Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)

Go down 
+13
metalinmyveins
Gilbert
Wrecked Neck
Fat Freddy
nevermore
glassprison
Thelemech
exact33
akeldama
Dark Horseman
mc666
Witchfinder
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Overkill's Best Post-1991 Album
I Hear Black
90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Vote_lcap5%90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
W.F.O.
90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Vote_lcap26%90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Vote_rcap
 26% [ 5 ]
The Killing Kind
90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Vote_lcap5%90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
From The Underground And Below
90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Vote_lcap21%90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Vote_rcap
 21% [ 4 ]
Necroshine
90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Vote_lcap42%90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Vote_rcap
 42% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Empty
PostSubject: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 4:29 pm

All right folks it's time for another Overkill poll. What's your favorite post-1991 Overkill album? I gave Horrorscope the boot from the poll because I figured it would get the lion's share of the votes.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 4:50 pm

W.F.O. is complete badassery. From the Underground and Below is also a monster. Those two are actually in my top 3 of all Overkill albums.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 4:59 pm

From the Underground easily but they're all great. Only complaint would be I Hear Black is kind of muddy production wise.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 5:02 pm

Voted for Necroshine because it really holds a certain place for me.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 5:17 pm

Necroshine. I really enjoyed that one a lot.

Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 5:52 pm

Necroshine - love that album!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 6:37 pm

I like that Necroshine is much beloved here. It's in my top 5 of Overkill albums for sure. It's darker lyricly...you could tell Blitz was struggling with his situation at the time.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 6:43 pm

Those are all great even though I Hear Black is my least favorite Overkill album. I decided to go with The Killing Kind. The Cleansing is one of my favorite Overkill tunes.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 6:48 pm

Quote :
W.F.O. is complete badassery.

The production doesn't bother you? For me the bass gets tough to listen to after a few tracks.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 7:00 pm

I've never understood the complaints about the production on W.F.O . It sounds just fine to me.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 7:07 pm

007 wrote:
I've never understood the complaints about the production on W.F.O . It sounds just fine to me.

Same here... yes the bass was a lot more prevalent, but it was played so well that it made the album stand out as exceptional even more.

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 7:35 pm

007 wrote:
Those are all great even though I Hear Black is my least favorite Overkill album. I decided to go with The Killing Kind. The Cleansing is one of my favorite Overkill tunes.

I'm not a religious man, but even I can admit that the outro to that song is pretty powerful. You just have to chant along to it as you head bang.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 8:03 pm

It's a toss up between Necroshine and From The Underground & Below. Today I went with Necroshine.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 8:03 pm

From The Underground And Below is not only my favorite 90s Overkill but one of my top Kill discs, period!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 8:51 pm

mc666 wrote:
I like that Necroshine is much beloved here. It's in my top 5 of Overkill albums for sure. It's darker lyricly...you could tell Blitz was struggling with his situation at the time.

Necroshine is my fave Overkill of them all.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 9:33 pm

Necroshine, but I could go W.F.O. tomorrow. Both....all of them are great albums though.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 10:31 pm

Went with necroshine. Mainly because of the title track which is one of my favourite songs ever.

But all are awesome. Don't own from the underground cd yet but i ordered the historikill box set recently. Hopefully will listen to it soon.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 9:32 am

I haven't really spun any of these in a while and what I'm finding out so far, is my opinion for the most part hasn't changed. I think it will be difficult for "Necroshine" to be unseated as my favorite, as I just listened to this one last night. Then you have "Killing Kind", which I just finished listening to. For whatever reason, that album just doesn't click with me. It's Overkill, so that means it's always going to be good, but the bar is set higher for this band as they've always been so consistent. "Killing Kind" feels disjointed. It would be one of those albums where it would receive 3.25 out of 5 stars for me, I think. I'm going to give the other three a listen over the next couple of days before I make my decision.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 10:56 am

It took me a long time to find a copy of necroshine
For some reason i could not find it in any shop around europe. Until i scored a cassette at hammer muzik shop in turkey last year. Last january this album popped up in my face at a record shop in paris. Lucky me \m/
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 3:16 pm

akeldama wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Necroshine is my fave Overkill of them all.

headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 5:13 pm

W.F.O. has my vote.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
LeatherRebel
Metal novice
Metal novice
LeatherRebel

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 6:03 pm

Overkill is my second favorite band (next to Priest) so it's hard to choose a favorite, but W.F.O. is my favorite 90's Overkill disc.

Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 6:36 pm

Necroshine.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 4:58 am

From the Underground gets more revisits than the others for me.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 12:36 pm

A little surprised The Killing Kind only got one vote.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)   90s Overkill Poll!  (Minus Horroscope) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

90s Overkill Poll! (Minus Horroscope)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next