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:18 pm

Just recently stumbled upon these forgotten German Metal-Meisters on youtube. Very straight forward AC/DC meets Accept meets late Judas Priest and Deep Purple rock and roll with song titles such as "Screaming After Midnight" (gee, I wonder what two song names were used to come up with that? Hahahaha!), "Crazy," "Heavy Metal Fever," and "Night Rider."

You really can't go wrong with these guys, if you dig that kind of metal.

Also, let's hear some of your forgotten gems: those groups that have been obscured by the shrouds and mists of time. Which ones were screwed in different ways, and why you think others owe it to themselves to give them a listen.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems: Railway   Forgotten Gems: Railway Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 4:18 pm

A very underrated USPM band called Fifth Angel. They released two albums and then split up.

Another band, Lethal, who were a Queensryche-like melodic power metal band.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23270

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems: Railway   Forgotten Gems: Railway Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:04 pm

TheDoctor'sScarf wrote:
Just recently stumbled upon these forgotten German Metal-Meisters on youtube. Very straight forward AC/DC meets Accept meets late Judas Priest and Deep Purple rock and roll with song titles such as "Screaming After Midnight" (gee, I wonder what two song names were used to come up with that? Hahahaha!), "Crazy," "Heavy Metal Fever," and "Night Rider."

You really can't go wrong with these guys, if you dig that kind of metal.

Also, let's hear some of your forgotten gems: those groups that have been obscured by the shrouds and mists of time. Which ones were screwed in different ways, and why you think others owe it to themselves to give them a listen.

I got 4 of their albums last year - good stuff!!

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems: Railway   Forgotten Gems: Railway Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 4:28 am

RAILWAY was a great band, have all their releases and specialy the first three are good, after that they went downhills. Other bands that should have made it bigger are GRAVESTONE, VETO, HIGH TENSION, NOISEHUNTER, ATTACK, TRANCE, TALON or STORMWITCH, all from germany and all great.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems: Railway   Forgotten Gems: Railway Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 5:12 am

^What he said + Tyran Pace (Ralf Scheepers(?) first band). But I especially love Metal-on-Metal post. Fifth Angel and Lethal are both AWESOME. Here are some more US power-prog bands that rule:
Probably my fave USPM album - absolutely amazing.

If anyone cares I can post a bit more of stuff like this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems: Railway   Forgotten Gems: Railway Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 6:11 am

TITAN FORCE is great with JAG PANZER singer. They did two good album. The OLIVER MAGNUM lp is cool too.
GARGOYLE from the USA also did a great album back in 88 of pure power heavy metal.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems: Railway   Forgotten Gems: Railway Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 7:47 am

TENSION - Breaking Point LP
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7631

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems: Railway   Forgotten Gems: Railway Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:06 am

One of my all time favorite bands is the long forgotten Breaker from Ohio. They had a great sound and were somewhat big here in Ohio. Their album, Get Tough, is a classic and was reissued in 2000 as a 2 cd set. Grab it if you can.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems: Railway   Forgotten Gems: Railway Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:17 am

BREAKER are cool, i have their released. On the same label you had bands like DESTRUCTOR or BLACK DEATH, both great bands too.
Some other underrated US METAL bands are ATTACKER, AXEHAMMER, STONE VENGEANCE, STEEL ASSASSIN or DEADLY BLESSING, all bands with cool albums and songs. Check them out on you tube if somebody dont know them and buy their albums!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems: Railway   Forgotten Gems: Railway Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 6:03 pm

krokus wrote:
BREAKER are cool, i have their released. On the same label you had bands like DESTRUCTOR or BLACK DEATH, both great bands too.
Some other underrated US METAL bands are ATTACKER, AXEHAMMER, STONE VENGEANCE, STEEL ASSASSIN or DEADLY BLESSING, all bands with cool albums and songs. Check them out on you tube if somebody dont know them and buy their albums!!!!!!!!!
Breaker is great. The German one is not as good IMO.
I'd add Sacred Oath. Top notch USPM. They've released a new album in 2011 I believe.
And I've thought about the following Canadian steele:
The singer reminds me of Shok Paris, who also belong to this thread.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems: Railway   Forgotten Gems: Railway Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 8:38 am

I still kick myself for not picking up those Railway discs when Omega had their big sale last year. Stupidity on my part.

I'm gonna have to get that Breaker.

I've always loved Living Death
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems: Railway   Forgotten Gems: Railway Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:03 pm

Yet another Labyrinth? I have the Italian one, and a US one as well:

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Gems: Railway   Forgotten Gems: Railway Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forgotten Gems: Railway
Page 1 of 1