Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The more expensive cds.

Go down 
+15
martinsane
Thelemech
manny
Eyesore
BearOnUnicycle
Required Fields
Witchfinder
Gilbert
Stender
MetalGuy71
exact33
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
John Madden
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

The more expensive cds. Empty
PostSubject: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 11:43 am

How often do you spend more than 40 dollars or more for one compact disc? Usually I don't, but if it's a rarity not likely to be reissued for an ok price, I will bite the bullet.For example, I scored a Pariah Blaze of obscurity for 49.99 plus shipping. I've been eyeing it for years, it's never below 60 dollars, so I jumped at the chance. Yeah ,I could have waited it out,but sometimes you have to make that move.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 11:55 am

I've always been kind of a cheapskate, so I never got into the habit of paying big money for CDs. Back in the 90s I might have dropped $35 or $40 for a Japanese import every once in a while but even those were special occasions.

Those days are long over with now. Darn wife and kids always needing unnecessary frills like food, clothing and shelter....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 11:57 am

Yeah, I can't do that anymore. I think $30 is the most I ever spent anyways.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 12:03 pm

mp3s are great. you get the music at a great price.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 12:48 pm

I rarely go over $10 for a cd, but just recently I picked up the 2 disc set Lemmy: The Anthology for just under $15, so that was kind of a big deal for me. Especially when it was going for around $50 for awhile there.

Other than that, I think the most I paid for a cd was maybe like $25 back in the day when I had more disposable cash. I've always been "economically conservative" with music purchases.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 12:55 pm

I don't think I've ever spent over $30.00 for a cd. I've gone into the mid 20s a couple of times but that's about it. My wife would kill me if I started blowing big time money on cds. She thinks it's a waste as it is. No sense in adding fuel to the fire.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 1:11 pm

I used to buy cds all the time for upwards of 50 bucks all the time when I first started posting here, being a teenager with a job and no bills allows for that kind of stuff, now its unlikely that I spend money on new music at all. I wish reissues were as common 10 years ago as they are now.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 1:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I rarely go over $10 for a cd, but just recently I picked up the 2 disc set Lemmy: The Anthology for just under $15, so that was kind of a big deal for me. Especially when it was going for around $50 for awhile there.

Other than that, I think the most I paid for a cd was maybe like $25 back in the day when I had more disposable cash. I've always been "economically conservative" with music purchases.

i will get cds from amazon when comparably priced to mp3. most of the time the cd is $11 or so, otherwise its mp3 album.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 2:16 pm

I tend to pay a lot for my cds. Due to the boycott situation around here i have to find ways to get my hands on metal music, which incurs extra fees. On average, a cd costs me around 25$. I payed over 45$ for some rarities, like xentrix and toxik.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 2:33 pm

I do buy CDs for $50+ - usually they are out of print NWOBHM albums or compilations. I still occasionally buy Japanese imports but they are fairly cheap now - $25 or so. There were some oddball singles that I bought as well, but I have most of what I was interested in. Also, newly pressed vinyl routinely goes from $25+ so expensive CDs don't seem that expensive any more.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 3:50 pm

The original pressing for the first, last, and only Overthrow album, Within Suffering, has gone for over $400 on eBay. Yikes!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 3:52 pm

Required Fields wrote:
The original pressing for the first, last, and only Overthrow album, Within Suffering, has gone for over $400 on eBay. Yikes!

Evidently that's been reissued.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Overthrow-Within-Suffering-Bonus-Premier-Canada-Thrash-Metal-/252653208934?category=0

I can't believe someone would spend that much money on a cd.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 4:10 pm

Most of my CDs are 30$+. Not buying anymore though, got most what I wanted and could get, and with other (modern) bands there are much better options. If I come across say a CD that I still wish to own I would pay 40 or more, good thing this will never happen so I'm safe.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 6:55 pm

I used to do it quite often, but not anymore. If it's SUPER rare and something I've been looking for for a long time, sure, I'd do it.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 8:29 pm

The most I ever payed for a CD was 100 bucks for the original Grindcore press of Spectrum of Death.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 9:03 pm

I have never payed more than $30, that was usually for a bootlegs. Once I bought a Y & T album for $30 and then the bastards turned right around and reprinted it.
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 9:23 pm

manny wrote:
I have never payed more than $30, that was usually for a bootlegs. Once I bought a Y & T album for  $30 and then the bastards turned right around and reprinted it.
I had a similar situation except mine ended better.I sold Razor's "Shotgun Justice" on Fringe Records to a friend for 200 dollars, who flipped it to someone in Germany for 350 dollars, only to have Relapse reissue and remaster it six months later. lol!
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 10:04 pm

The most I have spent on a single CD is about 50 bucks for a copy of Cross Purposes from the Tony Martin fronted version of Black Sabbath.
I also spent about 25+ for each of the Electric Wizard albums.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 10:20 pm

With re-releases being quite common, i now tend to wait as much as possible before paying a huge amount for a rare cd. One item i am still waiting for to be re-relased is black sabbath's tyr. No clue when though.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 11:22 pm

I know the precise records I have spent the most on.

I spent $100 for 4 discs once:

Lion / Mark Edwards - Power Love / Code Of Honor
Lion - Dangerous Attraction
Lion - Trouble In Angel City
The Floyds-Creamy

I think $25 a disc on this deal was a mighty fine investment.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 3:44 am

The most I've spent on a cd is $50. It was Alligator- Cerebral Implosion back when I was still collecting. Now it's just mp3s for me. Gotta love Amazon prime and unlimited.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 12:54 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
The most I've spent on a cd is $50. It was Alligator- Cerebral Implosion back when I was still collecting. Now it's just mp3s for me. Gotta love Amazon prime and unlimited.

and mp3s are a lot easier to store as well@

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 6:09 pm

I paid what works out at $45 for the deluxe Hizaki - Rosario set but it was only because it was a Japan only release. I paid about $55 for the Arcana 13 set but that came with all kinds of goodies.

Generally I'm not that interested in collectable CD's but I could be tempted to part with fairly hefty money for a copy of Subrosa - Strega but it's impossible to come by.

Records are a different thing and the most I've paid is abut $170 which I've done a few times.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 7:29 pm

I doubt I've ever gone beyond $21-23. I just can't. I'll wait it out, sniff around endlessly...or do without.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 7:35 pm

Does sniffing endlessly help? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The more expensive cds.   The more expensive cds. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The more expensive cds.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next