Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released!

Go down 
+5
Wargod
nevermore
TrogDawn
mc666
kmorg
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! Empty
PostSubject: Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released!   Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:50 pm

I've waited many years for this one! 🤘

Quote :
CONCEPT OF GOD, the project featuring SOLITUDE AETURNUS members Robert Lowe (vocals), Steve Moseley (guitar), James Martin (bass) alongside former SOLITUDE AETURNUS drummer John Covington, will release its debut album, "Visions", on November 9 via Germany's Massacre Records.

According to a press release, CONCEPT OF GOD began in late 1999 not long after SOLITUDE AETURNUS released its fifth album, "Adagio". As SOLITUDE AETURNUS entered into what would become its longest break between albums, music was being written by Steve Moseley for a side project of a slightly different nature. As fate would have it, Robert Lowe was also developing a "concept" for a side project, and presented Steve with lyrics and ideas that he had been working on.

After agreeing to focus their efforts, the CONCEPT OF GOD project began to take shape. John Covington came aboard on drums, and longtime friend River Tunnell stepped in on bass. This lineup played quite a few regional shows with different keyboard players in the mix as well. Eventually River was replaced with James Martin, with whom Steve had worked in other projects over the years. In December 2000 after many months of live shows, this lineup entered Pineapple studio in Arlington, Texas to record nine songs. Shortly afterwards problems arose with SOLITUDE AETURNUS, and side projects were put on hold. The CONCEPT recordings were never completed. As band members changed in SOLITUDE AETURNUS, and new material was being written for their next album "Alone", it seemed that the CONCEPT OF GOD project would never see the light of day.

In July 2007, after almost seven years, the recordings were taken to Nomad Studio in Carrollton, Texas and put together in their proper form by the master engineer Mr. J.T. Longoria. The album was produced by Steve Moseley and mastered by Steve and Nomad Studio owner Gary Long.

With artwork from the amazing Torsten Gebhardt and layout design from Richard Peters, "Visions" has become as much a spectacle for the eyes as it is music for the ears. This new album from CONCEPT OF GOD offers a unique glimpse into the lives of a few SOLITUDE AETURNUS members during their long hiatus between 1999 and 2006, proving that true metal is alive and well.
For those interested, here is the only song every to be made available from this project (and it's killer):

PAST PERFECT

Has a great Sabbath sound to it. 🤘

Last edited by on Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released!   Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:53 pm

Why is this not a new SA album surprised Sure sounds like it.

PostSubject: Re: Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released!   Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:59 pm

kmorg wrote:
Why is this not a new SA album surprised Sure sounds like it.
It does. It's been recorded for ages. If this song is indicative of the rest of the album, I'd say it's a bit more uptempo than SA, but Lowe's voice definitely makes it seem like a SA album for sure. Great song, though.

I'll take an SA knock-off any day of the week! Haha.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released!   Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 12:32 am

it's on my want list for sure. anything Rob Lowe contributes to has got to be exceptional.

TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released!   Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 1:06 am

🤘
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released!   Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 4:21 pm

http://www.myspace.com/conceptofgod

New song samples! This sounds like it's gonna be killer. It's got a sound similar to Solitude Aeturnus, but I wonder how similar we'd think that was if Lowe wasn't singing? Either way, sounds awesome! I've been waiting for this album for a long, long time!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released!   Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 3:29 pm

I'll have to get a copy of this!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released!   Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:57 am

http://www.brainticket.com

You can buy this album from Brainticket now. $14 total, with S&H. I just ordered my copy. I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released!   Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 6:41 am

Ordered my copy last week isn't released until like the 14th though!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released!   Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 6:47 am

sounds cool. anything to do with solitude should be good and the one song does
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released!   Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 1:54 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Ordered my copy last week isn't released until like the 14th though!

Wargod48
I thought it was the 9th. Who cares. Album sounds killer!
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released!   Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 8:04 pm

I downloaded a promo of this on soulseek. I wasn't impressed.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released!   Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 8:09 pm

Ordered my copy today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released!   Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 11:10 pm

romeolimagolf wrote:
I downloaded a promo of this on soulseek. I wasn't impressed.
Yay!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released!   Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 11:27 am

Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! 83628 Bumping an oldie here...

I've got me a copy of this album headed my way. It's pretty much a blind purchase, having not heard a note. But I've done my homework and see that it's more or less another Solitude Aeturnus album with most of the key players in place. The price was right, so I thought "What the heck, I'll give it a shot."

Any thought's on this album? Great underground classic or dud?

Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released!   Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:23 pm

Good, not a classic... The Rainbow cover is great!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released!   Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:29 pm

Doomdance wrote:

How is it compared to other Solitude releases? Most reviews I've read said it coulda/shoulda been an SA release, but the guitarist felt otherwise. I didn't catch that there was a Rainbow cover on there. 'Man on the Silver Mountain'. Wicked. Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! 778825

Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released!   Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 2:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Doomdance wrote:

How is it compared to other Solitude releases? Most reviews I've read said it coulda/shoulda been an SA release, but the guitarist felt otherwise. I didn't catch that there was a Rainbow cover on there. 'Man on the Silver Mountain'. Wicked. Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! 778825

SA has more hookes and turnes, this is more straight forward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released!   Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Concept Of God Album FINALLY Getting Released!
Page 1 of 1